Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard are not working properly

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard are not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop keyboard and mouse are not working properly. I can use an external keyboard and mouse to solve this problem as trackpad is slow so and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Windows user 5410, May 5, 2020.

1. Mouse and keyboard are not working properly

My laptop keyboard and mouse are not working properly.

I can use an external keyboard and mouse to solve this problem as trackpad is slow so and keyboard is not working at all on laptop

I have tried updating the drivers and the software for both the keyboard and the mouse but this does not solve the problem.

In terms of mouse not working properly every time I click on the search bar on the settings i get a pop up asking if I want to undo what I have just done or redo it.

Similar idea for Google Chrome left click puts on emjo options pop up

Does anyone know how I can solve this?

:)

Windows user 5410, May 5, 2020

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 5, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, May 5, 2020
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Mouse and keyboard are not working properly

Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard are not working properly

1. Mouse and keyboard are not working properly - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard are

2. My Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse are not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse are not working properly.: The mouse is not following direction and the keyboard is not typing properly. I checked the batteries and that is not the issue, I have been using the same for 2 years now and never had an issue. I have been using both with my office laptop for a month, but the past couple...
  3. My Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse are not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse are not working properly.: The mouse is not following direction and the keyboard is not typing properly. I checked the batteries and that is not the issue, I have been using the same for 2 years now and never had an issue. I have been using both with my office laptop for a month, but the past couple...
  4. My Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse are not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working properly: I have a 128 GB system SSD and a 1TB HDD for my personal data. I have Windows 11 pro My system disk was was getting filled automatically without any movement. So, I do a reset to remove my all programs and reinstall windows.After the reset my mouse both USB and touchpad stop...
  6. Mouse not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not working properly: I have a 128 GB system SSD and a 1TB HDD for my personal data. I have Windows 11 pro My system disk was was getting filled automatically without any movement. So, I do a reset to remove my all programs and reinstall windows.After the reset my mouse both USB and touchpad stop...
  7. commands will not work properly on keyboard and mouse

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    commands will not work properly on keyboard and mouse: mouse will not respond to the correct commandsould I have a undetected virus? have window 10 but I cannot make my key board or mouse respond to any commands correctly to make changes below...
  8. Wireless keyboard and mouse set not working properly

Wireless keyboard and mouse set not working properly: Hello,I recently bought a set of wireless keyboard 3050 and mouse.Recently it stopped working properly and disrupts the work.for example: while typing, the cursor suddenly jumps to the beginning of the lineor when double clicking with the mouse on a line for example opening a...
  9. Mouse not working properly

Mouse not working properly: My wired mouse hasn't been working properly with my windows PC. Whenever I try to scroll downwards, it scrolls upwards or downwards. It's a wired mouse and I've tried to clean it with air, update the driver and change the scroll speed and other solutions online. However, none...
  10. Mouse and keyboard not working properly in windows 10

Mouse and keyboard not working properly in windows 10: Hi i have a hpba021ax laptop everything was working 3 days before....until suddenly my laptop started behaving weirdly especially the mouse and keyboard....i did not change any drivers nothing until then....the mouse automatically selects the first file/folder in a list of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. external keyboard and mouse not working