Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard acting weird

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard acting weird in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, for my laptop I have connected a usb keyboard and mouse. Up until today everything was perfect, but I went to eat something and when I returned, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tasos Dimogiannis, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Mouse and keyboard acting weird

So, for my laptop I have connected a usb keyboard and mouse. Up until today everything was perfect, but I went to eat something and when I returned, my mouse and keyboard were switching on and off uncontrollably. I tried a spare mouse that I had, but there was the same problem. I'm thinking that the ports have a problem but I don't know. Any solutions? Thanks in advance.PS: I'm writing this with the laptop keyboard, not the usb one.

:)

Tasos Dimogiannis, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Megahertz Win User

Mouse and keyboard acting weird/inconsistently

I don't think the problems are software related.
    Old mouses can begin double clicking as consequence of contacts oxidation or weak coil.
    Membrane keyboard can also have double key as consequence of membrane failing to act as a coil.

Try a new mouse and keyboard.

Megahertz, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Mouse acting weird

After a Windows update my mouse on my HP laptop is acting weird, is very laggy sometimes. It even freezes sometimes.

I've tried almost every method that the experts posted on this forum and I still have the issue.

AaronBrowning, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Milennin Win User

Mouse and keyboard acting weird

Mouse and keyboard acting weird/inconsistently

About a year ago, I had a mouse that started double clicking occasionally. Ignored it for a long time, despite it continuously doing it. Fairly close to that same time period, my keyboard also began to occasionally double key press. I've set my keyboard settings so that it shouldn't register same key presses happening in too quick succession, and that mostly solves the issue with the keyboard (though it'll still double key press from time to time).
    Recently, I switched back to an older mouse I still had lying around. This one never had double click issues before I replaced it with my newer one, but I'm experiencing double clicks on this one now too. Sometimes, it'll also register left clicks as right clicks. It generally occurs in periods of time. Like sometimes, I can go days or weeks without much issues, while other days it'll double click or right click like crazy all the time.
    In the 20+ years I've been working with PC's, this last year has given me more mouse+keyboard issues than all other years put together. Any suggestions?

Summary:
    -Got 2 mouses that constantly go through periods of double clicking.
    -Mouse sometimes goes through periods of registering left clicks as right clicks.
    -Keyboard frequently double key presses.

Windows 10, Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.592)

Milennin, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard acting weird

1. Mouse and keyboard acting weird - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard acting

2. keyboard acts weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard acts weird: my keyboard became barely functional a i was using it some keys work but some dont like t can only be typed once and A sometimes opens the calculator and i cant delete since omething unless its highlighted first. typing this with on screen keyboard, already ran a troubleshoot...
  3. keyboard acts weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard acts weird: my keyboard became barely functional a i was using it some keys work but some dont like t can only be typed once and A sometimes opens the calculator and i cant delete since omething unless its highlighted first. typing this with on screen keyboard, already ran a troubleshoot...
  4. Keyboard acting weird.

Keyboard acting weird.: Hi, recently my keyboard began glitching out specifically with the key "H". I have to press really hard for it to actually register the input, im not sure if its a keyboard problem or a driver problem. Any help is appreciated!...
  5. Keyboard acting weird.

Keyboard acting weird.: Hi, recently my keyboard began glitching out specifically with the key "H". I have to press really hard for it to actually register the input, im not sure if its a keyboard problem or a driver problem. Any help is appreciated!...
  6. Keyboard is acting weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is acting weird.: Hello, I am having an issue with my keyboard. No matter what I try I can't get it to work right! These are the laptop specs, incase it helps. Processor IntelR PentiumR Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  7. Keyboard is acting weird.

Keyboard is acting weird.: Hello, I am having an issue with my keyboard. No matter what I try I can't get it to work right! These are the laptop specs, incase it helps. Processor IntelR PentiumR Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  8. Keyboard is acting weird.

9. Mouse and keyboard acting weird/inconsistently

Mouse and keyboard acting weird/inconsistently: About a year ago, I had a mouse that started double clicking occasionally. Ignored it for a long time, despite it continuously doing it. Fairly close to that same time period, my keyboard also began to occasionally double key press. I've set my keyboard settings so that it...
  10. Mouse acting weird

Mouse acting weird: After a Windows update my mouse on my HP laptop is acting weird, is very laggy sometimes. It even freezes sometimes. I've tried almost every method that the experts posted on this forum and I still have the issue....