Windows 10: Mouse And Keyboard Glitching/Acting up

Discus and support Mouse And Keyboard Glitching/Acting up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can’t really tell what is going on but my mouse is acting as if the middle mouse is stuck, or something and the keyboard acts like Ctrl is stuck.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jjakobebryantt, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Mouse And Keyboard Glitching/Acting up

I can’t really tell what is going on but my mouse is acting as if the middle mouse is stuck, or something and the keyboard acts like Ctrl is stuck.

My mouse frequently goes in and out of auto-scroll

- moves apps when hovering over them on Taskbar

- opens multople tabs of chrome when hovering over

- is not clicking or opening

Solutions i have tried that haven’t worked

- DISM.exe code

- Uninstalling reinstalling drivers

- Task Manager Ctrl + Alt + Del

I do not know of it is a hardware issue or system issue

I have classes tomorrow and would love a quick fix as soon as possible.

:)

jjakobebryantt, Aug 29, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Aug 29, 2020
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Megahertz Win User

Mouse And Keyboard Glitching/Acting up

Mouse and keyboard acting weird/inconsistently

I don't think the problems are software related.
    Old mouses can begin double clicking as consequence of contacts oxidation or weak coil.
    Membrane keyboard can also have double key as consequence of membrane failing to act as a coil.

Try a new mouse and keyboard.

Megahertz, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Mouse And Keyboard Glitching/Acting up

1. Mouse And Keyboard Glitching/Acting up - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard Glitching

2. KeyboarD acting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KeyboarD acting up: Greetings all, First time poster here - I've come across an issue I can't seem to solve myself.Ever since yesterday typing on my keyboard activates shortcuts rather than typing letters. For example, pressing D minimizes everything, pressing S decreases sounD, etc. Any help...
  3. KeyboarD acting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KeyboarD acting up: Greetings all, First time poster here - I've come across an issue I can't seem to solve myself.Ever since yesterday typing on my keyboard activates shortcuts rather than typing letters. For example, pressing D minimizes everything, pressing S decreases sounD, etc. Any help...
  4. Keyboard is acting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is acting up: I downloaded Splitgate from steam and was playing it, after I played the tutorial, my keyboard was acting up. Whenever I hold W to move forward then stop holding W my player keeps moving. It does this with all of the keys, sure it will stop after a while but it's very...
  5. Keyboard is acting up

Keyboard is acting up: I downloaded Splitgate from steam and was playing it, after I played the tutorial, my keyboard was acting up. Whenever I hold W to move forward then stop holding W my player keeps moving. It does this with all of the keys, sure it will stop after a while but it's very...
  6. Keyboard and mouse acting strange?

Keyboard and mouse acting strange?: Before the latest update, my keyboard and mouse have both worked just fine. But since this update, my keyboard responds completely differently as far as keystrokes and the mouse pointer although is responsive the clicker does not. I have changed the ports that they are...
  7. Keyboard acting up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard acting up: I recently had my 4 year old son go type crazy on my keyboard and now when I click the period (.) button it completely stops the use of my letters on the keyboard. It won’t let me type and if I click an internet link it opens it up into a new tab instead of the same tab as...
  8. Keyboard acting up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard acting up: My keyboard is not functioning properly. They keys below do the following; I do not know how this happened, it was like this after I updated my computer. E -ce8 R - 7rm1 C - ce V - v. B - b3/stops typing after N - makes it go full screen and then back when pressed...
  9. Mouse is acting up

Mouse is acting up: Hi all, I have a brand new Nuvision Encite two in one laptop/tablet. Today, the mouse has been clicking stuff when I've not touched it, it tremors over areas that it's idle, it won't click the things I want it to, it'll click its own things & even highlight things on its...
  10. Mouse and keyboard acting strangely

Mouse and keyboard acting strangely: I installed Windows 10 on my son's computer a week ago, and everything was fine until this morning. I noticed that every link I click on opened up a new Chrome browser instance. The mouse wheel no longer works, but the other buttons work. The caps lock became...