Windows 10: Motherboard on a Windows 7 PC failed. Replaced MOBO and CPU, and am installing Windows 10....

Discus and support Motherboard on a Windows 7 PC failed. Replaced MOBO and CPU, and am installing Windows 10.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am wondering if it's possible to use the Upgrade option for installing Windows 10 on the hard drive with Windows 7 if my MOBO and CPU are new. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eques9090, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Eques9090 Win User

Motherboard on a Windows 7 PC failed. Replaced MOBO and CPU, and am installing Windows 10....

I am wondering if it's possible to use the Upgrade option for installing Windows 10 on the hard drive with Windows 7 if my MOBO and CPU are new. I had planned to do a fresh install, but it would be nice to keep the files from my Windows 7 installation if I can.

Thanks.

:)

Eques9090, Apr 5, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 5, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 5, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Motherboard on a Windows 7 PC failed. Replaced MOBO and CPU, and am installing Windows 10....

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Motherboard on a Windows 7 PC failed. Replaced MOBO and CPU, and am installing Windows 10.... - Similar Threads - Motherboard failed Replaced

2. Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard: I recently needed to replace my failing CPU, and in doing so upgraded, therefore I put in an upgraded motherboard as well. This caused an activation issue with Windows, where it now thinks the key isn't valid because it is used on another device. Additionally, when I try to...
  3. No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.

No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.: Split from this thread.This PC is running an activated Windows 10. I have replaced the motherboard & CPU NOT the hard disk with the activated software and system now tells me it needs activating - and no error code is produced by the system. The inability to communicate...
  4. Is it possible to replace the motherboard and CPU without the need to re-install Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to replace the motherboard and CPU without the need to re-install Windows 10?: Good day. I have purchased a new motherboard and CPU and would like to use the same SSD without having to re-install Windows. My PC is running on a licensed installation of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 19041 which is linked to my Microsoft account. Any help greatly...
  5. Windows 10 installing new motherboard/cpu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installing new motherboard/cpu: Can I use the same windows install on my hard drive with a new mother board and cpu? The license key wont be an issue. Do I need a fresh windows install? Thanks!...
  6. Replacing motherboard with same motherboard as sound failed.

Replacing motherboard with same motherboard as sound failed.: Hello, I'm just wondering if I will have to get a new Windows Product Key after replacing my current motherboard with the same Model. Rather not pay for Windows again as the only reason I need to replace the motherboard is because I've lost sound. I have the exact model of...
  7. Reactvation after MOBO and CPU replacement.

Reactvation after MOBO and CPU replacement.: A few days ago I attempted to perform the cu update from 1903 xxxxx.418 to 1909 using the files and procedure from uudump. Downloading and creating the ISO all went well. Mounted the ISO on my SSD and initiated the upgrade. It was proceeding as it should. At some point my pc...
  8. Replacing motherboard and CPU with Windows 10

Replacing motherboard and CPU with Windows 10: There appear to be many dozens of articles and posts on the subject of replacing hardware in systems running Windows 10, but none of them (none of the dozens I have read at least) appear to offer a definitive answer or clear direction. At best the responses I have found...
  9. Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10

Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10: I hope someone can provide me with the some guidance. The scenario is this: I'm updating the mobo, cpu and ram in my PC to AMD Ryzen 2700X and a Gigabyte x470. All the other components including the hard drive will be the same. I'll be reformatting the hard drive and...
  10. Windows 10 deactivated after mobo replace.

Windows 10 deactivated after mobo replace.: Hi I have a problem. I upgraded my Windows 8.1 (key from Dreamspark) to Windows 10 in april. After RTM release, everything was OK, but I replaced my old motherboard (because it was just cheap shit and it just broke) to Sabretooth 990FX 2.0. My Windows is now deactivated. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pc motherboard failure