Windows 10: Mouse 3 and 4 since December 15 Update

Discus and support Mouse 3 and 4 since December 15 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everybody, Since KB4592449 installed, my mouse has ceased to function properly. It's just a generic based on an Anker model vertical mouse, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BenMelville1, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Mouse 3 and 4 since December 15 Update

Hi everybody,

Since KB4592449 installed, my mouse has ceased to function properly. It's just a generic based on an Anker model vertical mouse, but since the update button 3 typically "back", Mouse 3 has been reassigned to "ALT + UNK92 + NUMPAD 4", and button 4 typically "forward", Mouse 4 has been reassigned to "CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + RIGHT CTRL", which appears to have the effect of increasing volume.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse, tried different USB ports, nothing makes a difference.

:)

BenMelville1, Dec 28, 2020

2. Cumulative December update

I tried to download and install the December Cumulative Update from the website you had listed and did not have any luck. I received error messages stating that it would not install and it still has not come through windows update. Do you have any other
    suggestions?

TanyaPeterson412, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse 3 and 4 since December 15 Update

No keyboard, no mouse 3 days after updating to Win10

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer this question to assist you better.

• Are you able to boot to desktop?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you able to use the external keyboard and mouse?

If yes follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix to enhance the performance of the system.
    I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooter and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on Advanced
      option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooter to complete.
    • Check for the errors displayed , close the troubleshooter window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, update the device driver from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Window logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager
      from the context menu.
    • Expand Keyboard option to update keyboard drivers and
      Mice and other pointing devices
      for mouse drivers.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update this software option from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, check if the changes are effective.

Method 3: If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible Keyboard and mouse device drivers for Windows 10 operating system form the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue
    is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Mouse 3 and 4 since December 15 Update

1. Mouse 3 and 4 since December 15 Update - Similar Threads - Mouse since December

2. Windows not stable since December '23

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not stable since December '23: Hi, this is my first time trying this, since I've ran out of ideas in the last 14 days, trying to get my PC working normally.Since the middle of December, I have experienced random freezing of my PC, even in idle or seconds after login. If I was playing a game, sound would...
  3. Hotmail email account locked since 3/4/2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail email account locked since 3/4/2023: Hello,My Hotmail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** has been locked since 3/4/23. I tried talking to Microsoft support but they told me that the unlocking is being handled by another team and they had no way to contact them. I also asked typically how it...
  4. Hotmail email account locked since 3/4/2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotmail email account locked since 3/4/2023: Hello,My Hotmail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** has been locked since 3/4/23. I tried talking to Microsoft support but they told me that the unlocking is being handled by another team and they had no way to contact them. I also asked typically how it...
  5. Lower performance since 3-4 weeks.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lower performance since 3-4 weeks.: Hello I have a dual boot system on Asus X55C whose primary OS is Windows 10 pro and secondary OS is Ubuntu 20.04 . I have installed the other OS Ubuntu almost one month ago. So my laptop takes almost 2min and 30 sec to boot up and its ok as the laptop is old but when I start...
  6. No internet connection for 15-20 seconds at startup since Windows 10 December update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection for 15-20 seconds at startup since Windows 10 December update: Hello, Whenever I start my PC, I've had to wait around 15-20 seconds before having an internet connection. I keep getting the "No internet connection" icon for those few seconds before connecting. Never had that problem before. This has been happening for a few days,...
  7. 4/15 Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    4/15 Windows 10 update: After the latest window 10 April update I had problem downloading pictures from camera card to picture files on computer. It tells me how many pics are ready to download but no boxes are checked. When trying to check box or boxes the program shuts down.....
  8. problem downloading pix from camera to computer since 4/15 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem downloading pix from camera to computer since 4/15 update: Hi all. Since the update, the screen that comes up when I connect my camera looks and acts differently. It shows the photos from my camera, but when I click on them to download onto the computer, the circle just spins. Then the screen goes back to my computer's homepage. Is...
  9. no Updates for since May 4 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no Updates for since May 4 2019: Hello, I've been noticing there is no updates every day since May 4, 2019. I check it every day, maybe not on weekends. Now I'm getting worried why is this happening, can you help me with this situation. I do not see anything wrong except for this. this is a new desktop...
  10. No Updates for LTSB since 1-15

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Updates for LTSB since 1-15: Can anybody explain why LTSB has received any update since Jan 15, 2018? [img] For as long as I have been working with Windows 10 this is not normal and concerns me. 103788