Windows 10: Mounting all drives when booting

Discus and support Mounting all drives when booting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my problem is, that Windows mounts every drive when booting and each drive is taking maybe 2 seconds and i have 4 hdds other than system drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steam Punk, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Mounting all drives when booting

Hi, my problem is, that Windows mounts every drive when booting and each drive is taking maybe 2 seconds and i have 4 hdds other than system drive and one blu-ray drive. Some of them are drives, that shouldn't be visible by windows 10. For example two are linux, one is win7.

How do i make it load the drives after booting or even not load?
    thanks for any help

:)

Steam Punk, Nov 29, 2018

2. Mounting Raid 0 drives at boot up

Installed windows 10 (actually upgraded from windows 7). Very first boot and all subsequent reboots, the system does not mount a Marvel Raid 0 drive. Drive is installed in the PC (not usb external). Reads other external and internal drives, including the
    boot drive. BUT when I go to the Device Manager and right click on Disk Drives and choose SCAN FOR CHANGES, it finds the drive and everything is back to normal. Also I can see the Marvel Raid mounting during the bios check during boot….as well as the other
    drives.

Any idea on how to make this mount at boot?

SirArmstrong, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Delay mounting network drive at boot?

I am starting a new thread as suggested as the other threads on this subject are so old! however as Microsoft does not appear to read any of these forums and more pointedly does nothing to solve the problem I will ask again.

I have three NAS boxes holding somewhere about 30TB spread over 12 drives and sometimes they are logged on at boot and sometimes not. Surely it can't be too difficult to delay the network acquisition until later in the boot sequence. In the meantime does
    anyone know which application is responsible for network acquisition so I can look into this myself!

Moved from Community Participation Center

Other thread:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/delay-mounting-network-drive-at-boot/e25538d4-6f85-442c-ac43-3f8ba2e9bf75?page=4#LastReply

Iains account, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Mounting all drives when booting

Drive not mounted

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that WD passport and
    Seagate Free Agent Goflex Desk drive not mounted in the event window. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you.

Please provide us the following information, to assist you further.

• As you are able to find the drivers in device manager, are you able to find the drivers in Disk management also?
    Please refer the suggestions given by
    Imran Chand in the below link and check if that helps.

External HDD will not mount on one machine

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Mounting all drives when booting

1. Mounting all drives when booting - Similar Threads - Mounting drives booting

2. USB external drives not mounting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB external drives not mounting: In the last couple of weeks my USB external drives have stopped mounting when I plug them in. The notification sound when a USB device is plugged in sounds, the activity lights on the drives power on and I can hear them spin up as normal, but the drives themselves do not...
  3. USB external drives not mounting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB external drives not mounting: In the last couple of weeks my USB external drives have stopped mounting when I plug them in. The notification sound when a USB device is plugged in sounds, the activity lights on the drives power on and I can hear them spin up as normal, but the drives themselves do not...
  4. USB Flash Drives not mounting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash Drives not mounting.: USB Flash Drives are being assigned drive letters but not mounting and can't be seen in Windows File Explorer. Here is log for the drive.Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/ConfigurationSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 8/10/2021 11:33:56 AM Event ID: 442 Task...
  5. Mount Drive only when needed ?

Mount Drive only when needed ?: Is there a way to only have an external drive mounted when needed but leave plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mount-drive-only-when-needed/698203a2-3efa-48cd-9c79-2aef273d9567
  6. How to delay mounting network drives

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delay mounting network drives: Hi there! i'm running windows 10 PRO ver 1909, and i bought a synology NAS. Since the first day, after mapping the network drives, i noticed everytime i reboot my laptop, windows tries to mount the drives first (or so it seems), as the wifi takes a sec longer to connect, it...
  7. Can not mount old Gateway Boot / File Drive in New HP

Can not mount old Gateway Boot / File Drive in New HP: My old Gateway failed. Today I purchased a new HP Pavilion 570-p023w. It sees my two USB 1 T drives straight away. I put the old Gateway boot/ file drive a 500 gig Seagate Barracuda Sata in a Rrosewill RX308. external USB enclosure. The HP does not recognize it. What do...
  8. mount an ISO at boot?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    mount an ISO at boot?: Since we can boot to Command Prompt in Windows 10 is it possible to mount an ISO directly from that? Assume I didn't burn the ISO or load it to USB first. In my case System File Checker is asking for a drive letter to use as a reference file system. 46093
  9. Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted

Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted: [img] You can see from the image above that random drives get drive letters assigned to them for no reason. In addition to that, I can't even remove the drive letters, unless I use diskpart, but then that doesn't stick between reboots. Any ideas? 41103
  10. Dual Boot Last Drive Mounted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Last Drive Mounted: Since I can not run Feedback Hub, I do not know why, I need to write it here hoping that some could help or it is Windows Bug. Before Fall Update, I had very satisfying Dual Boot situation like this: Disk 1 - Win 10 x32 Disk 2 - Win 10 x64 (have to have both of them)...