Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard are disabled when booting into windows.

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard are disabled when booting into windows. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Was cleaning up my windows startup programs on my windows 11 machine, and apparently I disabled something related to mouse and keyboard. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Drewbokman1, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Mouse and keyboard are disabled when booting into windows.

Was cleaning up my windows startup programs on my windows 11 machine, and apparently I disabled something related to mouse and keyboard. I've tried booting into safe mode but mouse and keyboard still don't work in there. Keep in mind they work in bios and windows recovery screen. Only place I can get working is the windows recovery CMD

:)

Drewbokman1, Aug 6, 2022
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Aug 6, 2022
  3. disabled mouse and keyboard

Hello Peter,

An outdated or incompatible mouse driver can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these steps to check if the device is recognized correctly in Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• In the Search box, type Device Manager and press
      Enter.
    • Navigate to Mice and other pointing devices.
    • A yellow exclamation means that the mouse driver is not installed properly. You can right-click and select
      Uninstall.
    • Right-click on Mice and other pointing devices and select
      Scan for hardware change.
    • If the yellow exclamation mark still exists, go to their support site to search your product name and find the corresponding mouse driver to install and update.
    • You may re-do the steps 1 to 5 to check for the keyboard.

Note: If there are no pointing devices and keyboard, it indicates that there is no mouse and keyboard configured or it is a mouse and keyboard hardware failure. We suggest that you contact your system manufacturer to report
    the status of those devices to identify if these are hardware related issue.

Feel free to post back for an update with the outcome and let us know if you need more help.

Zedrick Del, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Mouse and keyboard are disabled when booting into windows.

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard are disabled when booting into windows.

1. Mouse and keyboard are disabled when booting into windows. - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard are

2. No Keyboard/Mouse support when enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Keyboard/Mouse support when enabling secure boot: When I enable secure boot in my BIOS, I can't use my keyboard or my mouse in the Windows 11 Lockscreen. Restarting my PC and using the BIOS still works tho. This is what i tried:Tried updating BIOSTried unplugging them while the Computer is off then plugging them in...
  3. No Keyboard/Mouse support when enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Keyboard/Mouse support when enabling secure boot: When I enable secure boot in my BIOS, I can't use my keyboard or my mouse in the Windows 11 Lockscreen. Restarting my PC and using the BIOS still works tho. This is what i tried:Tried updating BIOSTried unplugging them while the Computer is off then plugging them in...
  4. Mouse and keyboard are disabled when booting into windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard are disabled when booting into windows.: Was cleaning up my windows startup programs on my windows 11 machine, and apparently I disabled something related to mouse and keyboard. I've tried booting into safe mode but mouse and keyboard still don't work in there. Keep in mind they work in bios and windows recovery...
  5. No Keyboard/Mouse support when enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Keyboard/Mouse support when enabling secure boot: When I enable secure boot in my BIOS, I can't use my keyboard or my mouse, I have searched online to no avail, here is the things I tried already:Tried updating BIOSTried unplugging them while the Computer is off then plugging them in after.Tried going back down to Windows 10...
  6. No Keyboard/Mouse support when enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Keyboard/Mouse support when enabling secure boot: When I enable secure boot in my BIOS, I can't use my keyboard or my mouse, I have searched online to no avail, here is the things I tried already:Tried updating BIOSTried unplugging them while the Computer is off then plugging them in after.Tried going back down to Windows 10...
  7. Keyboard & mouse disabled CONSTANTLY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & mouse disabled CONSTANTLY: I have EXTREME problems with windows 10. First: Windows randomly disables my keyboard & mouse. It happens when I use them, AND when I don't use them. I've bought a NEW keyboard & mouse, to see if that helped. It didn't. I've tried reinstalling windows, no effect....
  8. Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables: This issue has started happening around ~6 months ago. I have found no other mention of what I'm describing. I will describe it as best as I can: Whilst randomly using my computer, if I'm just browsing the web, playing games, and not doing much, after my PC's been running...
  9. disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?: Hello, I have a Inspiron 7370 with a touch screen and a hinge that allows the computer to open flat. I was wondering if there was a safe way to disable and re-enable the keyboard and keyboard mouse so I can use the screen as a tablet and place a notepad on the keyboard area...
  10. Wired Mouse/Keyboard Turn Off When Windows Boots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired Mouse/Keyboard Turn Off When Windows Boots: As of 3/1/2019, my wired mouse and keyboard stop working when Windows boots. They light up and turn on when my computer is booting, but as soon as Windows launches they power down. I’ve tried different usb ports on my computer and tried different mice (both wired and...