Windows 10: Motorola modem keeps enabling guest network

Discus and support Motorola modem keeps enabling guest network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a motorola surfboard modem as well as a Netgear gaming router. Guest network keeps enabling itself on the Motorola and I can't figure it out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gettheclicker, May 16, 2020.

1. Motorola modem keeps enabling guest network

I have a motorola surfboard modem as well as a Netgear gaming router.

Guest network keeps enabling itself on the Motorola and I can't figure it out.
    No one in the home has access to it but me. The modem is password protected. I live in the country so even my closest neighbors couldn't reach my wifi signal.

:)

gettheclicker, May 16, 2020

2. Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router

Good evening.

This may be a simple problem, but I'm not good at troubleshooting by text Motorola modem keeps enabling guest network :)

My friend was looking for a net modem so I suggested she get the Motorola MG7310 modem/router combo.

She originally had a Time Warner modem. She is currently on the 30Mb plan. She lives in a split level town house apartment.

After she set up the modem downstairs, everything worked fine, but upstairs, the speed test on her son's laptop is only getting 1.5Mbps download while she's getting anywhere between 26 and sometimes 40Mbps downstairs. When she had the Time Warner modem, he was getting normal speeds.

So what do I do next? I would say it was a proximity thing, but he was getting much better speeds on his TW router. What would be the next step?

Thanks for your help

Outsider418, May 16, 2020
  3. Guest

Hi Voytek,

To remove the guest account from your start screen, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Right-click Start menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enable guest account first by typing net user guest /active:yes, then press
      Enter.
    • Disable guest account by typing net user guest /active:no, then press
      Enter.
    • Perform a
      clean boot in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 16, 2020
  4. Motorola modem keeps enabling guest network

Guest account disappeared...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Motorola modem keeps enabling guest network

1. Motorola modem keeps enabling guest network - Similar Threads - Motorola modem keeps

2. "unidentified network" on win7 guest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "unidentified network" on win7 guest: I have a Windows 7 guest OS running under a Windows 7 SP1 x64 host. The VirtualBox network settings are "attached to: Internal Network on three machines of Virtual box .running VirtualBox Version 6.1.22 on host.i am trying to create network of three machines on virtualbox....
  3. "unidentified network" on win7 guest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "unidentified network" on win7 guest: I have a Windows 7 guest OS running under a Windows 7 SP1 x64 host. The VirtualBox network settings are "attached to: Internal Network on three machines of Virtual box .running VirtualBox Version 6.1.22 on host.i am trying to create network of three machines on virtualbox....
  4. Xfinity modem keeps disconnecting and restarting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xfinity modem keeps disconnecting and restarting: Hi, Good Evening for some reason my dad's internet has been disconnecting on my HP envy X360 and a Dell desktop PC it's been doing this for the past weeks, and its already driving me up to the wall making me more infuriated with this issue I haven't been able to update my...
  5. Unidentified network after replacing modem

Unidentified network after replacing modem: The rig im still running is custom built, about 10 years ago. I can give you the specs if relevant. It was originally installed with Windows Vista 64bit, later I replaced that with Windows 7 64bit, then upgraded to Windows 10. I have a cable internet connection through...
  6. Is Enabling Insecure Guest Logons Okay?

Is Enabling Insecure Guest Logons Okay?: Hello, I now have access to my NAS Drive and thats because I went to the local group policy editor and set it to enabled but I'm not sure if I should use it, I'm using it because I keep getting the error Windows Cannot access \\SERVER NAME And then the error code...
  7. Modem lights keep blinking but no internet

Modem lights keep blinking but no internet: I am using TP-Link W8968 model since last year. Since last 3-4 days, the internet works fine without any problem but suddenly after few min or hours, internet light and LAN light continuously blinking even I don't surf anything. To find out what is happening in the...
  8. Wifi Sense - Enterprise Networks - Aruba Guest Networks.

Wifi Sense - Enterprise Networks - Aruba Guest Networks.: Is there anyone here that has some solid info/experience using Wifi Sense. \ Me and some fellow network engineers are trying to figure out how big of a security risk this is or is not in an Enterprise environment. We have 40,000 employees, we provide an Aruba wireless...
  9. Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router

Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router: Good evening. This may be a simple problem, but I'm not good at troubleshooting by text *Smile My friend was looking for a net modem so I suggested she get the Motorola MG7310 modem/router combo. She originally had a Time Warner modem. She is currently on the 30Mb...
  10. Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem: How to: Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for Modem How to Enable or Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet for a Modem [img] Information During periods of low data activity, Energy Efficient Ethernet (802.3az EEE) allows for less power consumption by 50% or more...