Windows 10: Mouse acceleration/enhanced precision.

Discus and support Mouse acceleration/enhanced precision. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have turned off enhanced precision on my pc so i dont have to deal with mouse acceleration However i somehow still get mouse acceleration. i have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xashphilDime, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Mouse acceleration/enhanced precision.

I have turned off enhanced precision on my pc so i dont have to deal with mouse acceleration However i somehow still get mouse acceleration.

i have a gaming pc and a gaming mouse. The game i play doesnt even allow mouse acceleration. I tried everything but everytime i flick my mouse the cross hair just goes crazy.

:)

xashphilDime, Apr 4, 2021
  2. Gino Des Win User

How to disable Mouse Acceleration?

Hi Alex,

Mouse acceleration can indeed hinder the ability to play games where you need precise aim because it causes your mouse to move not only based on movement, but also on speed. You can disable mouse acceleration by following the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Control Panel and select Control Panel in the results.
    • If you are in Category view, click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Devices and Printers, click Mouse to open the
      Mouse Properties window
    • Click the Pointer Options tab, and uncheck the box next to
      Enhance pointer precision.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Surpex Win User
    Mouse acceleration is still persistent after disabling "Enhanced Pointer Precision" on Windows 10 laptop.

I'm having an extremely irritating problem with Windows 10 that I've never had to deal with before. I just bought a new laptop, a ThinkPad T480, and the first thing I did after fresh installing Windows was to disable mouse acceleration in the Windows mouse
    settings. So far so good, the mouse is now acting how I want it to. Then, I finish updating everything, restart the machine, and I find out that it had installed something called "Precision Trackpad."

The problem here is that Precision Trackpad seems to disregard my decision to turn off mouse acceleration. Even though the setting IS OFF, the mouse STILL has acceleration. I need help doing one of two things: Uninstalling Precision Trackpad, or disabling
    mouse acceleration.

Surpex, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Moffat905 Win User

Mouse acceleration/enhanced precision.

Mouse Acceleration in Windows 10

Does simply disabling "Enhance Pointer Precision" in windows 10 remove all mouse acceleration or is inherently built in windows in other forms? Is perfectly linear mouse movement possible in windows 10? Thanks.

Moffat905, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Mouse acceleration/enhanced precision.

1. Mouse acceleration/enhanced precision. - Similar Threads - Mouse acceleration enhanced

2. Enhanced Pointer Precision Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhanced Pointer Precision Not Working Properly: Hi there,I haven't used enhanced pointer precision for a while now, since it is a bad setting for shooter games. But I recently started playing RTS games and I tried to turn it on again. Now for some reason when it is on, it doesn't work properly like I remember. When I move...
  3. Enhanced Pointer Precision Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhanced Pointer Precision Not Working Properly: Hi there,I haven't used enhanced pointer precision for a while now, since it is a bad setting for shooter games. But I recently started playing RTS games and I tried to turn it on again. Now for some reason when it is on, it doesn't work properly like I remember. When I move...
  4. My mouse still has mouse acceleration after turning off enhanced Pointer precision

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse still has mouse acceleration after turning off enhanced Pointer precision: Hello im Rune Mertens and im having problems with playing games due to mouse acceleration i do not know how i got it and i tried turning off enhanced pointer precision but it was already of can someone help?...
  5. My mouse still has mouse acceleration after turning off enhanced Pointer precision

My mouse still has mouse acceleration after turning off enhanced Pointer precision: Hello im Rune Mertens and im having problems with playing games due to mouse acceleration i do not know how i got it and i tried turning off enhanced pointer precision but it was already of can someone help?...
  6. Enhance pointer precision feels inverted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhance pointer precision feels inverted: Hello. This issue began last year out of nowhere I guess I installed something. Due to my PC being old and soon I'll replace it, I currently use Windows 7 64 bit. Issue started last year around April. I usually keep Enhance pointer precision OFF and it felt consistent....
  7. Enhance pointer precision feels inverted

Enhance pointer precision feels inverted: Hello. This issue began last year out of nowhere I guess I installed something. Due to my PC being old and soon I'll replace it, I currently use Windows 7 64 bit. Issue started last year around April. I usually keep Enhance pointer precision OFF and it felt consistent....
  8. Problem With Disabling Enhance Pointer Precision

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem With Disabling Enhance Pointer Precision: I disabled "Enhance Pointer Precision" in the windows 10 mouse settings but since I did this my mouse suddenly stops when dragging it. It ranges from a couple milliseconds to a second or two of being stopped. Anyone know a possible fix? My mouse is the Logitech G Pro...
  9. Mouse Acceleration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Acceleration: Hi there! I'm looking for a program that change my mouse acceleration settings. But I mean i want to adjust 2 different speed. For example x axis speed: 6.... But Y axis speed: 9... I want to make different Y and x movement speed. Any software or program help me like this?...
  10. Mouse acceleration is still persistent after disabling "Enhanced Pointer Precision" on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse acceleration is still persistent after disabling "Enhanced Pointer Precision" on...: I'm having an extremely irritating problem with Windows 10 that I've never had to deal with before. I just bought a new laptop, a ThinkPad T480, and the first thing I did after fresh installing Windows was to disable mouse acceleration in the Windows mouse settings. So far so...