Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond.

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having this issue since the last Windows 10 update, When I first power on the computer the mouse and keyboard are slow to respond as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fpflyer, Jun 18, 2016.

1. fpflyer Win User

Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond.

Hello,
    I've been having this issue since the last Windows 10 update, When I first power on the computer the mouse and keyboard are slow to respond as if there is lag between them and the computer. Also the HDD activity light is going nuts. When I restart the computer everything goes back to normal. I've disabled all 3rd party start up services and programs, and this did not seem to help. Any thoughts? I'm at the point where I am ready to do a fresh install of Windows 7 as I have that CD and the Windows 10 was the free upgrade.

Thanks
    Jeff

:)

fpflyer, Jun 18, 2016
  2. gelund Win User

Lock screen doesn't respond to keyboard following Nov. update

Lock screen stopped responding to keyboard input following installation of Windows 10 November update. The lock screen responds to mouse click, but not keyboard input. I'm using a wired Microsoft Natural keyboard (KU-0045).

gelund, Jun 18, 2016
  3. Alan Math Win User
    Mouse and keyboard intermittently don't work on Windows 10.

While I am using Windows 10, every few minutes Windows does not responds to keyboard or mouse input for a few seconds or periods as long as 30 seconds.

I have this problem using any software while using any combination of the following hardware:

1. HP desktop, Dell desktop, MS Surface Pro 4

2. Wired Microsoft mouse, wired Dell mouse, wireless Logitech mouse, wireless Logitech trackball, Bluetooth Microsoft mouse, Bluetooth Kensington mouse.

3. Wired Dell keyboard, wired HP keyboard, wireless Logitech keyboard, Bluetooth Kensignton keyboard.

The problem occurs every few minutes with every hardware combination I've tried. The computer does not respond to either mouse or keyboard input for a few seconds or up to about 30 seconds.

I'm pretty sure this is a fundamental software problem with Windows 10. It happens on too many different hardware configurations to believe it is a hardware problem. It's not merely a problem related to having one or two bad drivers.

Alan Math, Jun 18, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

What are your system spec's? What is the mfg and model of the keyboard and mouse?

bro67, Jun 19, 2016
  5. fpflyer Win User
    Amd 6-core 3.8 ghz processor, 8gb ram, microsoft wireless keyboard 800, and a Logitec M570 trackball, now the problem is starting up randomly while the computer runs.

fpflyer, Jun 19, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Have you tried uninstalling the drivers for the keyboard and mouse, along with telling Device Manager to uninstall the hardware, then reboot and let it install the default drivers.

Also to let you know for future reference. When you are asked for system spec's. We need Motherboard mfg and model if it was built by or for you. If OEM it is just mfg and model ofthe box.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond. - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard input

2. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging: Hi all, hope you all are having a great time.The keyboard and mouse input is lagging every few seconds or minutes.Not only the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse input but also the direct input from the laptop keyboard and trackpad are also lagging and this is extremely...
  3. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging: Hi all, hope you all are having a great time.The keyboard and mouse input is lagging every few seconds or minutes.Not only the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse input but also the direct input from the laptop keyboard and trackpad are also lagging and this is extremely...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse input is lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keyboard slow to respond and beeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard slow to respond and beeping: My keyboard is making beep beep noise and its lagging very much I've even connected the external keyboard which is also lagging and making beep noise.But it works fine in bios the issue I'm facing is only in operating system. Please help me out...
  6. Keyboard slow to respond and beeping

Keyboard slow to respond and beeping: My keyboard is making beep beep noise and its lagging very much I've even connected the external keyboard which is also lagging and making beep noise.But it works fine in bios the issue I'm facing is only in operating system. Please help me out...
  7. Keyboard and mouse inputs not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse inputs not working: Hey guys. Recently, my PC has stopped taking inputs from my keyboard in mouse. They work on the boot screen, but nothing past that. I’ve tried multiple mice and keyboards, to no avail. Is there anything I can do to fix this?Windows 10 HomeHP Pavilion Gaming PC...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

Keyboard and Mouse won't respond: after an update I got a Keyboard error message up on boot up and once it gets to the logon screen neither my keyboard or mouse will work. They are wired. I have tired other keyboard and mice and they do not respond either. I was able to get my computer to boot up into...
  9. CONNECT input (Keyboard ok, but no mouse input?)

CONNECT input (Keyboard ok, but no mouse input?): Hi there, I use SmartView on Samsung Galaxy s10e, and use CONNECT on the PC - bizarely, I can use keyboard, but not mouse input! Any idea why/what to do? Thanks, Pete...
  10. Mouse is slow to respond. Keyboard too!

Mouse is slow to respond. Keyboard too!: After the recent update from April's Windows 10 Patch Tuesday, both mice and keyboards on my HP Desktop and Acer Desktop have become really slow. Anyone know what's going on and how to resolve this issue? 130614