Windows 10: ?Mount ext drive without unpluging/pluging?

Discus and support ?Mount ext drive without unpluging/pluging? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 v1803. I have a new external USB 3 hard drive. It is USB powered and has no power switch. I do not want the drive available except when doing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by larrymcg, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:37 PM.

1. larrymcg Win User

?Mount ext drive without unpluging/pluging?

Win 10 v1803. I have a new external USB 3 hard drive. It is USB powered and has no power switch. I do not want the drive available except when doing a backup so I use the Safely Remove Device facility. However, I can find no way to mount the disk again other than unplugging and plugging in the USB connection.

Is there some other way to get the drive mounted again?

-- Larry

:)

2. Drive not mounted

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that WD passport and
    Seagate Free Agent Goflex Desk drive not mounted in the event window. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you.

Please provide us the following information, to assist you further.

• As you are able to find the drivers in device manager, are you able to find the drivers in Disk management also?
    Please refer the suggestions given by
    Imran Chand in the below link and check if that helps.

External HDD will not mount on one machine

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:41 PM
  3. musaka Win User
    Continue to show headsets pluged in even when they are unpluged

my nokia x202 continue to show headsets pluged in even when they are unpluged from the device.

Moderator's notes: The post was edited. A more appropriate subject is provided.

4. John32667 Win User

Drive not mounted

Hi ,

my WD passport (500gb) and my Seagate FreeAgent Goflex Desk (2TB) do no longer mount on my Surface Pro 3 with window 10. I can see both in device manager, am mentioned the driver are up to date but in th event window I get the message drive not mounted.
    They do not appear on the computer.

any suggestions? thanks

Thema:

1. ?Mount ext drive without unpluging/pluging? - Similar Threads - Mount ext drive

2. Unable to write to newly mounted drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to write to newly mounted drive: I have just added a second drive (1TB SSD) to my PC running Windows 10 Pro. The new drive is formatted as a single NTFS filesystem and mounted at C:\Games. I am now trying to move the former contents of G:\Games (currently renamed Games.temp) to it, but I am unable to do...
  3. Mounting all drives when booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mounting all drives when booting: Hi, my problem is, that Windows mounts every drive when booting and each drive is taking maybe 2 seconds and i have 4 hdds other than system drive and one blu-ray drive. Some of them are drives, that shouldn't be visible by windows 10. For example two are linux, one is win7....
  4. App To Find Empty Folders on Ext. 2TB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App To Find Empty Folders on Ext. 2TB Drive: A Google search seemed to come up with quite a few scripts as well as CMD instructions but if I can I would like to avoid that procedure since no telling what kind of damage I could cause : ) I followed one instruction that had me just use the Search function in explorer and...
  5. Mounting a Folder as shared network drive

Mounting a Folder as shared network drive: Hi there not sure if it's me or has W10 changed the way you mount network drives I used to be able to add say HDD2/Music as a "Network drive" on say Z. Now it seems I can only mount HDD2 as a network drive. (I.e top level directory rather than one of the subfolders - in...
  6. Ext USB HD's will not mount

Ext USB HD's will not mount: Have 2 Seagate SRD00F2 3TB USB ext hard drives in a mirror configuration using MS Storage Spaces. Were working when I shut down yesterday, but would not work this morning. Drives do not show up in Device Manager. However, when starting the drives after boot, two entries show...
  7. Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted

Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted: [img] You can see from the image above that random drives get drive letters assigned to them for no reason. In addition to that, I can't even remove the drive letters, unless I use diskpart, but then that doesn't stick between reboots. Any ideas? 41103
  8. Cannot mount network drives - drive letters not available

Cannot mount network drives - drive letters not available: Hi I have a strange problem. I have some harddrives on a "server" computer in my homenetwork running win 7. From my "client" running windows 10 I am mounting these drives using psexec \\server -u username -p password -d net share F=F:\ /GRANT:user,Full...
  9. Explorer can't load folders/drives with mounted network drives.

Explorer can't load folders/drives with mounted network drives.: [img] As you see in the screenshot Explorer just sits there trying to load the folder I've requested. This happens, seemingly, randomly, at least I haven't been able to find a pattern. If I unmount all network drives the problem disappears. Sometimes it loads within a...
  10. Dual Boot Last Drive Mounted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Last Drive Mounted: Since I can not run Feedback Hub, I do not know why, I need to write it here hoping that some could help or it is Windows Bug. Before Fall Update, I had very satisfying Dual Boot situation like this: Disk 1 - Win 10 x32 Disk 2 - Win 10 x64 (have to have both of them)...