Windows 10: Mother Board

Discus and support Mother Board in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've seen a few articals that have said the 200 series chip set isn't compatible with the 300 series. But what I don't understand is how it isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ViperWW, Apr 22, 2020.

1. ViperWW Win User

Mother Board

I've seen a few articals that have said the 200 series chip set isn't compatible with the 300 series. But what I don't understand is how it isn't compatible. I have a Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Mother Board and it's made for the 200 series. Why can't I just install the proper drivers and upgrade my CPU to a 300 series?

:)

ViperWW, Apr 22, 2020

2. Replacing Mother Board

I need to replace my mother board. I have purchased the identical replacement. I want replace the mother board and use the same old Processor. Processor is i7 6700K and the motherboard is ASUS Z170. Is it possible to replace the Mother board without re installing
    the Windows and software.

Thank you

Franklin Silva

Silvafranklin, Apr 22, 2020
  3. i have dell 4gjjt mother board i like to upgrade it how and to what mother board?

i have dell 4gjjt mother board i like to upgrade it how and to what mother board?

lloydsmith_896, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Mother Board

Upgrading to a new mother board

I purchased a prebuilt gaming PC.. I am going to be upgrading to a RTX 2080ti and adding more ram to it. eventually I am going to Dual 2080ti but my motherboard only supports 1 video card ASUS Prime B450. I am going to purchase a new mother board that supports
    multiple GPU's. My question is.. will I have to purchase a whole new version of windows for the new mother board?

Jeff Forbes, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Mother Board

1. Mother Board - Similar Threads - Mother Board

2. computer crashed when i switch the hdmi from mother board connector to gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer crashed when i switch the hdmi from mother board connector to gpu: Likely at faultFaulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.3758, time stamp: 0xbf79d152Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3636, time stamp: 0x9b64aa6fException code: 0xc0000374Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff349Faulting process id:...
  3. computer crashed when i switch the hdmi from mother board connector to gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer crashed when i switch the hdmi from mother board connector to gpu: Likely at faultFaulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.3758, time stamp: 0xbf79d152Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3636, time stamp: 0x9b64aa6fException code: 0xc0000374Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff349Faulting process id:...
  4. My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it...: My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it function proper on without restarting what could be the problem?...
  5. My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it...

My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it...: My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it function proper on without restarting what could be the problem?...
  6. My gigabyte mother board keeps restarting when it tries to load, windows but in bios it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Installing new mother board led to BitLocker recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing new mother board led to BitLocker recovery key ID: I had a support engineer replace and install a new mother board in my Lenovo laptop and post that upon switiching ON, it prompts to key in the Recovery Bitlocker ID. The original bit locker ID associated with my laptop doesn't work. How to get the recovery bitlocker key?...
  8. Installing new mother board led to BitLocker recovery key ID

Installing new mother board led to BitLocker recovery key ID: I had a support engineer replace and install a new mother board in my Lenovo laptop and post that upon switiching ON, it prompts to key in the Recovery Bitlocker ID. The original bit locker ID associated with my laptop doesn't work. How to get the recovery bitlocker key?...
  9. my self siva sai.my laptop has mother board problem.when i went to service center they were...

my self siva sai.my laptop has mother board problem.when i went to service center they were...: my self siva sai.my laptop has mother board problem.when i went to service center they were repaired by laptop but microsoft account doesnot access what i should do...
  10. my self siva sai.my laptop has mother board problem.when i went to service center they were...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my self siva sai.my laptop has mother board problem.when i went to service center they were...: my self siva sai.my laptop has mother board problem.when i went to service center they were repaired by laptop but microsoft account doesnot access what i should do...