Windows 10: Motherboard or RAM

Discus and support Motherboard or RAM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So here I am working on a large Photoshop image (160 x 250cm @200ppi) when I notice a bit of a slow down. I check my system and notice I only have 24gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by farrellart, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Motherboard or RAM

So here I am working on a large Photoshop image (160 x 250cm @200ppi) when I notice a bit of a slow down. I check my system and notice I only have 24gb RAM ( should be 32gb using 8 sticks ). I check all the ram in different sockets and run Memtest, all seem fine. Time to troubleshoot.

I am using an Asus p9x79 motherboard and have read this board is known to have issues by dropping out 8gb of Ram when 32gb has been installed, I have no idea how long this has been going on.

From a cold boot, the systems fluctuates between 24gb to 32gb. If I go into the bios ( up to date to the latest version ) while it sees 24gb and enable XMP, reboot, enter bios again and disable XMP, reboot I can get the system back to 32gb and all is good for the days session. Clearly something is not right. Any ideas what is going on?

Any advice is welcome.

Keep safe

:)

farrellart, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 26, 2020
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Motherboard or RAM :D

DrunkenMafia, Oct 26, 2020
  4. fred ez Win User

Motherboard or RAM

ram for motherboard

hello I was looking for a mother board for cheap for a ryzen 5 1600
    BIOSTAR B350GT3 AM4 AMD B350 SATA 6Gbs Motherboards - AMD - Newegg.com
    i am looking for ram for cheap as i can get . i guess i want 2x4 dual channel 2666 and another set later on.
    im not sure how to find the right ram on support list . can anyone tell me what i should get for this motherboard it has four slots.

fred ez, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Motherboard or RAM

1. Motherboard or RAM - Similar Threads - Motherboard RAM

2. BlueScreen on multiple occasions after installing a new motherboard, proccessor and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BlueScreen on multiple occasions after installing a new motherboard, proccessor and RAM: Hi, i've been experiencing multiple bluescreens after upgrading my machine I've experienced kmode exception not handledpage fault in non paged areamultiple system shutdowns, <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  3. BlueScreen on multiple occasions after installing a new motherboard, proccessor and RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BlueScreen on multiple occasions after installing a new motherboard, proccessor and RAM: Hi, i've been experiencing multiple bluescreens after upgrading my machine I've experienced kmode exception not handledpage fault in non paged areamultiple system shutdowns, <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  4. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...: I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install windows 11 on the pc I'm upgrading from 10 without using the original hardrive and without purchasing a new license?I'm theoretically using the same system to upgrade to 11. i don't want...
  5. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...: I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install windows 11 on the pc I'm upgrading from 10 without using the original hardrive and without purchasing a new license?I'm theoretically using the same system to upgrade to 11. i don't want...
  6. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

7. Is Microsoft pay for my damage ram or motherboard? Because of new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft pay for my damage ram or motherboard? Because of new update: I update my pc 6th of March 2024 and Microsoft new update damage my ram and bios chipset I spend 2000 Rs on my motherboard because of Microsoft new window update. I am asking is Microsoft pay for my ram and motherboard I can't trust Microsoft anymore...
  8. Is Microsoft pay for my damage ram or motherboard? Because of new update

Is Microsoft pay for my damage ram or motherboard? Because of new update: I update my pc 6th of March 2024 and Microsoft new update damage my ram and bios chipset I spend 2000 Rs on my motherboard because of Microsoft new window update. I am asking is Microsoft pay for my ram and motherboard I can't trust Microsoft anymore...
  9. Is Microsoft pay for my damage ram or motherboard? Because of new update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...