Windows 10: ?Mount ext drive without unpluging/pluging?

Discus and support ?Mount ext drive without unpluging/pluging? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 v1803. I have a new external USB 3 hard drive. It is USB powered and has no power switch. I do not want the drive available except when doing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by larrymcg, Jan 11, 2019.

1. larrymcg Win User

?Mount ext drive without unpluging/pluging?

Win 10 v1803. I have a new external USB 3 hard drive. It is USB powered and has no power switch. I do not want the drive available except when doing a backup so I use the Safely Remove Device facility. However, I can find no way to mount the disk again other than unplugging and plugging in the USB connection.

Is there some other way to get the drive mounted again?

-- Larry

:)

larrymcg, Jan 11, 2019

2. Drive not mounted

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that WD passport and
    Seagate Free Agent Goflex Desk drive not mounted in the event window. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you.

Please provide us the following information, to assist you further.

• As you are able to find the drivers in device manager, are you able to find the drivers in Disk management also?
    Please refer the suggestions given by
    Imran Chand in the below link and check if that helps.

External HDD will not mount on one machine

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jan 11, 2019
  3. musaka Win User
    Continue to show headsets pluged in even when they are unpluged

my nokia x202 continue to show headsets pluged in even when they are unpluged from the device.

Moderator's notes: The post was edited. A more appropriate subject is provided.

musaka, Jan 11, 2019
  4. John32667 Win User

Drive not mounted

Hi ,

my WD passport (500gb) and my Seagate FreeAgent Goflex Desk (2TB) do no longer mount on my Surface Pro 3 with window 10. I can see both in device manager, am mentioned the driver are up to date but in th event window I get the message drive not mounted.
    They do not appear on the computer.

any suggestions? thanks

John32667, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. ?Mount ext drive without unpluging/pluging? - Similar Threads - Mount ext drive

2. Cut and paste or copy and paste without pasting files already in the ext drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cut and paste or copy and paste without pasting files already in the ext drive?: How do I copy and paste files from pc to ext drive without pasting duplicates of files already in the ext drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste-or-copy-and-paste-without-pasting/4459548e-cf1d-4e3c-8014-049906bd1320
  3. Cut and paste or copy and paste without pasting files already in the ext drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cut and paste or copy and paste without pasting files already in the ext drive?: How do I copy and paste files from pc to ext drive without pasting duplicates of files already in the ext drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste-or-copy-and-paste-without-pasting/4459548e-cf1d-4e3c-8014-049906bd1320
  4. Cannot reconnect buethooth devices after unpluging and pluging back bluethooth dongle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot reconnect buethooth devices after unpluging and pluging back bluethooth dongle: Hi,I have a usb bluethooth dongle that I use to connect my headphones and speaker. It properly works and both devices are paired properly. The problem is when I unplug the dongle and plug it back, the devices doesn't pair again. I have to the bluethooth settings in windows,...
  5. Keeping windows on the screen I want when pluging/unpluging monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeping windows on the screen I want when pluging/unpluging monitors: Hi, I've 2 computers, a classic desktop (personal) and a laptop (for work). I've 2 monitors, one for my desktop, and one the I share between my desktop and my laptop with a KVM switch (depending on which PC I need to control). When I remove a monitor (leaving either the...
  6. 3.5 EXT DRIVE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3.5 EXT DRIVE PROBLEM: I HAVE A 2TB DRIVE IN AN EXTERNAL CADDY,,WHEN I COPY FILES TO IT IT'S RECOCOGNISED BY WIN 10,AND PLAYABLEMOVIES''WHEN I UNPLUG IT AND PUT THE DRIVE THROUGH MY SUMVISION MICRO 2 MULTI MEDIA PLAYER CONNECTED TO TV IT DOES NOT SHOW FILES,,I HAVE 4 OTHER EXTERNAL DRIVES..ONE OF...
  7. Seagate Ext Drive

Seagate Ext Drive: Just got one...I can't format it? No Einstein here, but I figure out everything......this is cra cra AF....or I may have puffed the magic dragon too much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seagate-ext-drive/b63aa0cf-519d-489c-9261-4fded7fd3819
  8. Ext. USB HD no longer mounts

Ext. USB HD no longer mounts: It is a 2 TB Western Digital Elements USB hard drive. It used to be divided into two partitions which worked perfectly. I than wanted to re-combine the two partitions into one. I went into DiscManagement and deleted each partition. I expected to mount it again as a single 2...
  9. Ext USB HD's will not mount

Ext USB HD's will not mount: Have 2 Seagate SRD00F2 3TB USB ext hard drives in a mirror configuration using MS Storage Spaces. Were working when I shut down yesterday, but would not work this morning. Drives do not show up in Device Manager. However, when starting the drives after boot, two entries show...
  10. Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted

Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted: [img] You can see from the image above that random drives get drive letters assigned to them for no reason. In addition to that, I can't even remove the drive letters, unless I use diskpart, but then that doesn't stick between reboots. Any ideas? 41103