Windows 10: mount an ISO at boot?

Discus and support mount an ISO at boot? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Since we can boot to Command Prompt in Windows 10 is it possible to mount an ISO directly from that? Assume I didn't burn the ISO or load it to USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Irwin Mainway, Apr 2, 2016.

1. mount an ISO at boot?

Since we can boot to Command Prompt in Windows 10 is it possible to mount an ISO directly from that? Assume I didn't burn the ISO or load it to USB first.
    In my case System File Checker is asking for a drive letter to use as a reference file system.

:)

Irwin Mainway, Apr 2, 2016
  2. colinobj Win User

Mount ISO image that persists or mount at start-up

I think you may be misinterpreting my query - please read again.

I mounted the ISO file using file explorer - it allocated the drive letter E:. I then changed it to U: using diskmgmt. The reason is that I have a family history program that needs a CD to be available when I use it, and Ive told it that the CD is in drive
    U:

This works fine until I re-boot, so I then have to repeat the process.

So, I need a way of either making the mount and drive letter persist after a restart (like network drives) or to mount and assign a drive letter at start-up.

colinobj, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Mount ISO image that persists or mount at start-up

This was easy peasy to do in windows 7 I mistakenly done it and seen the use for it I will look into it for ya. mount an ISO at boot? :p

Eric in IT, Apr 2, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

mount an ISO at boot?

Did you see this list of pages?
    mount .iso from command prompt at DuckDuckGo
    I haven't tried doing it yet but looks like it may be possible.

Berton, Apr 2, 2016
Thema:

mount an ISO at boot?

1. mount an ISO at boot? - Similar Threads - mount ISO boot

2. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  3. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  4. Windows can't mount ISO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows can't mount ISO: When I try to mount .iso file with Windows Explorer, a blue loading circle appears for 2-3 minutes and I get this error: Sorry, there was a problem mounting the file. My ISO is not broken, I m sure because I can extract it with Winrar and I can mount it in another PC. I tried...
  5. Error while mounting ISO

Error while mounting ISO: I've tried a variety of methods to mount various ISO's (which are fine, I can open them in 7ZIP) and no dice. The powershell method gives me an error message... mount-diskimage -imagepath "X:\new build\DAW\NI Installers\cuba.iso" mount-diskimage : The semaphore timeout...
  6. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  7. ISO Files Won't Mount

ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  8. Windows 10 Mount Iso

Windows 10 Mount Iso: I cannot mount ISO files in Windows 10 anymore. I used to right click on it and click Mount. I've read online that the fix for this is to right click on the file, click Open With and select Windows Explorer. However, that is not an option. The only option I have is Windows...
  9. Mount DVD ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount DVD ISO: Hey guys, I have a copy of Battle for Middle Earth and I want to be able to play it without the disc since I have no optical drive. Currently I use an external optical drive every time I want to play but it's becoming quite a hassle. I've searched for a long time trying to...
  10. Mounting ISO file

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...