Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard acting weird

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard acting weird in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, for my laptop I have connected a usb keyboard and mouse. Up until today everything was perfect, but I went to eat something and when I returned, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tasos Dimogiannis, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Mouse and keyboard acting weird

So, for my laptop I have connected a usb keyboard and mouse. Up until today everything was perfect, but I went to eat something and when I returned, my mouse and keyboard were switching on and off uncontrollably. I tried a spare mouse that I had, but there was the same problem. I'm thinking that the ports have a problem but I don't know. Any solutions? Thanks in advance.PS: I'm writing this with the laptop keyboard, not the usb one.

:)

Tasos Dimogiannis, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Megahertz Win User

Mouse and keyboard acting weird/inconsistently

I don't think the problems are software related.
    Old mouses can begin double clicking as consequence of contacts oxidation or weak coil.
    Membrane keyboard can also have double key as consequence of membrane failing to act as a coil.

Try a new mouse and keyboard.

Megahertz, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Mouse acting weird

After a Windows update my mouse on my HP laptop is acting weird, is very laggy sometimes. It even freezes sometimes.

I've tried almost every method that the experts posted on this forum and I still have the issue.

AaronBrowning, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Milennin Win User

Mouse and keyboard acting weird

Mouse and keyboard acting weird/inconsistently

About a year ago, I had a mouse that started double clicking occasionally. Ignored it for a long time, despite it continuously doing it. Fairly close to that same time period, my keyboard also began to occasionally double key press. I've set my keyboard settings so that it shouldn't register same key presses happening in too quick succession, and that mostly solves the issue with the keyboard (though it'll still double key press from time to time).
    Recently, I switched back to an older mouse I still had lying around. This one never had double click issues before I replaced it with my newer one, but I'm experiencing double clicks on this one now too. Sometimes, it'll also register left clicks as right clicks. It generally occurs in periods of time. Like sometimes, I can go days or weeks without much issues, while other days it'll double click or right click like crazy all the time.
    In the 20+ years I've been working with PC's, this last year has given me more mouse+keyboard issues than all other years put together. Any suggestions?

Summary:
    -Got 2 mouses that constantly go through periods of double clicking.
    -Mouse sometimes goes through periods of registering left clicks as right clicks.
    -Keyboard frequently double key presses.

Windows 10, Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592)

Milennin, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard acting weird

1. Mouse and keyboard acting weird - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard acting

2. my keyboard is acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my keyboard is acting weird: ok my keyboard is acting up. as you can see really badly i am not sure what is going one but it is weird. please help. what drivers or such would cause this. what would I change to fix this some keys are unmapped others double type. buy new keyboard? ] original message ]...
  3. USB Keyboard acting weird

USB Keyboard acting weird: I have a Surface book 3 15 inch for my work. For that i run WSL2. Since couple of weeks i experience very strange behaviour with my external keyboard i am using a Vortex Race 3. So whenever i start listening to music via the spotify app, or the webplayer, my keyboard input...
  4. Mouse and keyboard acting weird/inconsistently

Mouse and keyboard acting weird/inconsistently: About a year ago, I had a mouse that started double clicking occasionally. Ignored it for a long time, despite it continuously doing it. Fairly close to that same time period, my keyboard also began to occasionally double key press. I've set my keyboard settings so that it...
  5. Mouse or keyboard acting erratically

Mouse or keyboard acting erratically: I am using the latest version of Windows 10. My computer, keyboard and mouse had been acting fine up until the last few days. Nothing that I know of in my environment has changed. When I go to type anything, specifically while on the internet, the cursor just sits there...
  6. Keyboard acting weird

Keyboard acting weird: I installed an external keyboard to my laptop. It is a logitech K220. It was working perfectly for\cn1`h 4-5 months and now it acts strange. I press a key and something else happens. For example the following is shown pressing the letter "ρ" ....
  7. Mouse acting weird

Mouse acting weird: After a Windows update my mouse on my HP laptop is acting weird, is very laggy sometimes. It even freezes sometimes. I've tried almost every method that the experts posted on this forum and I still have the issue....
  8. Mouse cursor acts weird

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor acts weird: Good morning everyone, I hope some of you can help me. My mouse cursor acts extremely weird: when I left click it randomly executes a right click. Right now I must do a project on Inventor and it's basically impossible to continue. This is what I tried so far, but the problem...
  9. Mouse and keyboard acting strangely

Mouse and keyboard acting strangely: I installed Windows 10 on my son's computer a week ago, and everything was fine until this morning. I noticed that every link I click on opened up a new Chrome browser instance. The mouse wheel no longer works, but the other buttons work. The caps lock became...
  10. My mouse/pc is acting weird

in Windows 10 Support
    My mouse/pc is acting weird: So this will be hard to explain but i will try my best. So basically sometimes like my pc just screws up and i cant press anything on the taskbar or the desktop so i have to navigate using the TAB key... and then just randomly it works again after like 5 min, but this...