Windows 10: Mouse and Keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 Restart

Discus and support Mouse and Keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 Restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; New HP Pavilion, 3 weeks old. Win 10 - 1909. All up to date with drivers, etc. If I use the Win "Start - Power - Restart" command, I get the splash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CurlerRob2, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Mouse and Keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 Restart

New HP Pavilion, 3 weeks old. Win 10 - 1909. All up to date with drivers, etc.

If I use the Win "Start - Power - Restart" command, I get the splash screen for sign-on, but my mouse and keyboard are not recognized, and I can't proceed. I've had to do hard power reset to recover - sometimes only once, sometimes twice. The problem is reproducible, and happens with both wireless USB and wired USB mouse and keyboard.

If I use the "Start - Power - Shutdown" command, then power back up, all is well.

The system is not frozen, just the mouse and keyboard, as I can shut it down using a remote controller like TeamViewer.

Hoping to find a solution other than a full refresh - just spent the last 3 weeks loading up the system with my apps.

:)

CurlerRob2, Jan 4, 2020
  2. devnull Win User

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Thanks, but how would I be able to do any of the things that you suggest when Windows is not recognizing either my keyboard or my mouse?

I'll mention that I do intend to purchase a *wired* USB keyboard and mouse today and try them, but I'm not optimistic that they will be recognized by Windows either.

devnull, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Mouse and Keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 Restart

Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Mouse and Keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 Restart

1. Mouse and Keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 Restart - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard recognized

2. KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.: hello, im using asus rog x13, windows 11, this problmes happened recently, my laptop keyboard isn't working and when i opened device manager, it shows that my keyboard location is at my mouse which is Razer orochi v2 been using it for few weeks. I've tried updating the driver...
  3. KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.: hello, im using asus rog x13, windows 11, this problmes happened recently, my laptop keyboard isn't working and when i opened device manager, it shows that my keyboard location is at my mouse which is Razer orochi v2 been using it for few weeks. I've tried updating the driver...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse not working after Restart Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard and Mouse not working after Restart Windows 10: I just got a PC from my school, they didn’t need it anymore so they gave it to me, when I first plugged it in everything worked fine, Keyboard and mouse no issues. But I had to reset it cause it was a school computer! After I reset it my Mouse and Keyboard only works in the...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse not working after Restart Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse not working after Restart Windows 10: I just got a PC from my school, they didn’t need it anymore so they gave it to me, when I first plugged it in everything worked fine, Keyboard and mouse no issues. But I had to reset it cause it was a school computer! After I reset it my Mouse and Keyboard only works in the...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse not working after Restart Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mouse Recognized As Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Recognized As Keyboard: I got a new computer today, and once I set it up, I realized how high the mouse speed was. I was looking into ways to turn it down, but none of the options shown in the videos appear. I went into the control panel, then the devices tab and my mouse was recognized as a...
  8. Mouse recognized as a keyboard

Mouse recognized as a keyboard: When I plugged in my mouse into my pc it seems to flash the leds on the mouse also it doesn't want work. When I went into the device control panel I realized my mouse was show as a keyboard not a mouse. Sometimes the mouse works fine but I can't use the Razer program for...
  9. Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update

Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update: Not sure what sub this should go in so I'm going to post here. I had an update and restart for windows and now it isn't recognizing the mouse or keyboard. The USB ports have power and my mouse's decorative lights are on but my keyboard won't light up, and no input on either...
  10. Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update: Not sure what sub this should go in so I'm going to post here. I had an update and restart for windows and now it isn't recognizing the mouse or keyboard. The USB ports have power and my mouse's decorative lights are on but my keyboard won't light up, and no input on either...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless mouse frozen on start up w10