Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard do not work in Windows 10 Repair Environment

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard do not work in Windows 10 Repair Environment in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; At boot time I am presented the "Choose an operating system" screen, and select: Change defaults or choose other options>Choose other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fresno Jack, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Mouse and keyboard do not work in Windows 10 Repair Environment

At boot time I am presented the "Choose an operating system" screen, and select: Change defaults or choose other options>Choose other options>Troubleshoot>Advanced options. At this point I am presented with the Advanced options of:1. Startup Repair2. Startup Settings3. Command PromptIf I choose Startup Repair the system reboots and I am presented with the Startup Repair screen with no mouse or keyboard function.If I choose Startup Settings and press F10 for more options I am presented with the: Launch recovery environment option. When I select this option by pressing the 1 key, I am p

:)

Fresno Jack, Feb 22, 2024
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Windows 10 - Choose Your Keyboard + Automatic Repair loop

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Are you suing wired or wireless keyboard?
    If you are using wireless mouse and keyboard this devices will not work on startup repair environment. I would suggest you to use external wired keyboard and mouse and check if it work.

Also, you can refer the HP support article and try the steps mention there.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03513214/

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Windows 10 upgrade Keyboard and Mouse

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following query:

• Are the keyboard and mouse working on the Windows lock screen?

If keyboard is working on the Windows lock screen, follow the steps below to go to
    Safe Mode with Networking.

Please follow the steps below:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction to go to
      Safe Mode with Networking
    If the keyboard and mouse are not working, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

To go to Safe Mode with Networking through Windows Startup Settings in the Windows Recovery Environment.

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer, If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t
      see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB. When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click
      Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

•  In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the
      Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.

• Tap or click, advanced options and then click on
      Startup repair.
    • Follow on screen instruction to get to

After this complete the repair check and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.   

If you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO of the same Operating system that you are currently using from a working computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB. 

Windows 10 ISO file Download:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10  

Once it’s done I suggest you to update Keyboard and mouse drivers.

Follow the steps below to
    update drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Keyboards, Mice and other pointing devices.

• Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Feb 22, 2024
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Mouse and keyboard do not work in Windows 10 Repair Environment

Windows 10, after factory reset mouse and keyboard can't work.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

I suggest you to check if the keyboard and mouse are working fine in
    Safe Mode.

If keyboard is working on the Windows lock screen, follow the steps below to go to

Please follow the steps below:

• Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advance Option.
    • Select Startup Repair.
    • Follow the on Screen instruction to go to Safe Mode with Networking.
    If the keyboard and mouse are not working, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

To go to Safe Mode with Networking through Windows Startup Settings in the Windows Recovery Environment.

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer, If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change
      the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB. When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click
      Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    •  In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.
    • Tap or click, advanced options and then click on
      Startup repair.
    • Follow on screen instruction to get to Safe Mode with Networking.

 After this complete the repair check and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.   

If you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO of the same Operating system that you are currently using from a working computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB. 

Windows 10 ISO file Download:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once it’s done I suggest you to update Keyboard and mouse drivers.

Follow the steps below to Update Drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand Keyboards, Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries. 

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard do not work in Windows 10 Repair Environment

1. Mouse and keyboard do not work in Windows 10 Repair Environment - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard Repair

2. Mouse and keyboard do not work in Windows 10 Repair Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard do not work in Windows 10 Repair Environment: At boot time I am presented the "Choose an operating system" screen, and select: Change defaults or choose other options>Choose other options>Troubleshoot>Advanced options. At this point I am presented with the Advanced options of:1. Startup Repair2. Startup Settings3....
  3. Mouse and keyboard do not work in Windows 10 Repair Environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard do not work in Windows 10 Repair Environment: At boot time I am presented the "Choose an operating system" screen, and select: Change defaults or choose other options>Choose other options>Troubleshoot>Advanced options. At this point I am presented with the Advanced options of:1. Startup Repair2. Startup Settings3....
  4. automatic repair but no mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic repair but no mouse or keyboard: Hi I'm having this problem again so I am just pasting in what I asked before because it is an identical situation but had it repaired by a professional. This time I left it to try and restore for 18 hrs as I didn't want to go through what I went through before but I was...
  5. automatic repair but no mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic repair but no mouse or keyboard: Hi I'm having this problem again so I am just pasting in what I asked before because it is an identical situation but had it repaired by a professional. This time I left it to try and restore for 18 hrs as I didn't want to go through what I went through before but I was...
  6. Windows BOSD repair on startup causes Keyboard and mouse not to work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BOSD repair on startup causes Keyboard and mouse not to work.: This morning I logged in to my Windows 10 PC. When I then noticed a blue screen error.. the one that says "Sorry. We had a problem" or something like that. So it did the repair process but when the PC restarts the PC doesn't respond to either the keyboard or the mouse. This...
  7. Windows 10 Automatic Repair, keyboard or mouse is not responsive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Automatic Repair, keyboard or mouse is not responsive: I have seen 600 people on the closed thread with the same problem. So I am going to attempt to ask the question again, and reopen the thread. I will also as a Computer Repair Technician offer an explanation and a solution. If you make it to the pretty picture, but cant...
  8. [Resolved] Mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows Recovery Environment WinRE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Resolved] Mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows Recovery Environment WinRE: Update: I resolved this issue. See the solution below. Hi. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 x64. When I boot the computer into WinRE, my mouse and keyboard no longer work! Today, something happened that gave me an idea about why. I just don't know how to fix it. Here is...
  9. Mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows Recovery Environment WinRE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows Recovery Environment WinRE: Hi. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 x64. When I boot the computer into WinRE, my mouse and keyboard no longer work! Today, something happened that gave me an idea about why. I just don't know how to fix it. Here is what I discovered: After a clean installation of Windows...
  10. Windows 10 Freezes and in Repair Mode the Mouse & Keyboard Stop Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Freezes and in Repair Mode the Mouse & Keyboard Stop Working: After a power failure when I repower my computer I go through the usual BIOS checks just fine, but once I get the screen saying that automatic repair has started I go to a screen which asks for keyboard layout. I'm frozen there since both my mouse and keyboard are not able...