Windows 10: Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?

Discus and support Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was wondering - in case I need to do a clean install - whether to use motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or just use the ones that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Damun, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Damun Win User

Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?

I was wondering - in case I need to do a clean install - whether to use motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or just use the ones that comes with windows 10.

Last time i built a PC was in the early days of Win 7 and i used motherboard drivers provided by the motherboard manufacturer, installed in a specific order. From threads here in the forum it would seem that this is no longer necessary.

My current PC is a customizable "ready-to-use" PC, assembled by a shop and it came with Win 10 pre-installed.
    I am trying to find out which drivers were used by the shop, by looking in device manager, to find out the version and manufacturer of the various drivers. I am doing this just so i have an idea what drivers i would have to use myself - in case i need to do a clean install.

Most drivers are MS-drivers - these are the built-in windows drivers.

Some drivers are produced by Intel Corp. (eg IDE/ATAPI controllers and storage controllers) - are those drivers that are produced by the motherboard manufacturer (in my case: Asus)?

Since most of the drivers on the manufacturers support page are new-ish (2019), would it be advisable to use those instead of "generic" MS-drivers?

:)

Damun, Apr 20, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Fox34 Win User

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use? - Similar Threads - Motherboard drivers ones

2. which driver is this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    which driver is this?: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_371717AA&REV_05\3&11583659&2&20.Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP [ Guid] {9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539} EventID 219 Version 0 Level 3 Task 212 Opcode 0 Keywords...
  3. which driver is this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which driver is this?: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_371717AA&REV_05\3&11583659&2&20.Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP [ Guid] {9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539} EventID 219 Version 0 Level 3 Task 212 Opcode 0 Keywords...
  4. which driver is this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a specific folder to know which fonts I manually installed and which one is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a specific folder to know which fonts I manually installed and which one is...: I was deleting some files in my disk to free up some storage but I accidentally didn't notice that I deleted the fonts that I downloaded on the Internet but the font is still installed, I just accidentally deleted like the .zip files of that fontIs there a way to see which...
  6. Is there a specific folder to know which fonts I manually installed and which one is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a specific folder to know which fonts I manually installed and which one is...: I was deleting some files in my disk to free up some storage but I accidentally didn't notice that I deleted the fonts that I downloaded on the Internet but the font is still installed, I just accidentally deleted like the .zip files of that fontIs there a way to see which...
  7. Which one is better?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which one is better?: I have a laptop of windows 10 10240 and I tried to update it to latest version from windows 10 upgrade assistant. After downloading 99% it is restarting from 1%. I tried it 2 times but it was same. So I decided to update it from setting Will it update successfully or not?...
  8. Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Motherboard drivers. Which ones are installed and which to use?: I was wondering - in case I need to do a clean install - whether to use motherboard drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or just use the ones that comes with windows 10. Last time i built a PC was in the early days of Win 7 and i used motherboard drivers provided by the...
  9. Which drivers do I install?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which drivers do I install?: Hi! I'm just very confused about which drivers I need to install - the ones from my motherboard's manufacturer's website, or the ones from Intel? For example, I have the GA-H81M-DS2V motherboard and the Intel Management Engine driver on Gigabyte's website is 11.0.0.1158....
  10. 20574 DLLs, which ones are used?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    20574 DLLs, which ones are used?: Anyone know how to check if a DLL has its APP installed or if it's just left over after the APP was removed to help me clean up the HDD. They range in size from 0 bytes to 73 MB. Ron Windows 10 P.S. Please don't tell me I have to check each one manually!*cry 92287