Windows 10: Motherboard replacement and windows 10 re-activation

Discus and support Motherboard replacement and windows 10 re-activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My motherboard died and i had to get a new one, but I didn't know windows 10 wouldn't stay activated. I've had windows 10 since the first week it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Vitev009, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Vitev009 Win User

Motherboard replacement and windows 10 re-activation

My motherboard died and i had to get a new one, but I didn't know windows 10 wouldn't stay activated. I've had windows 10 since the first week it was given out as a free upgrade. I cannot find any of my old product keys, and I never had a physical one for my copy of windows 10. Is there any way to get a new one without paying. I already had to pay so much just to get my computer working again.

:)

Vitev009, Dec 1, 2018

2. Password incorrect after replacing motherboard.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

There is some confusion about hardware changes on a Computer that will impact their free upgrade activation status. To clarify, the ONLY hardware changes that can negatively impact a customer’s activation status once they have upgrade are changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    If you replaces the Motherboard they may have to re activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

You can try to perform a clean install.

I would suggest you to create a ISO file from the below Microsoft Help Article and try to reinstall Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Windows 10 is not activated after replacing motherboard ..

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the following steps.

1. Right Click on Start icon, then click
    Run (Administrator)
    , then type: slui.exe 4

2. Next press the 'ENTER' key

3. Select your 'Country' from the list.

4. Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5. Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6. Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Motherboard replacement and windows 10 re-activation

Windows activation error

Hi Brandon,

Before replacing the Mother Board if Windows 10 was activated, then you can refer the steps/link below for activating Windows 10.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Motherboard replacement and windows 10 re-activation

1. Motherboard replacement and windows 10 re-activation - Similar Threads - Motherboard replacement activation

2. Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard replacement.: My ASUS ROG GU502G laptop recently had its motherboard replaced. Upon wiping it and setting it up for another user, I am unable to re-activate Windows 10 due to the old product key being used on the motherboard that was replaced. Is there any way to re-activate windows...
  3. replace motherboard and re-install W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    replace motherboard and re-install W10: Hi All, Excuse the repetition of questions. I seem to go word blind looking at the permutations to same questions. Very basically I am replacing my Motherboard for the same as the one that decided it didn't want to play anymore and just transferring the CPU to that new...
  4. Windows 10 activation after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 activation after motherboard replacement.: i recently had a motherboard failure and had to move my hdd to another pc to get back up and running. I am now seeing an error saying to activate my copy of windows. This was a free upgrade from 7 to 10 on the Microsoft website so I don't have an activation code to put in....
  5. New motherboard - windows 10 re-activation

New motherboard - windows 10 re-activation: Hi, just recently needed to replace my motherboard and now Windows thinks it's a new computer. I had Windows 10 pre-installed, so it is a digital license. When I try to troubleshoot and pick the option that I recently changed hardware, I always get the option Unable to...
  6. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard Replacement

Activate Windows 10 after motherboard Replacement: My old PC failed so I put my hard drive into another PC. Upon booting I get a message to "Activate Windows". My original installation was done online so I don't have Product Key so how do I resolve this without having to buy a new copy?...
  7. Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate

Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate: Hi, I had to replace mother board and now my Windows 10 Pro will not Activate! It shows up in my Microsoft Account online but will not Activate Ran this an this is the screen shot: [ATTACH] This was an upgrade to my copy of Windows 7 Pro, why wont it Activate now?...
  8. Replaced Motherboard and cannot activate windows

Replaced Motherboard and cannot activate windows: How do you thieving extortionist justify wanting a poor person to pay $120 for windows 10 when all I did was have the unmitigated audacity to replace a dead out of warranty $180 HP motherboard with a better and cheaper $80 MSI motherboard? My windows is still the OEM genuine...
  9. Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 not activating after motherboard replacement.: Hello. My old motherboard failed on me and after replacing it windows 10 will not activate. I have a digital windows 10 license for this machine. Is there anything I can do? Error code 0x803F7001...
  10. Re-activating Windows 10 Pro after a motherboard replacement

Re-activating Windows 10 Pro after a motherboard replacement: I think I'm royally screwed here, but want to confirm with you guys who are far move savvy than I am. I had an Asus Eee (mini) with Win7 that I upgraded (and I use the term loosely) to Win10 a couple of years ago when it was free. Shortly thereafter I purchased the MS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 replace motherboard activation

2. windows 10 activation motherboard replacement