Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows Recovery Environment WinRE

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows Recovery Environment WinRE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 x64. When I boot the computer into WinRE, my mouse and keyboard no longer work! Today, something happened that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fleet Command, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows Recovery Environment WinRE

Hi.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 x64. When I boot the computer into WinRE, my mouse and keyboard no longer work!

Today, something happened that gave me an idea about why. I just don't know how to fix it. Here is what I discovered: After a clean installation of Windows 10, I discovered that the following device drivers were flagged as faulty:

• IntelR 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26 INTEL, version 10.1.1.13, 2015-10-28
    • IntelR 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C2D INTEL, version 10.1.1.13, 2015-10-28

I was able to use the device manager to replace them with the following:

• IntelR 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26 Microsoft
    • IntelR 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C2D Microsoft

When I did that, the mouse and keyboard started working again.

Mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows Recovery Environment WinRE 16b0a7c9-9d4e-4ef7-9150-c8120de038bb?upload=true.png

How can I fix the mouse and keyboard problem in WinRE? Can the steps I provided for Windows itself somehow be applied to WinRE? How?

:)

Fleet Command, Aug 1, 2020

2. Laptop keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

Since you are unable to use the keyboard and mouse, we suggest doing a system restore through Windows 10 Recovery Environment (WinRe). Follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Start your desktop, and after the manufacturers logo disappears and Windows 10 tries to boot, press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds to perform a hard shut down.

• Do the step #1 until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait during boot. (You may need to perform this up to 3 times.)

• After Windows 10 boots into the Windows 10 Recovery Environment (WinRE), you can now access Startup Recovery, Safe Mode, and Command Prompt.

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > System Restore, and then check if you have a restore point.

• In the list of available restore points, choose the date prior to the issue. Steps can be found in this article on
      how to perform a System Restore. Refer to Restore from a system restore point.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Keyboard and Mouse not working

Hi,

There's a possibility to by-pass the error message "System restore did not complete successfully through safe mode. However, since you cannot access safe mode, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool and DISM through command prompt in Windows
    Recovery Environment. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Use your USB to boot into Windows Recovery Environment, then click on Advanced options.
    • Choose Command Prompt, then copy and paste these commands one-by-one.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow
    • Once done, close the Windows Recovery Environment or continue to boot your computer.

Let us know if the mouse and keyboard worked after.

Carlos Tin, Aug 1, 2020
  4. SIV
    Siv Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows Recovery Environment WinRE

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

devnull,

Did you check that the keyboard is not working again as I had the same issue with another PC where the system restore failed but I found that the keyboard and mouse were working even though the restore failed??

Thema:

Mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows Recovery Environment WinRE

1. Mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows Recovery Environment WinRE - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard don't

2. How to disable Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE): [IMG]The Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) is crucial to your Windows system. It features tools and utilities in Microsoft Windows operating systems, such as Startup Repair, System restore, System image recovery, Reset PC, etc. You can troubleshoot and recover your system...
  3. My windows recovery environment options don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows recovery environment options don't work: Recently, I had to perform a clean install of windows 11 on my HP pavilion 13 laptop because it encountered an unmountable boot volume error.I used a USB to perform this install, and everything went mostly smoothly. I had to download a driver from HP in order to view my...
  4. My windows recovery environment options don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows recovery environment options don't work: Recently, I had to perform a clean install of windows 11 on my HP pavilion 13 laptop because it encountered an unmountable boot volume error.I used a USB to perform this install, and everything went mostly smoothly. I had to download a driver from HP in order to view my...
  5. USB keyboard only working in BIOS and recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB keyboard only working in BIOS and recovery environment: ive recently only gotten my computer out of the windows automatic repair loop but whenever i access windows 10 now my keyboard won't work, even though it works fine in the recovery environment....
  6. USB keyboard only working in BIOS and recovery environment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB keyboard only working in BIOS and recovery environment: ive recently only gotten my computer out of the windows automatic repair loop but whenever i access windows 10 now my keyboard won't work, even though it works fine in the recovery environment....
  7. Keyboard & Mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse don't work: USB Kyeboard & Mouse work in BIOS and in windows troubleshooting but after windows 10 starts loading they both stop functioningThe USB ports still function with my wifi adapter and others but not with my keyboard or mouseThis problem persists though a windows 10 reinstall...
  8. Recovery Environment (WinRe) question

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Environment (WinRe) question: My PC is running fine but I was curious to see what options are available in the Recovery environment on my PC as it isnt something Ive ever had to use. So I held down the shift key and restarted my PC which took me into the Recovery Environment. I selected startup settings...
  9. [Resolved] Mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows Recovery Environment WinRE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Resolved] Mouse and keyboard don't work in Windows Recovery Environment WinRE: Update: I resolved this issue. See the solution below. Hi. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 x64. When I boot the computer into WinRE, my mouse and keyboard no longer work! Today, something happened that gave me an idea about why. I just don't know how to fix it. Here is...
  10. Questions regarding the Windows Recovery Environment partition (WinRe)

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions regarding the Windows Recovery Environment partition (WinRe): These questions may be plainly obvious to many. However before now I have never copied partitions to a new drive and am approaching all of this from a position of ignorance. I recently installed a 250gb mSata SSD into my laptop meant to boot the operating system while the...