Windows 10: Mouse and Keyboard not working when plugged in together in the usb docking station.

Discus and support Mouse and Keyboard not working when plugged in together in the usb docking station. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using 4 port usb docking station as only 1 usb port on my laptop is functional. Although when plugged in separately, both usb mouse and keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ruchirverma1112, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Mouse and Keyboard not working when plugged in together in the usb docking station.

I am using 4 port usb docking station as only 1 usb port on my laptop is functional. Although when plugged in separately, both usb mouse and keyboard work properly but when plugged in together, the mouse stops working. However, the light in the mouse is on indicating that it is still drawing power. I am using windows 10.

:)

ruchirverma1112, Jun 19, 2020
  2. msftcge Win User

Keyboard and Mouse not working with Surface Dock and Windows 10

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 I on my Surface Pro 3 with a Surface Docking station. My Microsoft Sculpt mouse and Ergo Keyboard pair has a dongle that is connected to the ports in the dock. The computer will not recognize the mouse and keyboard.
    When I move the dongle directly to the Surface USB port, they are both recognized. This issue did not happen with Windows 8.1.

I have tried deleting the drivers as well as the Mouse and Keyboard center and it did not work. Any suggestions?

msftcge, Jun 19, 2020
  3. toddmo Win User
    Logitech wireless keyboard / mouse hangs

Problems

• Intermittent nature
    • The mouse will often hang (won't move)
    • The keyboard will often not type
    • Sometimes, the keys get saved up and come out later all at once, and sometimes they never come out
    • The mouse seems to have difficulty traveling to the top left of the screen.

Equipment

• Dell Precision M3800 Laptop
    • Windows 10 Professional operating system
    • Logitech wireless keyboard (K270)
    • Logitech wireless mouse (M185). They came in the same box / use the same dongle.
    • "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station that runs the DisplayLink software. It has two monitors attached to it, one by DVI and the other by HDMI. It's plugged into the laptop by USB.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken

• Wired keyboard and wired mouse work great.
    • When wireless was plugged in, it was in a USB port on the laptop itself, not the docking station
    • I rerouted the monitors to plug directly into the laptop (take this docking station out of the equation). So far the wireless keyboard/mouse are not malfunctioning. This seems to indicate that the docking station is a necessary component to reproduce the problem). But I have to give it 1-2 days to make sure because the problem is intermittent.

Question

What would be a good first choice for a fix I can try that won't hurt anything (update a driver...where?)?

toddmo, Jun 19, 2020
  4. cepharum Win User

Mouse and Keyboard not working when plugged in together in the usb docking station.

Audio not working through a docking station

Stumbling over this issue using Surface 3 Pro in a Microsoft Surface 3 Pro-compatible docking station. I've upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 recently. The docking station was shipped after upgrading, it's all new ... while docked I can use headphone
    jack of Surface 3 pro (in top left corner of device's frame), but using headphone jack of docking station doesn't work. There is no "Microsoft Docking Station Audio Device" recognized and thus I can't configure it using audio manager.

However, on undocking and redocking device some problem with recognizing recently attached USB device pops up informing about Windows having failed to recognize some new USB device.

My keyboard and mouse are both attached to USB port of docking station and either is functioning properly. So this driver issue doesn't seem to be related to supporting USB of docking station in general.

cepharum, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Mouse and Keyboard not working when plugged in together in the usb docking station.

1. Mouse and Keyboard not working when plugged in together in the usb docking station. - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard working

2. USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard: This week my usb logitech mouse and keyboard stopped working with surface pro on windows 10.0.19045. The keyboard and mouse work when plugged directly into my laptop. However, they do not when plugged into "plugable usb 3.0" docking station. I have removed changed the port...
  3. USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard: This week my usb logitech mouse and keyboard stopped working with surface pro on windows 10.0.19045. The keyboard and mouse work when plugged directly into my laptop. However, they do not when plugged into "plugable usb 3.0" docking station. I have removed changed the port...
  4. USB docking station not working with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station: Hi, I have a Targus docking station to use my laptop and 2 additional monitors. It doesn't seem to matter what brand keyboard/mouse i have or what USB port i use both docking station and laptop but the mouse is constantly not working and the keyboard seems to freeze every few...
  6. Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station: Hi, I have a Targus docking station to use my laptop and 2 additional monitors. It doesn't seem to matter what brand keyboard/mouse i have or what USB port i use both docking station and laptop but the mouse is constantly not working and the keyboard seems to freeze every few...
  7. Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station

8. Mouse & Keyboard don't work after unplugging from docking station

Mouse & Keyboard don't work after unplugging from docking station: I plugged my new windows 10 laptop into a docking station. Now, when I unplug it the keyboard won't work to log in - it types random characters and the mouse pad won't work....
  9. Surface stopped recognizing mouse and keyboard dongle in docking station

Surface stopped recognizing mouse and keyboard dongle in docking station: My Microsoft mouse and keyboard pair has a dongle that is connected to the ports in the dock. The computer will not recognize the mouse and keyboard. When I move the dongle directly to the Surface USB port, they are both recognized. Thanks....
  10. USB on docking station

USB on docking station: I have a Surface 3. The USB ports are not recognised when the Surface is docked and the power supply is turned off, though they work fine when the power supply is on. Can someone tell me how to change this so that they are still recognised when the Surface is docked, but no...