Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard get "tired" after a while

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard get "tired" after a while in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm seeing this strange problem with my USB wireless mouse and keyboard. They'll be working fine for a while, then they start to get "tired." The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamRosenblatt, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Mouse and keyboard get "tired" after a while

I'm seeing this strange problem with my USB wireless mouse and keyboard. They'll be working fine for a while, then they start to get "tired." The cursor will start dragging and jerking around the screen when I move the mouse. The keyboard will start to lose keystrokes, so that I'll type a word and only some of the characters will appear in whatever app I'm using. This is a Lenovo laptop with a USB hub plugged into it. The mouse and keyboard are Microsoft 5050/5000. The mouse/keyboard USB transceiver is plugged into the USB hub, which is about a foot away from the mouse & keyboard with noth

:)

WilliamRosenblatt, Apr 30, 2021
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Apr 30, 2021
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Mouse and keyboard get "tired" after a while

keyboard and mouse pad problems

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for keyboard and mouse by following the steps below.

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard (for keyboard) and Mice and other pointing devices (for mouse).
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard get "tired" after a while

1. Mouse and keyboard get "tired" after a while - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard tired

2. Getting so tired of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting so tired of windows: I'm pissed. I've declined windows 11 several times. I just turned on my computer and it upgraded to windows 11 anyways. Without my permission. Your article says, "not a big deal." Well, to me it is a big deal. Plus you know darn well that most of these updates are Microsoft...
  3. Getting so tired of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting so tired of windows: I'm pissed. I've declined windows 11 several times. I just turned on my computer and it upgraded to windows 11 anyways. Without my permission. Your article says, "not a big deal." Well, to me it is a big deal. Plus you know darn well that most of these updates are Microsoft...
  4. Tired of this ****

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tired of this ****: I have used Windows 1 and wasn't surprised that Windows 10/11 is a steaming turd of a OS. I need to disable the primary/master password I mistakenly enabled. But, no matter how i ask I never get the answer. It is the password I now have to enter everytime I want to use a...
  5. Keyboard and mouse freeze while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse freeze while gaming: Hi trying to figure out what my issue might be. The keyboard and mouse keep freezing only while gaming. Like as soon as I open the game it will freeze immediately every time. Any other time they work perfectly for long periods. I’m currently using a battery keyboard and mouse...
  6. Keyboard and mouse freeze while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse freeze while gaming: Hi trying to figure out what my issue might be. The keyboard and mouse keep freezing only while gaming. Like as soon as I open the game it will freeze immediately every time. Any other time they work perfectly for long periods. I’m currently using a battery keyboard and mouse...
  7. Keyboard and mouse freeze while gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.: I have noticed some problems with my keyboard and trackpad. I would press a key and the mouse would not let me move my mouse. This was a nuisance, especially when I play video games. I have had this problem before but I just had to change the smart senses in those mouses....
  9. Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse freezing while typing in my keyboard.: I have noticed some problems with my keyboard and trackpad. I would press a key and the mouse would not let me move my mouse. This was a nuisance, especially when I play video games. I have had this problem before but I just had to change the smart senses in those mouses....
  10. Getting tired of update bugs now...

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting tired of update bugs now...: I am a Win user since about 1990. Just more than a year ago I bought a Win phone (Lumia) as well. I drank the cool aid of integration.... but I am now soooo tired of this BS. 1. On the PC. Win 10 and anniversary edition. Like it. Then got seduced into joining insider fast...