Windows 10: Motherboard component blown up - ASUS Q550LF

Discus and support Motherboard component blown up - ASUS Q550LF in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello folks, Once I was removing the internal battery of my laptop and the screw driver accidentally dropped on the motherboard, there was a smoke... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hvitoi, Jun 2, 2016.

1. hvitoi Win User

Motherboard component blown up - ASUS Q550LF

Hello folks,

Once I was removing the internal battery of my laptop and the screw driver accidentally dropped on the motherboard, there was a smoke and it looks like 2 capacitors have blown up.

Since then I was using the laptop normally, but now, after a week more or less, my battery doesn't charge anymore and I have to use it constantly plugged to the AC.
    Furthermore at the same time a strange problem started to happen, once in a while the laptop suddenly goes to the sleep mode and it's for sure not software's configuration problem. I believe it's related also to the blown component.

My guess (really just the idea that came to my mind) is that this component was a kind of voltage regulator, and at some point some higher voltage passed through and spoiled the battery.

Do you guys have any guesses of what is this component and how could I fix it? Or if I could possibly buy this component somewhere? On the motherboard it seems to be written PJ8805 and PJ8806.

http://s33.postimg.org/t7eqxptnj/IMG...603_022232.jpg

http://s33.postimg.org/hgjd0457j/IMG...603_022307.jpg

Any tip is very welcome!

:)

hvitoi, Jun 2, 2016
  2. DocDoubt Win User

Code 43 Error for NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M

Having the same issues here. I'm running a clean install of Windows 10 on my Asus Q550lf after a nightmarish experience of trying to update to the new OS. Was having a simialr issue when I running Windows

I work with Photoshop and Premier so I'd like to use something more powerful than the basic video of the motherboard.

DocDoubt, Jun 2, 2016
  3. anonynnez Win User
    TOUCHPAD GESTURES

i have an asus q550lf i bought it originally with windows 8 upgraded to 8.1 then updraded to 10 and thats when my touchpad stopped understanding the gestures.

no gestures work when u upgrade asus q550lf from 8.1 to 10, so now to scroll i have to press down on the side scroll panel to the right of the screen. Its insanely tedious.

please update?

anonynnez, Jun 2, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

Then actually look carbon graphite fuses and that looks like the battery connection next to it....

Good chance the cause of not charging...

Common problem on Dell's not charging is a cracked fuse, then easier to find if burned...

Here is what they should look like..
    Attachment 83029 Attachment 83030

Very common and replaceable parts - if you have a scrap board

Kyhi, Jun 2, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Do you think it would be possible to get a replacement board from Asus??

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Motherboard component blown up - ASUS Q550LF - Similar Threads - Motherboard component blown

2. Motherboard components not compatible with windows server 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard components not compatible with windows server 2022: Hi friends,.I just bought a motherboard PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 and installed windows server 2022, the idea is to have a small office server less than 25 employees but the problem is that windows is not recognizing like 8 hardware devices, among them we found Ethernet, network,...
  3. Motherboard components not compatible with windows server 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard components not compatible with windows server 2022: Hi friends,.I just bought a motherboard PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 and installed windows server 2022, the idea is to have a small office server less than 25 employees but the problem is that windows is not recognizing like 8 hardware devices, among them we found Ethernet, network,...
  4. Asus motherboard Update Bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus motherboard Update Bios: Hi.Recently I wanted to update my Asus b250m-c motherboard bios and I figured my bios is "Aptio setup utility". It looks pretty old and doesn't have tools for updating bios EZflash and it seems like even some older motherboards have modern bios more graphical bios . So is...
  5. Asus motherboard Update Bios

Asus motherboard Update Bios: Hi.Recently I wanted to update my Asus b250m-c motherboard bios and I figured my bios is "Aptio setup utility". It looks pretty old and doesn't have tools for updating bios EZflash and it seems like even some older motherboards have modern bios more graphical bios . So is...
  6. Asus motherboard Update Bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Asus motherboard and folder

Asus motherboard and folder: I have a n Asus board on a PC made for me. I was looking at some folders and found an Asus folder under program files that is almost 500 MB. Before I ramble, I would not mind deleting it if it is manuals etc. Could you help me with this please? 159644
  8. Webcam not working on ASUS Q550LF with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam not working on ASUS Q550LF with Windows 10: My internal webcam/camera does not seem to be noticed on Windows 10 it's also often missing from the Device Manager. I have checked to see that I have the latest drivers installed, I have updated Windows 10 to the most recent version Build 18363, and have verified that I have...
  9. ASUS Motherboard specific

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS Motherboard specific: Hi, This forum is my go-to for many things, but this time my question is ASUS motherboard specific. Can anyone guide me to a solid forum where I might be able to ask about my ASUS board? I have 2 questions 1. In UEFI, select XMP 1 or XMP 2 if I'm using ASUS' AI Overclocking...
  10. ASUS Motherboard compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Motherboard compatibility: My Asus MB (M4A89GTD PRO/USB3) is about 5 years old. I have successfully upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. However, running on Win 10 my PC frequently locks up and has to be re-booted. As a result I down-graded to Win 7 and now all is ok. ASUS does not include this board in...