Windows 10: Motherboard Upgrade

Discus and support Motherboard Upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to upgrade my motherboard from Gigabyte A320M-H to MSI X470 Gaming Pro. Do I need to reinstall Windows? or could i just uninstall old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VireussXD, Sep 23, 2022.

1. VireussXD Win User

Motherboard Upgrade

I want to upgrade my motherboard from Gigabyte A320M-H to MSI X470 Gaming Pro. Do I need to reinstall Windows? or could i just uninstall old motherboard drivers or will i run into issues in the future?

:)

VireussXD, Sep 23, 2022

2. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Redirecting

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Sep 23, 2022
  4. mshimala Win User

Motherboard Upgrade

Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows."

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when they were allowing Windows 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't remember receiving an activation key during this upgrade.

I've read online that installing a new motherboard can occasionally cause issues with OS activation. How can I reactivate my Windows without having to purchase Windows 10.

Some things to note:
    • This watermark was not there prior to installing the new motherboard
    • As some places (and a Microsoft Tech Support member) suggested, typing the query "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" into CMD just returns with "OA3xOriginalProductKey". The Microsoft Support member seemed confused by this and said there was nothing further she could do.

Thanks!

mshimala, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Motherboard Upgrade

1. Motherboard Upgrade - Similar Threads - Motherboard Upgrade

2. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...
  3. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...
  4. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  6. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  7. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

8. Tmp upgrade on motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tmp upgrade on motherboard: Hi, I have a pc with a Asus ws x299 pro motherboard Intel LGA 2066 ATX . I would like to upgrade to windows 11 but it has no tmp. On the diagram of the board it shows a tmp header but it is then followed by tmp1 in brackets. Does this mean just 1 tmp header or that it is not...
  9. Tmp upgrade on motherboard

Tmp upgrade on motherboard: Hi, I have a pc with a Asus ws x299 pro motherboard Intel LGA 2066 ATX . I would like to upgrade to windows 11 but it has no tmp. On the diagram of the board it shows a tmp header but it is then followed by tmp1 in brackets. Does this mean just 1 tmp header or that it is not...
  10. Tmp upgrade on motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade