Windows 10: Motherboard CPU socket...

Discus and support Motherboard CPU socket... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to update my CPU - I purchased the Intel Core i5 9400 LGA1151... it does not fit in the socket of my motherboard. How can I find out the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lauracrenshaw, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Motherboard CPU socket...

I'm trying to update my CPU - I purchased the Intel Core i5 9400 LGA1151... it does not fit in the socket of my motherboard. How can I find out the socket size if I do not have the original motherboard manual or anything?

:)

lauracrenshaw, Oct 5, 2020

2. AMD sockets?

AM3 in a AM2 / AM2+ motherboard will give a lower hypertransport speed, i suggest you look up ur mobo's CPU support list.

de.das.dude, Oct 5, 2020
  3. geofurb Win User
    How to upgrade motherboard and CPU without reinstalling Windows 10?

I would like to upgrade the motherboard and CPU of my computer, which runs Windows 10. However, I would prefer to avoid reinstalling the operating system. The OS is installed to an M.2 NVMe drive on an AM3+ socket motherboard, and I will be upgrading to
    an AM4 socket motherboard.

• Is there any procedure I have to perform to prepare the computer for the new motherboard? Should I uninstall any drivers or motherboard-specific software in advance?
    • How do I ensure that my license key is accepted by the new board? I made a digital purchase of Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store for this computer, and want to make sure the license transfers to the new board when I upgrade.
    • Are there any caveats to the process, things I should watch out for, or possible performance issues that may be caused by old configuration files or leftover drivers?

All help is greatly appreciated.

geofurb, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Motherboard CPU socket...

Suggestions for an AM3+ socket motherboard?

Okay, so I was looking to upgrade my motherboard. I need one with an AM3+ processor socket (I recently got a new processor for Christmas, and AMD FX 8320E) and that will support all my other components. Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD FX 8320E (AM3+ socket, as stated before)
    Graphics Card: Radeon R7 360 v2 Sapphire Nitro 2GB
    RAM: 8 GB RAM, DDR3-1006

Any suggestions? If you need anymore info, let me know.

TheMuffinMan, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Motherboard CPU socket...

1. Motherboard CPU socket... - Similar Threads - Motherboard CPU socket

2. Is my motherboard or CPU malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my motherboard or CPU malfunctioning: My Windows 10 computer had worked fine for over a year. Then one day I came home to my computer in BIOS. If I completely turn off the computer and turn it back on, I get the diagnosing PC message then it tells me that Start Repair could not fix the computer. If I reboot...
  3. CPU Ripped out of socket

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Ripped out of socket: I was replacing thermal paste on my cpu. But when I took the coole off the cpu was stuck to it. And when I put the cpu back in the socket the computer starts but eith black screen. I have looked for bent pins and there isn't any....
  4. CPU Ripped out of socket

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Ripped out of socket: I was replacing thermal paste on my cpu. But when I took the coole off the cpu was stuck to it. And when I put the cpu back in the socket the computer starts but eith black screen. I have looked for bent pins and there isn't any....
  5. upgrading motherboard and cpu

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading motherboard and cpu: Hi, I have a question regarding upgrading my motherboard and cpu. I currently have an off the shelf gaming PC purchased a few years ago. I am looking to replace my asrock B-360M andi5-9400F with newly purchased Asus Prime Z390-A and I9 9900k. My question is in regard to the...
  6. Cpu and motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu and motherboard upgrade: Hi im going to upgrade my system can i format the ssd in my pc without doing a fresh install just deleting the data and put my new cpu and motherboard ? submitted by /u/f9mh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k68v9e/cpu_and_motherboard_upgrade/
  7. CPU and motherboard change?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    CPU and motherboard change?: Hello i have a question if i want to change from a r5 1600 and b350m per vdh to a b450 Tomahawk max and a r7 3700x i can simply exchange this or do i have to reinstall Windows 10? CPU und Mainboard wechsel?
  8. CPU Heating Or Problem With Motherboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    CPU Heating Or Problem With Motherboard?: Hello people. I have some issue that need help,guide nor advice from you guys regarding the cpu.My system is Win 10 Pro comes with 8gb ram,i5 4th gen (4210h),Nvidia GTX950m.The issue is when i run bluestack the cpu temp goes around 70c - 87c (max) and the cpu constant loads...
  9. Is this a phone socket or ethernet socket ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is this a phone socket or ethernet socket ?: Hi. My brother in law has asked me if I can install broadband in his shed, he has shown me photos of the wired sockets he has but he is unsure what they are and I can't tell for sure from that pic. Could you tell me if that socket in the photo is for a ethernet plug or a...
  10. New motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    New motherboard and CPU: Ok I think I am having to give up on what on earth is wrong with my Ivy Bridge build (2012) and replace the board (and CPU) with either of these Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming3 ATX 1151 Motherboard GA-Z170X-Gaming3 | shopping express online (impressive price) or Gigabyte...