Windows 10: Mount image with dism

Discus and support Mount image with dism in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JosephRandazzo, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Mount image with dism

Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For more information, refer to the help. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

:)

JosephRandazzo, Dec 21, 2021

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Dec 21, 2021
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Mounting image usin dism

Hi,

It is possible that you're mount an image because of some changes made on your computer.

For us to narrow it down and provide you the proper resolution, may we know if you have installed any software applications or changed any hardware devices to your device prior to the concern?

When did you start encountering the issue?

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 21, 2021
  4. RejZoR Win User

Mount image with dism

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Dec 21, 2021
Thema:

Mount image with dism

1. Mount image with dism - Similar Threads - Mount image dism

2. How to mount wim file with DISM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mount wim file with DISM?: I am trying to mount a wim file to customize the windows 11 installation. I downloaded the Windows 11 Media creation tool and created a usb key with it. I noticed the usb key had 2 swm files. I don't know if you can mount 2 swm files. I would prefer to mount 2 swm files...
  3. How to mount wim file with DISM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to mount wim file with DISM?: I am trying to mount a wim file to customize the windows 11 installation. I downloaded the Windows 11 Media creation tool and created a usb key with it. I noticed the usb key had 2 swm files. I don't know if you can mount 2 swm files. I would prefer to mount 2 swm files...
  4. Dism / Imaging question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dism / Imaging question: Hello,Personally been a fun year so far, heart surgery, but on the job side I'm FINALLY somewhere where I'm loved and I love the people I'm with, plus I'm learning a crapton of stuff!Ok, a lot of that has delved into dism / imaging and powershell scripting. It really has been...
  5. Dism / Imaging question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism / Imaging question: Hello,Personally been a fun year so far, heart surgery, but on the job side I'm FINALLY somewhere where I'm loved and I love the people I'm with, plus I'm learning a crapton of stuff!Ok, a lot of that has delved into dism / imaging and powershell scripting. It really has been...
  6. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  7. Mount image with dism

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount image with dism: Keep getting this errorC:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /mount-image "/imagefile:C:\iso_files\sources\install.wim /index:6 /MountDir:C:\test\offline Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Error: 87 The command-line is missing the /mountdir option. For...
  8. mounting multiple disc images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mounting multiple disc images: I have over 100 dvd disc images I want to mount- I can do that natively in windows 10 pro, by assigning a drive letter to each one. Is there a more elegant way to do this? I want to preserve the original files, so combining them into some sort of mega image is out of the...
  9. Dism error when trying to Mount a Win 10 image

in Windows 10 Support
    Dism error when trying to Mount a Win 10 image: I am trying to mount a wim, which I have done many times, using this command in powershell dism.exe /Mount-wim /WimFile:c:\temp\win10.wim /index:1 /MountDir:c:\mount I get a return from Powershell that references the log with this one error. Oddly the log references an...
  10. Mount Image Files

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Mount Image Files: Am I mistaken, or didn't Windows 10 come with an built in application for mounting image files? I have a .bin file that I am not able to mount automatically. Thanks 23752