Windows 10: Mouse and Keyboard not recognised on boot until i unplug mouse

Discus and support Mouse and Keyboard not recognised on boot until i unplug mouse in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title says after resetting not shutting down PC from start menu my PC wont recognise my mouse or keyboard but when i unplug my mouse it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MajorFoley, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Mouse and Keyboard not recognised on boot until i unplug mouse

As the title says after resetting not shutting down PC from start menu my PC wont recognise my mouse or keyboard but when i unplug my mouse it recognises the keyboard and when i plug my mouse back in it recognises it agian... Windows 20H2 latest updates...

:)

MajorFoley, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Jetski2 Win User

USB Mouse Not Recognised On Boot Up?

Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home Edition (64) and my USB mouse isn't recognised on boot up? No cursor on screen but underneath of the mouse it's lite up red as usual. The USB keyboard works perfectly fine. Once the desktop computer has booted up I have to unplug the USB mouse and then plug it back in again with the bing bong sound and then it works fine. If I shut the computer down and boot it back up again it will work fine but if I turn it off completely at the mains switch then the cursor will disappear again on boot up? Any help would be most appreciated! Cheers.

Jetski2, Jun 22, 2021
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 22, 2021
  4. John Fer Win User

Mouse and Keyboard not recognised on boot until i unplug mouse

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Mouse and Keyboard not recognised on boot until i unplug mouse

1. Mouse and Keyboard not recognised on boot until i unplug mouse - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard recognised

2. When i unplug my mouse, my keyboard and mouse stop taking inputs until i restart my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i unplug my mouse, my keyboard and mouse stop taking inputs until i restart my computer: When i unplug my mouse to either connect it wirelessly by disconnecting the cord in it and plugging it into a dongle, or disconnecting the cord from the dongle and connecting it to the mouse to charge it and use it wired , both my keyboard and mouse stop taking inputs until i...
  3. When i unplug my mouse, my keyboard and mouse stop taking inputs until i restart my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i unplug my mouse, my keyboard and mouse stop taking inputs until i restart my computer: When i unplug my mouse to either connect it wirelessly by disconnecting the cord in it and plugging it into a dongle, or disconnecting the cord from the dongle and connecting it to the mouse to charge it and use it wired , both my keyboard and mouse stop taking inputs until i...
  4. My mouse getting recognised as a keyboard

My mouse getting recognised as a keyboard: So i just bought a mouse call Dareu EM901x and the driver of its didnt recog it and then i found the reason was because the laptop think the mouse is a keuboard usb, anyone know how to help? the dpi is way too high and i need to change it...
  5. My mouse getting recognised as a keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse getting recognised as a keyboard: So i just bought a mouse call Dareu EM901x and the driver of its didnt recog it and then i found the reason was because the laptop think the mouse is a keuboard usb, anyone know how to help? the dpi is way too high and i need to change it...
  6. USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged: The mouse is a Logitech G400. It works in bios, but for about a month I've nearly always needed to unplug and re-plug it before it will work in Windows. I'm now on 1709 Build 19045.272.Tried to update BIOS - not helped.Tried to update AMD USB Chipset driver - not helpedTried...
  7. USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged

USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged: The mouse is a Logitech G400. It works in bios, but for about a month I've nearly always needed to unplug and re-plug it before it will work in Windows. I'm now on 1709 Build 19045.272.Tried to update BIOS - not helped.Tried to update AMD USB Chipset driver - not helpedTried...
  8. USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Mouse and Keyboard not recognised on boot until i unplug mouse

Mouse and Keyboard not recognised on boot until i unplug mouse: As the title says after resetting not shutting down PC from start menu my PC wont recognise my mouse or keyboard but when i unplug my mouse it recognises the keyboard and when i plug my mouse back in it recognises it agian... Windows 20H2 latest updates... - - - Updated - - -...
  10. Windows no longer recognising keyboard + mouse

Windows no longer recognising keyboard + mouse: Windows is no longer accepting my mouse and keyboard input. I have tried restarting my computer numerous times, switching usb ports, etc. The keyboard is still functional in the bios, but no input from mouse or keyboard is registered within windows, which means i am...