Windows 10: Mounting ISO file

Discus and support Mounting ISO file in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by hellfirewanna, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Mounting ISO file

I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either at the top of the explorer window or when i bring up the quick menu but have had no luck. Do i need to enable the feature or something? I have not been able to find any options for it within windows or on the internet, all the tutorials assume i just have the option.

:)

hellfirewanna, Aug 22, 2015

2. Windows 10: Winmm.dll Issues

No need to extract ISO file. Right click the downloaded ISO file and select Mount. Then under This PC, you'll the ISO mounted to DVD drive. Run the setup.exe file from there.

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 22, 2015
  3. hitmanbg Win User
    Problem with NTFS

What ISO?

Just a random image file with media and stuff that I've created myself.

Where are you trying to mount it?

I am trying to mount the iso with the build in function (right mouse click -> Mount).

I think the problem is the size. Tried with 2-5 gb iso files and they work fine.

PS: I think i found a workaround. I've extracted the contents of the iso file with archive program and everything works fine. Still the problem with mounting exists.

hitmanbg, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Mounting ISO file

If you right click on the iSO file you should be able to open it, if not then the file maybe corrupt.

5. I can't believe that all 14 of my ISO file were corrupted by upgrading and they still work when i transfer them to my old computer.

hellfirewanna, Aug 22, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    I was just posting what I read in a tutorial here. You may have other problems. Have you tried Virtual CD5470? I have found that if I move an ISO off of say an external drive to my Win 10 Hard Drive that it becomes not usable.

7. Berton Win User
    One thing I've noticed with file names is the use of 2 or more periods/dots in the name can sometimes cause issues, renaming to leave only the dot before the extension seemed to work better. When replacing other/extra dots in the file name I use the underscore or hyphen, e.g. Myfiles_1.txt or Myfiles-1.txt. And when moving/copying from one computer to another I usually have to Unblock it, especially when working with downloaded videos that are associated with a program other than WMP/Windows Media Player such as VLC even though they came from the same site but are different formats such as .mp4 or .flv.

Berton, Aug 22, 2015
  8. MrBison Win User

Mounting ISO file

choose windows explorer
    Mounting ISO file [​IMG]

MrBison, Aug 22, 2015
  9. AWESOME! IT WORKED! I cant believe that i didnt try that!

hellfirewanna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mounting ISO file

1. Mounting ISO file - Similar Threads - Mounting ISO file

2. Can't mount ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't mount ISO file: After upgrading from Window 10 64 to Windows 11 I can't mount ISO files. I have mount options in Explorer and after choosing it Windows Explorer stops responding. That is the situation with all ISO files, even with those ones, downloaded with Windows 10 on the same notebook...
  3. Can't mount ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't mount ISO file: After upgrading from Window 10 64 to Windows 11 I can't mount ISO files. I have mount options in Explorer and after choosing it Windows Explorer stops responding. That is the situation with all ISO files, even with those ones, downloaded with Windows 10 on the same notebook...
  4. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  5. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem mounting the iso file: I am having two virtual machines, server 1 and server-db.I have copied an sql iso file from server1 to server db. But when i try to install sql on db server, it is giving me an error “sorry, there was a problem mounting the file”.I have copied the iso file through UNC...
  6. Problem mounting the iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  8. ISO Files Won't Mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISO Files Won't Mount: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...
  9. .ISO file is not mounting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    .ISO file is not mounting in windows 10: I downloaded a game file which happened to be .ISO file and i could not mount it and because of that i can't install it in my computer. i thought it was a corrupted file i downloaded but i tried mounting another game which i had installed already but could not mount it either...
  10. Howto mount an ISO file automatically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Howto mount an ISO file automatically?: Magic ISO was removed when I updated to Windows 10 (though I had to clean up afterwards). One thing I found very useful with MagicISO was the ability to have several ISO files that were always mounted, but it appears that I can't RMB on an ISO file and tell Windows 10 to...