Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard not working properly in windows 10

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard not working properly in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi i have a hpba021ax laptop everything was working 3 days before....until suddenly my laptop started behaving weirdly especially the mouse and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Umang, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Umang Win User

Mouse and keyboard not working properly in windows 10

Hi i have a hpba021ax laptop everything was working 3 days before....until suddenly my laptop started behaving weirdly especially the mouse and keyboard....i did not change any drivers nothing until then....the mouse automatically selects the first file/folder in a list of files/folder if i double click on a particular file or folder....if i scroll the mouse it doesn't come down it automatically goes to the top....the keyboard also behaves strangely....if i want to type a word named as 'iso' so when i start typing 'i' the cursor moves to the start position again n it gets typed as 'si' or 'osi'....tried moving the cursor with arrow keys but it doesnt help....initially i thought it may be some drivers problem so i uninstalled the synaptics driver n let it work on ms ps2 driver but this didn't work....in safe mode both mouse n keyboard worked properly in 1st attempt but when i again booted to safe mode the problem came in safe mode also...the same problem.....tried disabling the touchpad and using external mouse but that too gave the same problem...the external mouse is of dell.....so i resetted it without deleting any data...it didn't work.....reinstalled windows 10 pro 64 bit...let windows download all the drivers on it's own....still didn't work....installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit...didn't work....now how should i know where is the real problem....because the external mouse also behaves the same even though im changing different os

laptop-hpba021ax
    specs-4gb ddr4 ram
    processor-amd a10 quad core
    graphics-2gb dedicated amd r7 m440

:)

Umang, Sep 9, 2018

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 9, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse and keyboard not working properly in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard working

2. My Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse are not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse are not working properly.: The mouse is not following direction and the keyboard is not typing properly. I checked the batteries and that is not the issue, I have been using the same for 2 years now and never had an issue. I have been using both with my office laptop for a month, but the past couple...
  3. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working properly on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working properly on Windows 11: I've had a Microsoft Touch Mouse for nearly 10 years. It has worked wonders throughout the years; I started using it on Windows 7, then updated to Windows 8, then Windows 8.1, then Windows 10 and time after time I have seen its functionality improve with the Microsoft mouse...
  4. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working properly on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working properly on Windows 11: I've had a Microsoft Touch Mouse for nearly 10 years. It has worked wonders throughout the years; I started using it on Windows 7, then updated to Windows 8, then Windows 8.1, then Windows 10 and time after time I have seen its functionality improve with the Microsoft mouse...
  5. commands will not work properly on keyboard and mouse

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    commands will not work properly on keyboard and mouse: mouse will not respond to the correct commandsould I have a undetected virus? have window 10 but I cannot make my key board or mouse respond to any commands correctly to make changes below...
  6. Wireless keyboard and mouse set not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless keyboard and mouse set not working properly: Hello,I recently bought a set of wireless keyboard 3050 and mouse.Recently it stopped working properly and disrupts the work.for example: while typing, the cursor suddenly jumps to the beginning of the lineor when double clicking with the mouse on a line for example opening a...
  7. Mouse and keyboard are not working properly

Mouse and keyboard are not working properly: My laptop keyboard and mouse are not working properly. I can use an external keyboard and mouse to solve this problem as trackpad is slow so and keyboard is not working at all on laptop I have tried updating the drivers and the software for both the keyboard and the mouse...
  8. Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly

Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly: Hello, My windows 10 keyboard is not working properly, I tried reinstalling the keyboard using device manager and restarting the system yet the problem still occurs and I reinstall the keyboard again ... and so on. Example: when my keyboard is not working properly it types...
  9. Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly: Hello, My windows 10 keyboard is not working properly, I tried reinstalling the keyboard using device manager and restarting the system yet the problem still occurs and I reinstall the keyboard again ... and so on. Example: when my keyboard is not working properly it types...
  10. Keyboard not working properly on Windows 10

Keyboard not working properly on Windows 10: Suddenly laptop's keyboard started behaving weirdly, the top line of alphabets (q,w,e,r,t etc) is not working properly. Sometimes I have to press key many times to print a character , and sometimes I press it once and it prints letter 2 or 3 times, and shift + those buttons...