Windows 10: Motherboard product key does not match the one in settings?

Discus and support Motherboard product key does not match the one in settings? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been using a Cube Mix Plus tablet that I bought new about a year ago, somehow I've failed to spot until now that the copy of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Junkman, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Junkman Win User

Motherboard product key does not match the one in settings?

Hi all, I've been using a Cube Mix Plus tablet that I bought new about a year ago, somehow I've failed to spot until now that the copy of Windows 10 installed on it is not activated.
    Troubleshoot tells me its "found a Windows 10 Home Digital Licence for this device running Windows 10 Pro". I've no idea if it's always been like that, I certainly haven't upgraded to Pro myself.
    Anyway I thought as step one I'd try to find the whole product key that's installed on it, which I did via the command prompt. But the last 5 characters don't match the last 5 that are displayed in Settings>Update & Security>Activation.
    Any idea why that would be? I'm not hugely conversant with this stuff so apologies if I'm being a dumbass.
    FWIW there's an error code too, 0x8007232B. Any assistance much appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Junkman, Aug 15, 2018
  2. 5t4rk Win User

Clean install Windows 10: The product key entered does not match any of the windows images available for installation. Enter a different product key

Thank you for the response.

My Windows 10 is activated.

The problem is when I tried to clean install, I got error message "The product key entered does not match any of the windows images available for installation. Enter a different product key".

I have followed the third link you gave me above which is the most similar to my issue.

There, Vinod Archak suggests:

• Make sure your PC is activated by going to the Settings >> Update & Security >> Activation.

If the activation has not completed, you can click the Activate Now button to complete the activation process.
    • Create your installation media for the appropriate edition of Windows 10 by clicking here.
    • Skip entering the product key during Windows 10 Setup. Windows 10 will activate online automatically on such devices. The skip option is only available when booting from media and launching Windows 10 setup.
    I have did the suggestions #1 and #2. But before "entering product key" page appear, I was got the error message.

Motherboard product key does not match the one in settings? fe063034-959c-4e61-bc57-f5049a599890.jpg

Motherboard product key does not match the one in settings? 47a38d89-3920-4cdc-aa76-26d87d814da7.png

5t4rk, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Motherboard product key does not match the one in settings?

i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Motherboard product key does not match the one in settings?

1. Motherboard product key does not match the one in settings? - Similar Threads - Motherboard product key

2. 2 windows keys stored in one motherboard?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2 windows keys stored in one motherboard?: Hello, I recently upgraded my motherboard on my pc. I built another pc with the old motherboard. Did not realize that the windows 10 activation keys are stored in the motherboard so I bought a new key to put in the other pc that I built. Now my pc with the new motherboard has...
  3. 2 windows keys stored in one motherboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 windows keys stored in one motherboard?: Hello, I recently upgraded my motherboard on my pc. I built another pc with the old motherboard. Did not realize that the windows 10 activation keys are stored in the motherboard so I bought a new key to put in the other pc that I built. Now my pc with the new motherboard has...
  4. 2 windows keys stored in one motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Product key does not work

Product key does not work: I just purchased the Windows 10 online and my new product key does not work. I tried restarting my laptop and entering the product key multiple times.The message I received was: The product key you entered didn’t work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different...
  6. Setting up a new pc with windows and only one product key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting up a new pc with windows and only one product key: So im building a new pc and will of course need to do a fresh install for windows. What's the bets way for me to install windows on to my new pc and activate it with my one product key thats on my current pc now. I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 back when it was free...
  7. Product Key doesn't match what software says?

Product Key doesn't match what software says?: Hey there, So I ordered a windows 10 pro key off of eBay (i know it's not genuine) And it said it was windows 10 enterprise? I know that's for like big company but what does it mean for me, are they logging everything I'm doing? submitted by /u/UpsetSwitch [link]...
  8. Lost product key and new motherboard

Lost product key and new motherboard: My last motherboard died on me and I got a new motherboard I plan to install with my old SSD on it with windows. I intend to install a fresh copy but don't have my product key. How would I go about obtaining that key before I attempt to install anything? Thanks for any help....
  9. Transferring windows product key from old motherboard to new one

Transferring windows product key from old motherboard to new one: I changed my hardware very recently (motherboard, cpu, gpu, ram), and now i noticed my windows isn't activated. I tried the troubleshooter, but to no avail. When I try to reactivate my windows 10 by selecting my current device, i get a message "Unable to activate windows. We...
  10. How to obtain product key in motherboard BIOS?

How to obtain product key in motherboard BIOS?: I'm convinced my brother to finally upgrade his PC. I have assembled his new PC & waiting for him to arrive at my home with his old PC later today so we can remove hardware & install these in his new PC. All it took was PSU issues with the old PC he purchased from...