Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard not registering

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard not registering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got given a pc. I went to reset the pc with the get rid of the file option but chose the one where I'm wanting to keep the pc. After it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnthonySchofield1, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Mouse and keyboard not registering

I recently got given a pc. I went to reset the pc with the get rid of the file option but chose the one where I'm wanting to keep the pc. After it has reset the computer and said let's begin. Chose what region I'm in my cursor doesn't show and my keyboard doesn't respond.

:)

AnthonySchofield1, Feb 6, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Feb 6, 2020
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Mouse and keyboard not registering

keyboard and mouse pad problems

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for keyboard and mouse by following the steps below.

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard (for keyboard) and Mice and other pointing devices (for mouse).
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard not registering

1. Mouse and keyboard not registering - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard registering

2. Pc will not register keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc will not register keyboard and mouse: I was perfectly gaming with some friends up until when I restarted my pc. I go to type in my password and the keyboard and mouse both aren’t connecting. I’ve tried turning it off and on, launching bios keyboard doesn’t work to launch it, remove the cmos battery, check ram and...
  3. Pc will not register keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc will not register keyboard and mouse: I was perfectly gaming with some friends up until when I restarted my pc. I go to type in my password and the keyboard and mouse both aren’t connecting. I’ve tried turning it off and on, launching bios keyboard doesn’t work to launch it, remove the cmos battery, check ram and...
  4. Pc will not register keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I reset Windows 10 but keyboard and mouse doesn't register

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset Windows 10 but keyboard and mouse doesn't register: My PC was getting rather slow so I decided to reset it, it couldn't uninstall everything but it did successfully reinstall again, the only problem is now I'm stuck at the first reset screen, where it wants to know what language I want the PC to use, but my mouse and keyboard...
  6. I reset Windows 10 but keyboard and mouse doesn't register

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I reset Windows 10 but keyboard and mouse doesn't register: My PC was getting rather slow so I decided to reset it, it couldn't uninstall everything but it did successfully reinstall again, the only problem is now I'm stuck at the first reset screen, where it wants to know what language I want the PC to use, but my mouse and keyboard...
  7. Mouse cursor isnt there and keyboard doesnt register win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse cursor isnt there and keyboard doesnt register win 10: I tried to log on today and my mouse cursor isnt there and my keyboard doesnt work the only thing that works is my volume up and down no keys are there anything i can do?...
  8. Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering: This is a common issue now that you don't seem to have any advice on. (You actually closed the other post about this issue, before offering any solutions). I'd prefer to not have waste my time to re-image entire PCs because of some BS problem that MS can't figure out...
  9. Keyboard not registering on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not registering on startup: My computer sometimes does this thing where when I start my computer up it doesn't allow me to type, so I have to restart, And then it does it multiple times until it finally somehow works. Also, when I restart my computer and it makes my computer run slower. I've tried many...
  10. Computer mouse/keyboard/tab being registered differently?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer mouse/keyboard/tab being registered differently?: I think the cat may have stepped on the keyboard and changed the setting for something and I don't know how to explain this. When I press tab, normally it would highlight the first button, however when I press it now it highlights the first for a press second, then the next,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse and keyboard not registering