Windows 10: Mouse and Click Lock option

Discus and support Mouse and Click Lock option in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since Microsoft introduced the click lock feature in a recent update, I have been experiencing issues with my mouse. I believe this is a known... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JerryDVE, Apr 6, 2021.

1. JerryDVE Win User

Mouse and Click Lock option

Ever since Microsoft introduced the click lock feature in a recent update, I have been experiencing issues with my mouse. I believe this is a known issue because I have read many complaints online about it and followed discussions on various boards. At first I thought it was the battery in my wireless mouse, so I replaced it. Then I thought maybe my mouse pad was dirty, so I cleaned it. Nothing has helped.

Here are the symptoms, which are many:

1 I double-click to select/highlight a single word, and the entire paragraph is selected/highlighted. I have to repeat the action several times before it finally decides to select/highlight just the one word I want.

2 I drag the mouse over an entire sentence in a WORD document or across a link in the search bar of my browser, and as soon as I release the mouse button, the text or link I dragged across to select it loses it, as if I hadn't dragged across it to select it.

3 Mouse actions like selecting an object a screen to drag it, likewise loses its selection on releasing the mouse button. Sometimes even, the object moves to where I want it and then instantly jumps back to where it was on its own.

Someone is bound to ask if I have the click lock feature turned on. I don't, it's unchecked. I tried it when it first became available, and it worked as advertised, but I didn't like it, so I unchecked the feature. But all of the problems affecting the mouse seem to be related to the new click lock feature. Even being turned off, it seems to have introduced some mouse bug into the system. I also checked to see if there was a driver update for my mouse, and there's not. Is anyone dealing with this?

Thank you.

:)

JerryDVE, Apr 6, 2021

2. ARC Mouse locking up Surface Win 10 Tablet

Hello Eric,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact of your Surface device?
    • Please clarify that the issue is about the ARC Bluetooth Mouse somehow locks your computer and sends you to the lockscreen.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to try performing the steps in the articles below to troubleshoot the said issue:

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Mouse and Click Lock option

Windows 10 Upgrade Locked Out No Keyboard or Mouse

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Mouse and Click Lock option

1. Mouse and Click Lock option - Similar Threads - Mouse Click Lock

2. Set up touchpad for click lock like mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up touchpad for click lock like mouse: Can a touchpad without buttons currently set up with double tap and drag, be changed to longer tap and drag so it is the same as the mouse click lock setting. There does not seem to be a way of programming this in the way the mouse menu allows eg with a separate control for...
  3. Set up touchpad for click lock like mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up touchpad for click lock like mouse: Can a touchpad without buttons currently set up with double tap and drag, be changed to longer tap and drag so it is the same as the mouse click lock setting. There does not seem to be a way of programming this in the way the mouse menu allows eg with a separate control for...
  4. The F11 key click locks my mouse until I click

in Windows 10 Customization
    The F11 key click locks my mouse until I click: All of a sudden, My F11 key makes it so my mouse holds down click. So when I'm animating in my animation software, And I click F11 for a shortcut, It just starts clicking on everything Its like a click lock. Through the key F11. How to heck do I turn it off?...
  5. Right mouse click and no 'Back' option?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right mouse click and no 'Back' option?: My Toshiba laptop crashed and with the Black Friday deals going on I purchased a new Lenova laptop. Hooked up my Microsoft cordless mouse 3000. The mouse works fine other than I've lost the right click 'back' button option. I have enough time invested searching the...
  6. right click mouse pad and no options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click mouse pad and no options: Have a 2 year old Asus laptop with 10 on it. I've noticed that when I right click on things that would normally give me options to, say delete, move, copy, paste, etc....are not there. Meaning there is nothing there to be able to do. Is this just a windows 10 deal, or some...
  7. right click mouse pad and no options

in Windows 10 Support
    right click mouse pad and no options: Have a 2 year old Asus laptop with 10 on it. I've noticed that when I right click on things that would normally give me options to, say delete, move, copy, paste, etc....are not there. Meaning there is nothing there to be able to do. Is this just a windows 10 deal, or some...
  8. Left Mouse Click Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Mouse Click Options: How do I delete "wrong" left click options in the drop down menu 26090
  9. Exit Lock Screen - Keyboard or Mouse click

in Windows 10 Support
    Exit Lock Screen - Keyboard or Mouse click: I have multiple computers with the Win10 (64 bit) update. On two of the computers, if I enter the lock screen by using the Start-L keyboard shortcut, I can exit the lock screen (and enter the log on screen) by clicking the mouse or hitting a key. However, if there has been an...
  10. lock up on mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Support
    lock up on mouse clicks: after upgrading to win 10 from win 7 HP the screen locks up for (approx 4 seconds) after every mouse click. i have just reinstalled win 7 and evrything is fine again should i re-download? and can i make a bootable ISO from the ESD file to do a clean install??. regards...