Windows 10: Motherboard or RAM

Discus and support Motherboard or RAM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So here I am working on a large Photoshop image (160 x 250cm @200ppi) when I notice a bit of a slow down. I check my system and notice I only have 24gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by farrellart, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Motherboard or RAM

So here I am working on a large Photoshop image (160 x 250cm @200ppi) when I notice a bit of a slow down. I check my system and notice I only have 24gb RAM ( should be 32gb using 8 sticks ). I check all the ram in different sockets and run Memtest, all seem fine. Time to troubleshoot.

I am using an Asus p9x79 motherboard and have read this board is known to have issues by dropping out 8gb of Ram when 32gb has been installed, I have no idea how long this has been going on.

From a cold boot, the systems fluctuates between 24gb to 32gb. If I go into the bios ( up to date to the latest version ) while it sees 24gb and enable XMP, reboot, enter bios again and disable XMP, reboot I can get the system back to 32gb and all is good for the days session. Clearly something is not right. Any ideas what is going on?

Any advice is welcome.

Keep safe

:)

farrellart, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 26, 2020
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Motherboard or RAM :D

DrunkenMafia, Oct 26, 2020
  4. fred ez Win User

Motherboard or RAM

ram for motherboard

hello I was looking for a mother board for cheap for a ryzen 5 1600
    BIOSTAR B350GT3 AM4 AMD B350 SATA 6Gbs Motherboards - AMD - Newegg.com
    i am looking for ram for cheap as i can get . i guess i want 2x4 dual channel 2666 and another set later on.
    im not sure how to find the right ram on support list . can anyone tell me what i should get for this motherboard it has four slots.

fred ez, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Motherboard or RAM

1. Motherboard or RAM - Similar Threads - Motherboard RAM

2. ASUS motherboard RAM timings problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS motherboard RAM timings problem: Ok, just updated the BIOS on my ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE motherboard, from 1302 to 2301. Obviously, the computer is working, but I had previously set the RAM timings to manufacturer's specs, but can't seem to do that... this time. Motherboard support page: Pro WS X570-ACE FAQ |...
  3. Booting new hardware(Motherboard,Ram,Processor) with HDD from old PC with Windows 10?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Booting new hardware(Motherboard,Ram,Processor) with HDD from old PC with Windows 10?: I plan to build a new PC with new hardware. Can I boot the new system with the HDD from my old PC with Windows 10 on it and important data that I don't want to delete? I know that I will buy a new Windows key...and can I do that, then also with the different drivers etc. or...
  4. Windows 10 not seeing my activation ID after upgrading my motherboard, ram, and cpu. HELP!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not seeing my activation ID after upgrading my motherboard, ram, and cpu. HELP!: When I finished the upgrades windows was no longer activated, I go to the Microsoft forums and find that I need to find the license and reactivate windows again. When I put in the ID is says the ID is invalid even though it worked before the hardware change. I tried...
  5. BSOD even after replacing CPU,motherboard and RAM need help

BSOD even after replacing CPU,motherboard and RAM need help: Hi All, Lately I have been getting a bluescreen errors on my PC - Unexpected kernel mode trap. It mostly happens while launching games / gaming. (FFXIV, League of legends, overwatch, etc) I've tried different games and still get the same issue. My precious PC specs are...
  6. How can i change my motherboard cpu and add ram without windows not recognizing the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i change my motherboard cpu and add ram without windows not recognizing the...: I'm going to be upgrading the motherboard cpu and adding ram to my computer and I know windows is going to recognize that the hardware has changed and refuse to boot. Is there any way to prepare the os drive or something to allow it to boot on different hardware?...
  7. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware motherboard, cpu ram

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware motherboard, cpu ram: Hello, I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows on this...
  8. No RAM specifications nor motherboard information. How to upgrade?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No RAM specifications nor motherboard information. How to upgrade?: Hi community, I have a custom built Desktop with Windows 10 - 64-bit system. I did not build the Desktop myself and I have no information anymore about the builder. I am trying to upgrade the RAM, but cannot find any information on the speed or type neither motherboard...
  9. Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded Motherboard, CPU, and RAM and now my windows de-activated itself: Today i upgraded my motherboard to an ASROCK B450 Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, and Vengence LPX 2x8 GIG RAM, and after updating the BIOS my windows de-activated. Ive tried every troubleshooting method it had availible to me and just said to try again later. I am getting the error...
  10. I swapped my motherboard along with CPU and RAM and I'm having troubles getting windows to work

I swapped my motherboard along with CPU and RAM and I'm having troubles getting windows to work: Hi. Today I swapped my motherboard, CPU and RAM in my rig since it was getting really old and slow. (Really just wanted to swap CPU, but realized I more or less had to swap all other components as well). All the hardware is working properly and it displays in my bios. So I...