Windows 10: Mouse and Keyboard not responding since updating Drivers !

Discus and support Mouse and Keyboard not responding since updating Drivers ! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used WinzipDriver updater and 3 ago as instructed I updated 3 drivers on my PC, running Windows 10.1. After restarting the PC to complete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tony_Corbett, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Mouse and Keyboard not responding since updating Drivers !

I used WinzipDriver updater and 3 ago as instructed I updated 3 drivers on my PC, running Windows 10.1. After restarting the PC to complete the update, the screen would boot up seemingly normally, but the Mouse no longer functions. I have checked my WiFi Mouse and even tried a wired connection, but nothing changes. When booting I can get to the BIOS Screen on ASUS by hitting the Delete key, plus I can get to the same using F5, but I cannot convince myself that anything else works from the keyboard. I wanted to get the PC into Safe Mode in order to do a roll-back to the last created Restore Point, but everything I try is ineffectual. I gather that getting Windows 10 into Safe Mode is by far harder than with earlier versions of Windows. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

:)

Tony_Corbett, Feb 10, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Mouse and keyboard driver unknown after recent update

Hi,

This issue normally occurs due to outdated or incompatible keyboard and mouse drivers. We suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, and press Enter on the keyboard.
    • Click View All.
    • Right-click on Hardware and Devices from the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article to resolve your concern.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

Mouse and Keyboard not responding since updating Drivers !

KB4074588 Update - Breaks Keyboard and Mouse drivers

Hello,

With regards to your concern about the KB4074588 update to Windows 10 that your keyboard and mouse unable to properly use may be related to a compatibility issue or the driver of your devices needs to be updated. For better assistance, we'd like to ask the
    following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you checked the Device Manager on your computer, if the driver of your keyboard and mouse is detectable?
    • Are you using a laptop or PC? If you're using a laptop, can provide the make and model of your device? If you're using a PC, can you tell us the make and model of your keyboard and mouse?

Meanwhile, we recommend checking if your drivers are all updated. To do so, follow the steps on this
    link.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Mouse and Keyboard not responding since updating Drivers !

1. Mouse and Keyboard not responding since updating Drivers ! - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard responding

2. Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.: Hello,My pc Freeze and keyboard turned off but the mouse still on power.So the pc monitor freeze the desktop still working like the GPU fan spinning. Stuck on gaming or browser no blue screen or shut down. The freeze last for few minutes then the desktop just turned...
  3. Updating drivers with no mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating drivers with no mouse or keyboard: I’ll start by saying I’m dumb and I downloaded one of those driver updater programs and I updated all my drivers only to get a bunch of problems. I then restored all of the updates only for it to not let me use my mouse or keyboard even though I have power to both. I tried...
  4. Updating drivers with no mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating drivers with no mouse or keyboard: I’ll start by saying I’m dumb and I downloaded one of those driver updater programs and I updated all my drivers only to get a bunch of problems. I then restored all of the updates only for it to not let me use my mouse or keyboard even though I have power to both. I tried...
  5. Updating drivers with no mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10: hi, keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10 on my desktop pc.it was working fine before. plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-responding-in-window-10/55bbbde0-8100-477b-a8ca-a05e6b8184c2
  7. Br-800 drivers respond poorly since update

Br-800 drivers respond poorly since update: I have updated windows 10 recently and my Boss BR-800 recorder is responding very poorly when connecting to the usb port. Files transfers now take 25 minutes instead of 3 minutes. Can microsoft look into this please and thank you. The firmware on the recorder is updated to...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

Keyboard and Mouse won't respond: after an update I got a Keyboard error message up on boot up and once it gets to the logon screen neither my keyboard or mouse will work. They are wired. I have tired other keyboard and mice and they do not respond either. I was able to get my computer to boot up into...
  9. Mouse is slow to respond. Keyboard too!

Mouse is slow to respond. Keyboard too!: After the recent update from April's Windows 10 Patch Tuesday, both mice and keyboards on my HP Desktop and Acer Desktop have become really slow. Anyone know what's going on and how to resolve this issue? 130614
  10. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Windows 10 after update

Keyboard and mouse not responding in Windows 10 after update: Hello everyone, Last week I was doing an update for my laptop. The next day I put my laptop on and the keyboard and mouse weren't working. I am stuck on the lock screen (the screen before you can login). The time on the screen was moving so the screen isn't frozen. In...