Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard acting strangely

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard acting strangely in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 on my son's computer a week ago, and everything was fine until this morning. I noticed that every link I click on opened up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by satchmo, Aug 11, 2015.

1. satchmo Win User

Mouse and keyboard acting strangely

I installed Windows 10 on my son's computer a week ago, and everything was fine until this morning.

I noticed that every link I click on opened up a new Chrome browser instance.

The mouse wheel no longer works, but the other buttons work.

The caps lock became reversed, which means that when I activate the caps lock, everything I type is in small letters. But when I turn caps lock off (according to the indicator light on the keyboard), everything is capitalized.

Every now and then, there's the sound of new hardware being plugged in. This occurs at seemingly random times throughout the day.

Are these issues all related?

:)

satchmo, Aug 11, 2015
  2. Jeffrey A Win User

Microsoft Mouse 3500 and Windows 10

Yes, I've done those things, neither resolved the problem. I also re-installed the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse software that accompanies the 3500. For a bit, the mouse acted correctly until I put the machine to sleep and then woke it up, then it was back
    to the strange Instant Viewer window.

Jeffrey A, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Keyboard acting strange lately

Hi,

I am using HP pavilion g6-2005AX laptop running on windows 10. Laptop's keyboard is behaving strange whenever I start system after a long interval e.g. one keystroke result in multiple entries, pressing of key "s" result in one "s" and multiple "x" and space
    key act as enter key etc .

Everything gets back to normal after few minutes. I have noticed this happens mostly when laptop is cold and when it gets warm things gets back to normal. The weather is cold and damp outside. Although there is no direct contact with water, do you think
    the moisture in air could be the culprit?

I have already tried updating driver and troubleshoot hardware. Everything looks fine.

Thanks

Regards,

Madhurendra Narayan Tiwary, Aug 11, 2015
  4. satchmo Win User

Hmm, I restarted Windows, and things seem to be back to normal again.

Very strange indeed.

satchmo, Aug 11, 2015
  5. RonCFL Win User
    Yeah ..just a flick ... for sure , go to mouse factory to install that drive ..
    Mine is MS 4000 ... after install new drive ... everything is good now ..

RonCFL, Aug 11, 2015
  6. I had similar problem with Dell wireless mouse ... suddenly page scrolled to bottom and "vibrated" there. Could not "grab" side-bar to bring back to top. Tried switching mouse off and used touch pad. Tried switching off pc and restarting. Nothing worked. Then I unplugged the mouse dongle and reinserted into another USB port ... Voila! Everything working smoothly again. Put the dongle back in the original USB and scrolling with mouse, wheel and touch pad still works very smoothly. (BTW, fresh batteries in mouse yesterday)

DriveCountry, Aug 11, 2015
  7. I have a similar problem except that the page (can be in Windows Explorer, any Office 365 application, Firefox, etc.) scrolls to the top & scrollbar can't be dragged anywhere with the mouse. Often triggered by trying to delete something using the delete key. Generally, deleting individual items (characters or messages for example) using the right mouse click menu still works. I'm using Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse but have tried using wired versions and got same result. Any suggestions welcome.

Russell Cairns, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse and keyboard acting strangely - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard acting

2. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse acting strange?: Before the latest update, my keyboard and mouse have both worked just fine. But since this update, my keyboard responds completely differently as far as keystrokes and the mouse pointer although is responsive the clicker does not. I have changed the ports that they are...
  3. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse acting strange?: Before the latest update, my keyboard and mouse have both worked just fine. But since this update, my keyboard responds completely differently as far as keystrokes and the mouse pointer although is responsive the clicker does not. I have changed the ports that they are...
  4. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My keyboard is acting strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is acting strange: An hour ago at random my keyboard started acting strangely. When I go to type anything by hitting a key random and odd letter paper behind it for example : 7byp 8u[n 9o]m 9o]m 9o]m. And this is done on its own...
  6. Keyboard acting strange

Keyboard acting strange: Recently my keyboard has been acting strange. When I press the W key, both 2 and W type at the same time. Same with the E key, except it types a 3, and so on. Then, when I try to type a number, for example 2, the keyboard types out a 2 and then a W. This is not an issue with...
  7. My keyboard and mouse are acting really strange!

My keyboard and mouse are acting really strange!: I'm gonna give the whole story so you can understand better.So what happened was I that I spilled some ice tea on my brand new Logitech g512 keyboard so I take some of the keycaps off so I can wipe off the tea but in that process I click a bunch of keys accidentally. I then...
  8. keyboard acting strange

keyboard acting strange: when typing cursor jumps when i type letter d and when i type = i get extra characters =; i also get the number lock turn on when i type . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-acting-strange/e5d21a57-2fd7-4648-86d0-4f2f58e0e9da
  9. Mouse acting strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse acting strange: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goreidea [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iobg9i/mouse_acting_strange/
  10. keyboard and mouse acting strange after a few minutes

keyboard and mouse acting strange after a few minutes: Hi, I recently built my new windows pc. everything was going great for about 3 weeks until I had this problem. after a few minutes my keyboard first, and then slowly my mouse act strange. I resetted my pc and I am still having this issue. can somebody help me? thanks....