Windows 10: Mother is now deceased and I would like to become sole administrator.

Discus and support Mother is now deceased and I would like to become sole administrator. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought this computer for our Mother and she has since passed away. I would like to know how to change control / administrator over to myself. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David-Wortman, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Mother is now deceased and I would like to become sole administrator.

I bought this computer for our Mother and she has since passed away. I would like to know how to change control / administrator over to myself. I worry about losing any or all of her files which are important to our Family. Any help would be appreciated... Thank You.

:)

David-Wortman, Sep 3, 2020

2. Administrator

When I upgraded to Win 10, I used my deceased mother's name as user account/administrator. I want to change that to my own name and information. How can I do this?

metromiami74, Sep 3, 2020
  3. IainWatt Win User
    adminstrator rights as sole user

Why am I told I do not have administrator rights and thus cannot open desktop downloads, move files etc.? I am sole user of this newly bought PC using Windows 10 and Outlook 365. Please can you give me a step by step idiot's guide to solving this silly
    problem? This is a domestic, single user PC. Thank you.

IainWatt, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Mother is now deceased and I would like to become sole administrator.

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Mother is now deceased and I would like to become sole administrator.

1. Mother is now deceased and I would like to become sole administrator. - Similar Threads - Mother deceased become

2. Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop: Hello,My husband died and with him the administrator password and pin to all of the household laptops HP Envy. He was the administrator on all of them. I've tried everything to get in Pin and Password. How can I get in? Yes, there's a hint but I can't crack that either....
  3. Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop: Hello,My husband died and with him the administrator password and pin to all of the household laptops HP Envy. He was the administrator on all of them. I've tried everything to get in Pin and Password. How can I get in? Yes, there's a hint but I can't crack that either....
  4. Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Deceased Mother's Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deceased Mother's Microsoft Account: Dear Staff:My mother, Linda E. Anderson, passed away in June of this year and I inherited the Walmart Dell laptop that I ran to the store to buy for her. I will need her information to log into Windows so that I may re-install it again for my own use. Dell has already given...
  6. Deceased Mother's Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deceased Mother's Microsoft Account: Dear Staff:My mother, Linda E. Anderson, passed away in June of this year and I inherited the Walmart Dell laptop that I ran to the store to buy for her. I will need her information to log into Windows so that I may re-install it again for my own use. Dell has already given...
  7. Becoming an administrator

Becoming an administrator: Hello ! I missclicked a button on my screen and then my main account became from an administrator account to a regular account,now everytime im trying to click "change my account type" it doesn't let me press it cuz it requires admin status. How can I fix this without...
  8. Deceased husband - change the administrator on his laptop

Deceased husband - change the administrator on his laptop: My husband unexpectedly died in December. I have access to his laptop we were open with our passwords and have only just felt ready to switch his laptop on so I can transfer any photos etc. I want to keep it, always good to have a spare but I don't like seeing his name on...
  9. Would like to change from owner to administrator

Would like to change from owner to administrator: Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to change from owner to administrator. Under control panel, user account, user account, manage account, change account, change account type. Under all that is "Choose a new account type for owner ." I am listed as administrator....
  10. Deleted administrator privileges on my sole account

Deleted administrator privileges on my sole account: Hello windows community. I have just migrated to windows, and I'm having a very frustrating problem that I am sure has a simple solution. Alas, I am confounded right now. In account settings, I disabled my administrator privileges. I only have ONE account, and it is a...