Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard don't respond sometimes after I've locked my computer with Win-L keys

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard don't respond sometimes after I've locked my computer with Win-L keys in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello all, For the past couple of weeks my mouse and keyboard don't respond sometimes after I've locked my desktop with the Windows-L keys. It... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KaraokeMatt, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Mouse and keyboard don't respond sometimes after I've locked my computer with Win-L keys

Hello all,

For the past couple of weeks my mouse and keyboard don't respond sometimes after I've locked my desktop with the Windows-L keys. It appears the computer is frozen up, the mouse cursor won't move, but the monitor does come out of standby/powersave mode when I click a key or move the mouse, and the login box and everything else appears normal, I just cannot login again to unlock it. So I've been doing a hard restart, but that is not ideal of course. Windows works totally fine otherwise.

I've checked the Event Logs and nothing relevant seems to show up there. I also made sure to install the latest Windows updates I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1903 build 18362.720. Also I've tried:

• updating all my drivers
    • unplugging other USB devices
    • using a different keyboard and mouse
    • setting the power save options back to normal
    • changing the lock screen options

Thanks!

:)

KaraokeMatt, Mar 20, 2020

2. Notebook keyboard, touchpad, and mouse fails to respond

Ever since I have taken this Dell notebook out of the box or not long after that, it has been giving me trouble with the keyboard, touchpad, and mouse. When I go to wake the computer from sleep or even turning it on after a night's rest, the keyboard, mouse, and touchpad do not respond to the computer. The cursor (if I am typing something) and the mouse pointer freezes up and it makes the computer not usable until it responds. The keyboard also has a backlit caps lock key. When this happens, the light on the caps lock key does not light up. I have ran tests on it from Dell and the program (Dell Support Assist) says that everything passed and there is nothing wrong. There is something wrong. A brand new computer from the factory should not be doing this. The notebook is a Dell Inspiron 15-3552. I don't have it listed in my specs yet.

Help is appreciated!

Thanks! Mouse and keyboard don't respond sometimes after I've locked my computer with Win-L keys :)

Jesse Williams, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Pauley Win User
    Exit Lock Screen - Keyboard or Mouse click

I have multiple computers with the Win10 (64 bit) update. On two of the computers, if I enter the lock screen by using the Start-L keyboard shortcut, I can exit the lock screen (and enter the log on screen) by clicking the mouse or hitting a key. However, if there has been an extended period of time (e.g. overnight), on one computer I can only exit the lock screen by pressing a mouse button. On another computer I can only exit the lock screen by hitting the keyboard. I would like it to be able to use either to exit the lock screen. Some deltas:
    Computer 1 (mouse exit works) has wireless bluetooth mouse and keyboard.
    Computer 2 (keyboard exit works) has a wireless keyboard, but it is IR (so the IR receiver is tied to a USB port). The mouse is a Wacom mouse that works with my drawing tablet. The tablet is attached via USB.
    I upgraded both computers from WinXP 64bit, and did not have this issue.
    Any ideas? I'm thinking the devices must be entering some quiescent state when 'off' for a period of time, but, like I said, this did not happen with XP.

Pauley, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Mouse and keyboard don't respond sometimes after I've locked my computer with Win-L keys

Stephanie Sal, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard don't respond sometimes after I've locked my computer with Win-L keys

1. Mouse and keyboard don't respond sometimes after I've locked my computer with Win-L keys - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard don't

2. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen: My pc was having this problem a bit before but if I restarted it enough it would work. One day my power went out while it was on and no matter how many times I restart it it won’t work....
  6. Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen: My pc was having this problem a bit before but if I restarted it enough it would work. One day my power went out while it was on and no matter how many times I restart it it won’t work....
  7. Computer turns on but doesn’t respond to mouse or keyboard on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Computer sometimes does not respond to mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer sometimes does not respond to mouse: The computer sometimes does not respond to mouse. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sometimes-does-not-respond-to-mouse/d3112302-8cb9-43aa-bb5f-57888ec1917d
  9. KEyboard and mouse locked after win 10 update

KEyboard and mouse locked after win 10 update: Yesterday win 10 updated and now key board and mouse are locked on an old Dell XP upgrade to win 7 upgraded to 10? I have another win 10 PC. How can I create a win 10 boot disc that may fix mouse keyboard lock up and allow me to revert to an older version of win 10. Note...
  10. Mouse and keyboard sometimes don't work after booting

Mouse and keyboard sometimes don't work after booting: I built my new gaming rig about a week ago. Everything worked great for the first few days, but then I started getting this problem that when I booted my PC, the keyboard and mouse sometimes don't work at all. They have about 50/50 chance of working. It's the Corsair Strafe...