Windows 10: Motherboard change to support Secure Boot

Discus and support Motherboard change to support Secure Boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my Motherboard for one that supported secure boot, I have made appropriate changes in EUFI Bios, the system booted and win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Palcouk, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Palcouk Win User

Motherboard change to support Secure Boot

I recently upgraded my Motherboard for one that supported secure boot, I have made appropriate changes in EUFI Bios, the system booted and win activated.MS info shows Bios Mode as Legacy.Is a win10 repair or clean win install required to enable EUFI bios mode?And if so I may have a problem, my Win 10 Pro was via a free MS upgrade from win7 many years ago, and as such when I access my MS Account, of which for some reason I have two on one it shows a 2016 Access component as a service, but nothing else. And nothing on the other, In Devices on both it shows Win 10 Pro but no serial# and gives th

:)

Palcouk, Oct 17, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Oct 17, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

CSM/Secure Boot BIOS setting change causes Windows 8 to de-activate

I have a Windows 8 BIOS (non-UEFI) installation on a motherboard with UEFI and Secure Boot support. The installation was running smooth for over a month until I was tinkering with the Secure Boot settings. I changed CSM from "enabled" (which lets it gel with non-UEFI devices) to "auto"; and although Secure Boot was disabled, it had some default platform keys loaded. I cleared those keys.

The following reboot took longer than usual, and to my horror, Windows was no longer activated. Activate by Internet doesn't work because I've used up my key across two motherboards (unlock limit), and Microsoft India support has a lazy Monday-to-Friday work week. Is there anything I can try in the meantime? I've tried setting CSM back to "enabled," and loaded whatever default Secure Boot keys the setup program had.

btarunr, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Motherboard change to support Secure Boot - Similar Threads - Motherboard change support

2. Secure Boot Not Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot Not Supported: Help!My Device Has Windows 11.But It Doesn't Support Secure Boot Or TPM 2.0.I Wanted To Play On Faceit.But The Anti-Cheat Gives Two Errors."Your System Is Missing Important Security Updates. Please Run Windows Updates To Keep Using FACEIT AC."And "Secure Boot Needs To Be...
  3. Secure Boot Not Supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure Boot Not Supported: Help!My Device Has Windows 11.But It Doesn't Support Secure Boot Or TPM 2.0.I Wanted To Play On Faceit.But The Anti-Cheat Gives Two Errors."Your System Is Missing Important Security Updates. Please Run Windows Updates To Keep Using FACEIT AC."And "Secure Boot Needs To Be...
  4. Secure boot not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot not supported: Hi, i tried to enable secure boot from bios asus motherboard, both in windows uefi mode and other os mode, however it didn't work. System Information says it is not supported. How can i fix this pls? i need it enabled to play Valorant...
  5. Secure boot not supported

Secure boot not supported: Hi, i tried to enable secure boot from bios asus motherboard, both in windows uefi mode and other os mode, however it didn't work. System Information says it is not supported. How can i fix this pls? i need it enabled to play Valorant...
  6. Set secure boot on Asus b450m-a motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set secure boot on Asus b450m-a motherboard: I'm trying to set secure boot on Asus b450m-a motherboard to be able to use Win 11. I have tried various combinations of CSM settings and Secure Boot settings but haven't been able to achieve it. The PC Health App tells me that TPM 2 is enabled but Secure Boot isn't. Can...
  7. Motherboard change to support Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard change to support Secure Boot: I recently upgraded my Motherboard for one that supported secure boot, I have made appropriate changes in EUFI Bios, the system booted and win activated.MS info shows Bios Mode as Legacy.Is a win10 repair or clean win install required to enable EUFI bios mode?And if so I may...
  8. Motherboard change to support Secure Boot

Motherboard change to support Secure Boot: I recently upgraded my Motherboard for one that supported secure boot, I have made appropriate changes in EUFI Bios, the system booted and win activated.MS info shows Bios Mode as Legacy.Is a win10 repair or clean win install required to enable EUFI bios mode?And if so I may...
  9. Secure Boot Not Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secure Boot Not Changing: I was about to install linux mint to my surface pro 4 so I could dual boot it with windows. It told me that I needed to disable bitlocker so I did. With bitlocker uninstalled I have no way of booting from my USB because my secure boot wont change. Whenever I click microsoft &...
  10. How to boot windows if motherboard is changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to boot windows if motherboard is changed: Though this is about Win 7 but I think it will be same for others also. I have Win 7 running on AMD and I am trying to run my hard-disk on new Intel. I could not boot. I have new motherboard drivers. I tried to install these while my hard disk still in old PC but these did...