Windows 10: mount nfs share with nfs client

Discus and support mount nfs share with nfs client in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, my nfs share was exported by my centos os. and I refer the doc to mount the nfs share by nfs client on my windows 10 pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Heming A Tang, Jun 13, 2019 at 4:37 AM.

1. mount nfs share with nfs client

Hello,

my nfs share was exported by my centos os.

and I refer the doc to mount the nfs share by nfs client on my windows 10 pro.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sfu/2009/03/27/can-i-set-up-user-name-mapping-in-windows-vista/

On windows 10 version 1709

mount nfs share successfully and permission acccess are all right

On windows 10 version 1809

mount nfs share successfully, but permission access is not correctly set.

after some investigation, I find with win 10 version 1809, despite what I set AnonymousUid and AnonymousGid in the regedit under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClientForNFS\CurrentVersion\Default

mount always set the uid=-2 and gid=-2

but on windows 10 version1709, the uid and gid can correctly set according to the value of AnonymousUid and AnonymousGid in the regedit.

Do you know why? is there any solution? Thank you very much!

:)

Heming A Tang, Jun 13, 2019 at 4:37 AM
  2. yuispg Win User

Where is client for NFS in Windows features setting?

I refer this web page for mounting Ubuntu 16.04 OS on my Windows 10 HOME.

So... I look for "client for NFS" in accordance with the page. But I cannot found it as below image.

I'm sorry for not English but you know there is no the word "NFS".

How do I enable "client for NFS"? Or is it impossible?

mount nfs share with nfs client dfdb9979-067e-4d95-b75c-2bce5878775c?upload=true.png

3. CharlieB. Win User
    Windows 10 Native NFS client - does any print support exist to any supported NFS servers?

Hi all,

I was wondering if the Windows Native NFS client supports connecting to print shares....(assuming print sharing is supported by any NFS Servers out there, such as the Windows Server 2012 or 2016 NFS server).

I have used the Linux SAMBA client to print to SMB Servers, so wondering if this same capability exists in the Windows Native NFS client.

Thank you for any information!

~Charlie

4. vigilian Win User

mount nfs share with nfs client

native nfs client since anniversary update

So is it an error in your code microsoft to let windows 10 pro activate the instalaltion of nfs client ?

or you have done some bad programming? becauseI can't mount anything with you client:

that's in event monitor:

" La licence d’utilisation de Client pour NFS ne s’applique pas cette version de Windows."

that's CLI: Erreur : version de Windows non prise en charge

and explorer doesn't seem to give me access to my shares.

so what's the problem here?

Thema:

mount nfs share with nfs client

1. mount nfs share with nfs client - Similar Threads - mount nfs share

2. game not working properly as it stops taking input from keyboard. GAME:-NFS rivals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game not working properly as it stops taking input from keyboard. GAME:-NFS rivals: Hi, Recently I installed nfs rivals on my computer and it has bugs in it. The game stops taking input from the keyboard after few minutes of playing game. I have checked my drivers are up to date. Please help anyone if u can....
  3. NFS Most Wanted 2012 runs slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NFS Most Wanted 2012 runs slow: Hi! Am having problems running NFS Most Wanted 2012 on my windows 10. Below are the specs of my PC; Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 32 bit (10.0 , Build 16299) Processor: Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs) -2.0GHz Memory: 4GB Ram DirectX Version:...
  4. Problems with NFS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with NFS: Hi everybody Some months ago I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro because I needed the NFS functionality (for a Vagrant based project, which uses VirtualBox and Windows' NFS for the shared folders). I followed the instructions (enabling Service for NFS from Control Panel ->...
  5. Mounting a Folder as shared network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mounting a Folder as shared network drive: Hi there not sure if it's me or has W10 changed the way you mount network drives I used to be able to add say HDD2/Music as a "Network drive" on say Z. Now it seems I can only mount HDD2 as a network drive. (I.e top level directory rather than one of the subfolders - in...
  6. NFS: Payback Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NFS: Payback Error: can anyone pls tell me why am i getting this error everytime i play this game pls solve this issue i installed direct x reinstalled graphics driver even fresh installed windows 106275
  7. NFS fans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NFS fans: played almost every version. i still find most wanted the most amusing in the entire series. 101057
  8. NFS PU Won't install but I can still play it, what?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NFS PU Won't install but I can still play it, what?: No mater what I did I could not install Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed on Win10. Tried everything, copied CD to C-Drive, tried every comparability setting available, shut off Norton Security and no joy. Even though the game is 15 years old I still get a kick out of playing...
  9. BSOD playing NFS Rivals on Dell XPS 15 L502X

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing NFS Rivals on Dell XPS 15 L502X: Just when I thought I figured out the driver problem on my laptop, now I am facing a problem with overheating and/or stability issues. After less than 5 minutes of playing, the screen turned blue and error code showed with a QR code which just lead to a page on Microsoft...
  10. How to install NFS client in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install NFS client in Windows 10 Pro?: OK, please could someone put me out of my misery - how do I get the NFS client on Windows 10? Thanks Dave 42917