Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard not working

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I sent my Envy pc to HP and have the fan replaced, when I got it back my mouse and keyboard did not work. I called HP and they sent me a mouse and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Default_user002325, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Mouse and keyboard not working

I sent my Envy pc to HP and have the fan replaced, when I got it back my mouse and keyboard did not work. I called HP and they sent me a mouse and keyboard, The mouse and keyboard I have is not the cheap junk that HP sent me. I don't know what to do about getting my mouse and keyboard to work? Every time I send my Envy to HP and get it back something else quits working. What can I do to fix this??

:)

Default_user002325, Nov 28, 2018

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 28, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Mouse and keyboard not working

Keyboard and Mouse not working

Hi,

This issue may have occurred due to compatibility issues. For us to correct this, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried using your current keyboard and mouse on another machine?
    • What is the make and model of your keyboard and mouse?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard not working

1. Mouse and keyboard not working - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard working

2. Microsoft mouse and keyboard center work with Logitech Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft mouse and keyboard center work with Logitech Mouse: Will Microsoft mouse and keyboard center work with Logitech LX3 optical Mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mouse-and-keyboard-center-work-with/f2d5ada0-ff77-4bb2-8e05-e7c2540be7a3
  3. USB Mouse and keyboard not working

USB Mouse and keyboard not working: What happened was that I was updating drivers and on one of the larger ones I was prompted to restart now or restart later, as I had other drivers yet to install I chose to restart later. At that point my USB mouse and keyboard stopped working. Through research online i...
  4. Keyboard and mouse don’t work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse don’t work: i was installing a steam game then got the vlue screen of error info and restart then when i boot up i get the lock screen woth the time and my keyboard and mouse light up but wont operate...num lock wont light up even when pressed and another keyboard plugged in usb 3 and 2...
  5. Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working

Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working: After I installed Windows 10 from windows 7 I couldn't use my mouse and keyboard it works when I boot up BIOS Utility but when im on windows 10 it does not work. I tried switching usb ports and that didn't work either. 9997
  6. USB Mouse & keyboard Combo Not Working

USB Mouse & keyboard Combo Not Working: hi guys my mouse and keyboard has just dropped out this is build 10130 has been working perfik on all previous releases any idea's was working ok after upgrade 6920
  7. Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working

Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working: For a while now my my detachable Keyboard, Trackpad and Mouse have kept stopping. It has happened before and cured itself but so far not this time. A new and odd behaviour is that after closing down and relaunching everything does work, for about two seconds only, just enough...
  8. USB mouse&keyboard not working

USB mouse&keyboard not working: Hi; I've a Medion Akoya MD8360 PC with previous windows 10 Home Build 10240 installed and with a working USB medion mouse and keyboard.Reccently I upgraded manually(with media creation tool fromMS) to Windows 10 Home V1511 Build 10586.71 and my USB keyboard and mouse didn't...
  9. MS-DOS Mouse & Keyboard not working

MS-DOS Mouse & Keyboard not working: I have old PC and new keyboard and mouse, they don't work on my old PC, I want to install MS-DOS 7.10, what should I do? Thanks. 3100
  10. keyboard / mouse not working

keyboard / mouse not working: Hi - I have messed up the keyboard and mouse drivers on my Windows 10 installation, so now when I boot up I have no input possibilities. What are my options? I don't have a "recovery" disk - but I do have a Windows 10 install USB. I don't have any restore points. I have...