Windows 10: Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10.

Discus and support Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop. I recently had to reset the PC to restore Windows and I kept all personal files. The version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Woodie73, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Woodie73 Win User

Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10.

My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop.

I recently had to reset the PC to restore Windows and I kept all personal files. The version was 2004 and build 19041.508
    When the PC finished setting up I right click the desktop to change the large icons to small ones.

The mouse just kept spinning for about 5 mins and then finallyI was able to change them.

While it's spinning I can open any icons in the taskbar or open any files.

Anyone know a fix for this problem.

Cheers,

Peter.

:)

Woodie73, Sep 17, 2020

2. Win 10 mouse problem

Before you try to nuke Microsoft, you should take some very basic trouble-shooting steps, in particular these two (which you did not report on):

• Does the problem mouse work on a different PC?
    • Does a different mouse work on your PC?

Frederik Long, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mouse Problems

There's a possible answer in the Windows 8.1 forum at the thread Primary mouse button resets after reboot Restores some faith as the person who answered
    is a Microsoft person. That restored faith severely taxed for this being an 8.1 problem that goes back at least 2 years and somehow made it in to the next major revision.

This issue might occur due to corrupt mouse settings.

I would suggest you to make sure that the mouse settings are enabled on the Startup tab.

Follow the methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check if the mouse software is running at the Startup or within the startup list. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “msconfig”. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Startup tab and locate the mouse software (could be Unifying software). Check the box besides the mouse icon and click on OK.
    • Make the required changes for the mouse setting (swap mouse buttons) and then restart the computer.
    Check if that fixes the issue. If not, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

Let’s make the required change to swap the mouse click settings from registry and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse\SwapMouseButtons

• Change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

• Press Windows and R key to open the run box.
    • Type ‘regedit’ and press Enter from the keyboard.
    • Open the File option on the menu bar.
    • Click on Export and save the file with a name on the desktop.
    • If you want to restore the file, you can do so by double clicking the file that you have saved on the desktop.
    Restart the computer.

Puddlewiggle, Sep 17, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10. - Similar Threads - Mouse Desktop problem

2. Win 10 Desktop MS USB Wireless Mouse Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 Desktop MS USB Wireless Mouse Problems: Erratic Mouse Problems: MS USB wireless Mouse and Keyboard are old. My plan is to replace them with new MS USB wireless Mouse and Keyboard. QUESTION: Do I need to UN-Install the old wireless keyboard and mouse software, drivers, etc.??...
  3. Desktop running Win 10. I am having mouse problems, mouse and keyboard are old.

Desktop running Win 10. I am having mouse problems, mouse and keyboard are old.: I am now using a MS USB wireless keyboard and mouse. I plan on replacing them with a MS USB wireless keyboard and mouse. My mouse is very eratic and I cannot seem to fix it, it is old so, I plan on replacing both keyboard and mouse. Question: Do I need to Un-Install the old...
  4. Problem with mouse in Win 10

Problem with mouse in Win 10: I've read the reply to an earlier question here about a similar problem and have been trying to follow the steps recommended there which were to get a command prompt as administrator and then enter a series of commands, the second of which was DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  5. A problem with win 10 Pro desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    A problem with win 10 Pro desktop: This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Pro 64 bit. I am on my Sony backup laptop because I clicked on something in the in the notifications box on the right side of task bar to the right of the clock that has screwed up the Gateways desktop so bad that I...
  6. Desktop and Mouse problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and Mouse problem: I have just had to re-install windows 10. Now when I right click on the desktop with the mouse to change icon size all I get is a rotating circle and it keeps going for about 5 mins then stops. While doing that I can do everything but click on icons on the desktop. Any...
  7. Logetich mouse M510 not working on Win 10 desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logetich mouse M510 not working on Win 10 desktop: Got new desktop PC with win 10 installed where the m510 mouse wouldn't work. It worked flawlessly on former win 7 build. Read multiple posts and tried solutions presented but without success. Even had to buy a wired mouse to get to this site to post a request for solution...
  8. Is the win 8 mouse problem still present in win 10?

Is the win 8 mouse problem still present in win 10?: Referring to the issue solved by this hotfix : https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/2908279/mouse-pointer-stutters-or-freezes-when-you-play-certain-games-in-windo I upgraded from a win 7 laptop to a win 10 laptop and noticed that the ingame camera would suddenly jerk to...
  9. Win 10 Pro desktop slideshow problems

Win 10 Pro desktop slideshow problems: Hello everyone! I am having problems with the desktop wallpaper function. I want the slideshow to cycle through the many sub folders of the picture library at random. However, the old Win 7 feature to select all sub folders is missing. I researched this on the 'net and found...
  10. Bluetooth Mouse does not work on Win 10 desktop

Bluetooth Mouse does not work on Win 10 desktop: Hi, Recently, I acquired a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse (3600). It works perfectly well, both on my Android tablet and on my old but efficient Netbook (still running valiantly under XP SP3). Never a problem in pairing the mouse on these two machines (and no problem either...