Windows 10: Motherboard USB disconnecting randomly. LiveKernelEvent 1001

Discus and support Motherboard USB disconnecting randomly. LiveKernelEvent 1001 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. So ive had this new pc for 2,5 Months now and everything has been working great till 5 days ago. I had two bluescreens which i deemed to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SvenWollinger, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Motherboard USB disconnecting randomly. LiveKernelEvent 1001

Hello.

So ive had this new pc for 2,5 Months now and everything has been working great till 5 days ago.

I had two bluescreens which i deemed to be caused by Drivers, so i updated my USB Bluetooth dongle Driver.

Thats when i noticed that Windows was unable to update, which is why i manually updated from the microsoft website. I am now on the latest version of Windows 10 64 bit Pro. 10.0.19042 Build 19042

After this update, for a couple of days now, every few hours my motherboard usb disconnects and connects instantly again, causing my Windows Mixed Reality headset to boot up and cause lags. Ive ran a usb logger which captures this everytime this happens:
    Motherboard USB disconnecting randomly. LiveKernelEvent 1001 c99340cd-c3b3-4212-b01a-ef0a43c04ccd?upload=true.png

From this i figured its not just this one port/device.

Upon looking deeper into it ive noticed errors happening while this issue comes up.

First, in event log there are 2 "Information" based errors.

Im really new here, so im not aware if i can link files. I have put them on my webserver for download, they are event viewer files:

https://svenwollinger.net/dl/eventlog.evtx If this is not ok please tell me so, i hope its fine, i dont know how else to easily share them

I have already looked through these two events myself, however i couldnt find any of the mentioned dump files except one error log.

Looking through that it mentions several other dump files, which i also was not able to find.

This log is here:

https://svenwollinger.net/dl/Report.wer.txt

I hope this is all the information you might need to help me.

I severly hope this is not an hardware issue, but something caused by the windows update i have performed right before it first came up.

I still have the option to "undo" the update, however i like beeing on the latest version.

A small list of what ive tried so far:

-Changed power plan in Device Manager/Power plans

-Uninstalled all usb related drivers

-GPU Driver is up to date from nvidia

My pc:

MB: MSI Tomahawk b450

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x
    GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 2080 super
    32 gb ddr4 ram

If anyone here knows how to fix this id be eternally thankfull, thank you for reading!

:)

SvenWollinger, Oct 28, 2020

2. USB 3.0 randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, not power config

So I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10, and an external USB 3 HDD. If I plug in the HDD, a process will begin. First the drive will appear with the drive letter only, and be unreadable, but in an unusual way. Any software that attempts to interact with it will hang until it either crashes or the drive is disconnected. During this stage the drive may disconnect and reconnect multiple times. If left in for long enough, the drive will finally show up with it's name, and be readable. However it still disconnects and reconnects.

Steps I have tried:

• Disabling the power saving features for all USB devices in Device Manager
    • Reinstalling all USB drivers
    • Testing hard disk on my desktop computer (where it works fine).
    • Powering down the drive for an extended time before trying again

Adrian Smith, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Windows randomly disconnects WiFi

Hello,

After installing 1903 update, my wifi randomly disconnects. I've to disconnect and reconnect wifi to make it work again.

Can anyone suggest some tips to solve this issue?

SourabhMhaisekar, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Motherboard USB disconnecting randomly. LiveKernelEvent 1001

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Motherboard USB disconnecting randomly. LiveKernelEvent 1001

1. Motherboard USB disconnecting randomly. LiveKernelEvent 1001 - Similar Threads - Motherboard USB disconnecting

2. All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144: Hi,All my usb devices randomly connect and disconnect. The rgb lights on my pc also flicker when this happens.I Have checked my reliablity monitor and found this issue happening dozens of times per day.I dont have any new hardware, and my temps are fine. I have also updated...
  3. All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144: Hi,All my usb devices randomly connect and disconnect. The rgb lights on my pc also flicker when this happens.I Have checked my reliablity monitor and found this issue happening dozens of times per day.I dont have any new hardware, and my temps are fine. I have also updated...
  4. All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. LiveKernelEvent 1001

LiveKernelEvent 1001: Hello, lately i have some problems with my pc.Pakiet błędów , typ 0Nazwa zdarzenia: LiveKernelEventOdpowiedź: NiedostępnyIdentyfikator pliku CAB: 0Podpis problemu:P1: 1a1P2: ffff900c34061040P3: 0P4: 0P5: 0P6: 10_0_19045P7: 0_0P8: 768_1P9: P10: Dołączone...
  6. LiveKernelEvent 1001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LiveKernelEvent 1001: Hello, lately i have some problems with my pc.Pakiet błędów , typ 0Nazwa zdarzenia: LiveKernelEventOdpowiedź: NiedostępnyIdentyfikator pliku CAB: 0Podpis problemu:P1: 1a1P2: ffff900c34061040P3: 0P4: 0P5: 0P6: 10_0_19045P7: 0_0P8: 768_1P9: P10: Dołączone...
  7. LiveKernelEvent 1001

8. Usb devices randomly disconnect

Usb devices randomly disconnect: I am having an issue with my USB devices randomly disconnecting. I think it's because of my headphones but I'm not sure. Whenever I disconnect my headphones, the problem is gone. Usually what happens is my headphones randomly disconnect and I have to move the cord around the...
  9. LiveKernelEvent P1: 144 / P2: 1001

LiveKernelEvent P1: 144 / P2: 1001: Hi,I am getting frequent disconnects of all USB devices. In this case I am getting this windows error:--Fehlerbucket , Typ 0 Ereignisname: LiveKernelEvent Antwort: Nicht verfügbar CAB-Datei-ID: 0 Problemsignatur: P1: 144 P2: 1001 P3: fffff607ef915730 P4: 0 P5: 0 P6:...
  10. Random USB Disconnect Notices

Random USB Disconnect Notices: A couple days ago my laptop began to give about 15-20 disconnect notices at a time when a USB was disconnected. This happened with multiple devices. But more annoyingly, it is also giving the same spam of disconnect notifications at random intervals when no device has been...