Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard center is not detecting my Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard center is not detecting my Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a perfectly working windows 10 pro laptop , 64-bit and a Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse working perfectly. Yet the dumb Microsoft Mouse and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ionel GRECESCU, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Mouse and keyboard center is not detecting my Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse

I have a perfectly working windows 10 pro laptop , 64-bit and a Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse working perfectly.

Yet the dumb Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center is not detecting my mouse.

Check the picture below.

Since this is such an old issue, since I installed windows 10 several years ago maybe someone more brilliant can give me an idea on how to fix this insignificant issue?

Thank you.

Mouse and keyboard center is not detecting my Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse ec883508-1380-4e0a-a3f7-63843402886d?upload=true.png

:)

Ionel GRECESCU, Feb 12, 2019

2. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Doesn't Detect MS Bluetooth Mouse

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center continues not to detect my Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000, nor my Dell Bluetooth keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro x64. On my Dell T5400 workstation, MM&KC on Windows 8.1 Pro x64 resolutely refuses to recognize both
    the Microsoft Natural Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard 7000, or the Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 7000, although it does recognize one or the other. All these devices appear correctly in Device Manager, Manage Bluetooth Devices, etc. so the OS is doing
    its job; it appears that the Mouse and Keyboard Center is just not functioning correctly at all. This is annoying, as the customizations for these Microsoft products are not readily available.

MartinKestle, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Bluetooth mouse works but not detected by Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Centre

Hi, i have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort bluetooth mouse which is working fine in Windows 10, but i'd like to customise/repurpose the blue button and the up/down gentures provided by this button.

The standard mouse control panel app does not allow me to change anything but the most basic mouse operations.

So, i downloaded the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse centre (https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/sculpt-comfort-mouse) for windows 10-64bit. It installs ok, but does not detect the mouse at all, stating...

No Device Detected

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center cannot detect a Microsoft device connected to your computer.

This may be because Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center does not automatically detect and configure PS/2, Bluetooth, and some USB devices. 

The bluetooth dongle is CSR 4.0, with latest CSR drivers loaded. And there are no hardware faults. There are no devices in device manager with a driver warning.

The mouse operates normally, but the up/down gentures dont seem to do anything useful in Win10.

What can i do to customise this button? The Microsoft app, on Microsoft OS doesnt detect a microsoft Mouse!

Thanks

Ian Street, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Patson Go Win User

Mouse and keyboard center is not detecting my Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse

Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

Dear All,

I have just got my set of Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Designer as well.

yes indeed it can be quite tricky.....

the best option I personally recommend is :

1. Go to your device manager

2. Under Bluetooth, scroll down the list of devices present there.

3. Perform a manual driver update (right click every single device) for all items there.

4. Restart your PC.

5. Discover your Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (before the update in Step 3, I have removed all the Microsoft designer mouse and keyboard drivers / removed the devices). - this time round, it should connect.

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s on Windows 10 64 bit using the Intel Bluetooth LE generic hardware.

hope this helps folks....

Patson Go, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard center is not detecting my Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse

1. Mouse and keyboard center is not detecting my Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard center

2. Designer bluetooth mouse not turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Designer bluetooth mouse not turning on: I've just got a bluetooth designer mouse and for some reason, when I turn it on the buttons/mouse wheel work fine but the blue light that tracks movement doesn't turn on and so I'm left with a mouse that can click but not move. The only way I have found to fix the issue is to...
  3. Keyboard and Mouse not detecting

Keyboard and Mouse not detecting: Hi all, Updated Windows 10 today to from version 1803 to 1809 and once the update had finished I tried to log back into my machine and found that the built in trackpad/ mouse and keyboard were not working. This meant that I had to log in using a USB mouse and the ease of...
  4. Microsoft mouse and keyboard center work with Logitech Mouse

Microsoft mouse and keyboard center work with Logitech Mouse: Will Microsoft mouse and keyboard center work with Logitech LX3 optical Mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mouse-and-keyboard-center-work-with/f2d5ada0-ff77-4bb2-8e05-e7c2540be7a3
  5. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse: So, yes again another question about this mouse. I can't connect this mouse to the windows 10 x64 But can connect without any problems : *) to the same computer running ubuntu 16.04 LTS *) to smartphone huawei p10 lite I followed to all possible solutions: *) updating...
  6. Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse

Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse: Hi there , I'm trying to pair my disgner keyboard and mouse to a bluetooth 2.0 stick, the keyboard and the mouse don't show on the pairing list . Q: is this problem caused by the bluetooth 2.0 because it's an older version ? Thanks in Advanced...
  7. Mouse And Keyboard Not Detected

Mouse And Keyboard Not Detected: I have a custom built PC with windows 10, and everything is working fine until today i rebooted my pc and all of a sudden during the boot up i get a new screen that says at the top "American Megatrends" followed by some general hardware info of my build and at the bottom it...
  8. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse Won't Pair

Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse Won't Pair: Hello, I have bought the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse about 6 months ago and until today it worked just fine. Today it randomly disconnected while I was working on my laptop and now it won't connect again. I hold the button at the bottom, the LED starts flashing, mouse...
  9. Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center thrills

Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center thrills: I've installed (had it for several years) Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center again today because the mouse suddenly stopped working. Anyway, the program is installed, mouse works flawlessly but I cannot actually open the program itself. I've tried running it in...
  10. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center: customizable buttons/keys don't work in programs which runs under the certain conditions of compatibility modes, or if program runs with administrative privilege... making administrative privilege to "itype.exe & ipoint.exe & mousekeyboardcenter.exe" does not help... as...