Windows 10: motherboard USB ports not working

Discus and support motherboard USB ports not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i build a new PC but my all the 4 "usb 3.2gen1" port on the motherboard doesn't work at all. all other ports work fine, like"usb 3.2gen2" and USB on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Evan_Cyc, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Evan_Cyc Win User

motherboard USB ports not working

i build a new PC but my all the 4 "usb 3.2gen1" port on the motherboard doesn't work at all. all other ports work fine, like"usb 3.2gen2" and USB on case,they all work fine,except 3.2 gen1.i tried resetting and updating my bios and the USB is working after that,but when i restated the computer it died again.on Universal Serial Bus Controller has an unknown device with error code 43, when I reset the bios it disappeared and turned into a universal hub, when I restarted the computer and the unknown device reappeared, the universal hub disappeared and USB ports died again.I also tried reinstallin

:)

Evan_Cyc, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Mike100 Win User

USB port stopped working

I had a USB2 port on the front panel that was working for a year but then one day it was not. I uninstalled / installed the device via Control Panel for both of the USB Composite Device listings but it made no difference. I thought it may be a bad connection but everything looked OK. Both ports had power according to a USB digital voltmeter. On the motherboard I moved the cable going to the front panel from one of the USB 2.0 Headers to the other Header & everything worked. At least for a couple months. Now the same port on the front panel does not work again. So I uninstalled / installed both USB Composite Device listings but it made no difference. Under Properties it says they are working properly. In Control Panel I did not touch the USB controllers for either USB 3.0 listing or for the USB Printing Support. The port was working a few days ago but now it is not. The only thing that really happened lately was a Windows 10 Security Update that was installed on 10-27-2022. Could that have changed something? Anything is possible but it seems strange that the same front panel port stopped working no matter which mobo header is used. Could one of my USB thumb drives be going bad & when plugged in is shorting out something on the motherboard? Any ideas & suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mike100, Dec 1, 2023
  3. foxslink Win User
    USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z170XP-SLI-rev-10#ov

foxslink, Dec 1, 2023
  4. motherboard USB ports not working

non working USB ports

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to connect a device?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Azaruddin Syed and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot USB ports.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

motherboard USB ports not working

1. motherboard USB ports not working - Similar Threads - motherboard USB ports

2. motherboard USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    motherboard USB ports not working: i build a new PC but my all the 4 "usb 3.2gen1" port on the motherboard doesn't work at all. all other ports work fine, like"usb 3.2gen2" and USB on case,they all work fine,except 3.2 gen1.i tried resetting and updating my bios and the USB is working after that,but when i...
  3. motherboard USB ports not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    motherboard USB ports not working: i build a new PC but my all the 4 "usb 3.2gen1" port on the motherboard doesn't work at all. all other ports work fine, like"usb 3.2gen2" and USB on case,they all work fine,except 3.2 gen1.i tried resetting and updating my bios and the USB is working after that,but when i...
  4. USB 2.0 ports / Motherboard Headers dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 2.0 ports / Motherboard Headers dont work: I hope someone can help please! A while ago my PC had all the fans on turbo once I switched it on. After that it went dead. IT people fixed it somehow. All the parts in my machine is the same but....USB 2.0 ports / Motherboard Headers dont work. I get this code : Windows has...
  5. USB 2.0 ports / Motherboard Headers dont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB 2.0 ports / Motherboard Headers dont work: I hope someone can help please! A while ago my PC had all the fans on turbo once I switched it on. After that it went dead. IT people fixed it somehow. All the parts in my machine is the same but....USB 2.0 ports / Motherboard Headers dont work. I get this code : Windows has...
  6. USB 2.0 ports / Motherboard Headers dont work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB 2.0 ports in a motherboard not working but gives power

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB 2.0 ports in a motherboard not working but gives power: My USB devices are not detected by the system but it delivers power to devices. USB 3.0 devices working fine but I'm out of 3.0 ports now. In the device manager, I can see an unknown device (AMD USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller) Device USB\AMDROOT_HUB31\5&b0b22c&0&0 was...
  8. SSD not working on AMD based motherboard USB 3 ports

SSD not working on AMD based motherboard USB 3 ports: Is anyone aware of USB driver issues on AMD based motherboards? I've been a die hard Intel loyalist but finally built an AMD based system for a friend. I have a problem with a USB SSD drive not working on any of the USB 3 ports on the system. Symptoms:When I plug the SSD...
  9. How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard

How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard: Hi again guys, so I have a controller dock for my Valve Index and i have bought those magnetic usb charging wires so that the controllers charge when they are in the controller dock. The thing is, after they are charged I don't want them to keep drawing power because that...
  10. How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable specific USB ports on the motherboard: Hi again guys, so I have a controller dock for my Valve Index and i have bought those magnetic usb charging wires so that the controllers charge when they are in the controller dock. The thing is, after they are charged I don't want them to keep drawing power because that...