Windows 10: Mouse and Keyboard not showing the ability to wake computer from sleep

Discus and support Mouse and Keyboard not showing the ability to wake computer from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,When I go to device manager and look at the various keyboards, mice, HID devices or USB devices, the option under "Power Management" to "allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JW316, Jul 17, 2021.

1. JW316 Win User

Mouse and Keyboard not showing the ability to wake computer from sleep

Hello,When I go to device manager and look at the various keyboards, mice, HID devices or USB devices, the option under "Power Management" to "allow this device to wake the computer is greyed out. Also, on most of the devices listed, "power management" is not even an option. Please see pictures below.The Dell laptop Lattitude 5580 won't even turn on if I use the laptop keyboard. I have to tap the power button and then it wakes up.Any ideas?

:)

JW316, Jul 17, 2021
  2. EdwardYQ Win User

Keyboard and mouse cannot wake the computer after sleep

My new computer (windows 10) cannot wake from sleep by keyboard or mouse, despite that in device management the keyboard and mouse are allowed to wake the computer. The drivers are up-to-date. Only the power button wakes the pc after sleep. In Management
    Engine Interface (power management) I have corrected the "wrong" setting that the computer is allowed to turn off this device to save power. Besides, I turned off hibernation with a restart as suggested. Does someone maybe have a solution for this problem
    ?

Edward

EdwardYQ, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up.
    Allow mouse to wake is enabled:

Mouse and Keyboard not showing the ability to wake computer from sleep [​IMG]

This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it stopped working. I tried a new mouse, same problem. Any suggestions?

Yes, I've done many Google searches and looked at lots of responses but there really is nothing more than the above as far as a suggested fix.

I've uninstalled the mouse from Device Manager then rebooted, no help.

USB attached keyboard works okay and wakes the computer.

Ztruker, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Trepid Win User

Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse

I am unable to wake the PC from sleep with the keyboard or mouse. I took several steps and spoke at length with a microsoft tech who could not solve the problem. Here is the changes I made:

-Under device manager i made sure keyboard and mouse can wake the computer up.

- Turned off fast startup.

- Used these commands in the command prompt: powercfg.exe /hibernate off powercfg.exe /hibernate on.

- Changed power settings to allow hybrid sleep off and allow wake timers Enable.

- Went to BIOS upon restarting at went to the power section and made sure that the keyboard can wake the PC and selected wake with any key on the mouse.

- After all of that failed to fix the issue I went back to the advanced power settings and reset to default. That still did not fix the problem. I have to push the power button to wake the PC up.

Trepid, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Mouse and Keyboard not showing the ability to wake computer from sleep - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard showing

2. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep: Hi, I am using a Logitech M720 mouse and MX keys keyboard, when PC goes to sleep, these will not wake it up from sleep. They will wake up my work laptop. I need to wake my home PC up using a second M310 logitech mouse. Once woken, the keyboard and mouse are useable. Running...
  3. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep: Hi, I am using a Logitech M720 mouse and MX keys keyboard, when PC goes to sleep, these will not wake it up from sleep. They will wake up my work laptop. I need to wake my home PC up using a second M310 logitech mouse. Once woken, the keyboard and mouse are useable. Running...
  4. Wireless mouse and keyboard not waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  6. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  7. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wake computer from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake computer from keyboard/mouse: Hello. When my Windows 10 laptop is sleeping, how do I wake this up from the keyboard/mouse? This is connected to a docking station with dual monitors and I would like to not have to open my laptop every time to wake this....
  9. Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse: OS: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) I am unable to wake the PC from sleep with the keyboard or mouse. I took several steps and spoke at length with a microsoft tech who could not solve the problem. Here is the changes I made: -Under device manager i made sure...
  10. Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep: Up until recently, I have either put my laptop to sleep or let it go to sleep at the end of the day. The next morning I would hit either the mouse or keyboard (probably mostly the esc key just because it's sort of prominent at the corner). Some time recently, I haven't been...