Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This has been an ongoing problem for me and it just started to be more frequent and annoying whenever I restart or shutdown my pc a little often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EmirIbana, Apr 19, 2022.

1. EmirIbana Win User

Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late

This has been an ongoing problem for me and it just started to be more frequent and annoying whenever I restart or shutdown my pc a little often sometimes makes my mouse and keyboard don't work at startup or welcome screen and sometimes they work but after a while, I tried deleting mouse and keyboard drivers in device manager doing sfc or dism but the issue still persists and the only way I can start them is by unplugging and replugging them back which is a hassle and I also notice that replugging and plugging my mouse and keyboard after cutting off power on my PC then starting make it normall

:)

EmirIbana, Apr 19, 2022
  2. Virus-j Win User

PC wont Start Black Screen (keyboard,mouse issue)

Ok.. after reading some of the replys, Some of this has gotten mixed up. So il Sum everything up.

Ok firstly I have Two Pc's One of which i have listed Under my name is System Specs which is Running Windows 7 and My other Pc which is Windows Xp which is the one with the problem Specs are Below.

AMD 245 2.9Ghz
    4GB Team Elite 2x2Gb
    Asrock N68-s Mobo
    160Gb Hard Drive
    550w CIT PSU

Ok For some Reason my Pc Refuses to Start up with a Keyboard and mouse in the Usb port All i get is a black Screen and so far the only way to get the pc in is if i keep Press ANy key on the keyboard and keep clicking on the mouse But this does not always work. I have tried A loads of Different Keyboards Mouses Etc... But none of which Seem to Work.

i have Tried all the Suggestions Given to me wont list them as there are loads now...Lol
    However one of the Suggestions Did kinda work which was to Connect my Keyboard mouse Using a Ps/2 adapter which Seems to be working ok But not fully sometimes it dont want to start up again say 2/10.

Yesterday i Went to a Friend of mine who is Pc Engineer and we connected it up Using His Psu and His microsoft keyboard and Mouse which worked Fine the problem was gone. Please note we done a bench Test Leaving only His Hard drive Connected to the board, He is also running windows Xp Pro ... Thought it Be best to Use Same OS.

But as soon as i Took it Home and tried it again thinking it was ok... I was wrong.

@Scaminatrix : Board was Bought Brand New was in my Windows 7 Rig for a week then i decided to Upgrade My Cpu and Mobo. So I stuck my Old Board and Cpu in this pc (One with the problem)

@Aleksander : Yh Saw the post about this Board. No Doesent have CPU Unlock, USb is enabled in Bios. Erm I have Tried loads of Different Keyboards and Mouses, Trust ,Microsoft, Sumvision about 6 different keyboards mouses i own and about 4 i borrowed from some Friends and the only one that worked was the engineers Microsoft Keyboard and mouse.

@jakeman97 : The Pc In My Specs is My Main Rig (One Running W7) and the one with the problem is my Second Rig which is Running windows Xp and is only really Used for Video Editing and the Ocational Game with a m8t ...Lol

Finger hurt now from typing...LOl

Virus-j, Apr 19, 2022
  3. keyboard and mouse pad problems

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for keyboard and mouse by following the steps below.

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard (for keyboard) and Mice and other pointing devices (for mouse).
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 19, 2022
  4. Virus-j Win User

PC wont Start Black Screen (keyboard,mouse issue)

Ok, tihs morning before i went to college i decided to put Usb to Ps/2 on both my keyboard and mouse just started it up now and it booted up straight away which is strange it is definatly a mouse and keyboard issuse thing is whatever Keyboard mouse i plug into it By Usb the pc refuses to start which is weird ?

Also i double checked the front pannel Usb and that appeard to be ok Everything working fine.

Virus-j, Apr 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard sometimes

2. Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late: This has been an ongoing problem for me and it just started to be more frequent and annoying whenever I restart or shutdown my pc a little often sometimes makes my mouse and keyboard don't work at startup or welcome screen and sometimes they work but after a while, I tried...
  3. Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard sometimes not starting up and sometimes starts late: This has been an ongoing problem for me and it just started to be more frequent and annoying whenever I restart or shutdown my pc a little often sometimes makes my mouse and keyboard don't work at startup or welcome screen and sometimes they work but after a while, I tried...
  4. Mouse and keyboard sometimes freeze up for seconds at a time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and keyboard sometimes freeze up for seconds at a time: [ATTACH] While trying to install a few drivers that I had thought we missing after the very first bootup of my computer, I noticed that the download of what I was installing, after running through VirusTotal, over 30 red flags were shown. I was able to end the process...
  5. Graphic display sometime starts up 720x480

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic display sometime starts up 720x480: Hi everysi often my PC starts up with a 7120x480 display, previously I restarted the PC to resolve this, but just disabled the graphic card in Dev Man & re enabled and it fixed it. any idea why this should happen ? thanks 162876
  6. Graphic display sometime starts up 720x480

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Graphic display sometime starts up 720x480: Hi everysi often my PC starts up with a 7120x480 display, previously I restarted the PC to resolve this, but just disabled the graphic card in Dev Man & re enabled and it fixed it. any idea why this should happen ? thanks 162876
  7. Sometimes my USB ports start working late

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sometimes my USB ports start working late: I have an HP laptop which has 10th gen I7 processor. I use Win 10 Home 1909. My OS is up to date. My problem is, when i start my pc, sometimes my USB ports don't work for 5-10-15 mins and then they work. Sometimes they work instantly. I disabled selective suspend feature in...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes: So two days ago, I was playing Counter-Strike. I left the game idle at the home screen for around 2 hours because I had some urgent work. When I came back, I closed the game and put my laptop on Sleep. I logged in again after 2 hours and found that something was wrong. At the...
  9. Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes: Sometimes apps won't fully start, example is that Windows Store will open but only categories at the very top will show; words only. Twitter will open but will only have the bird in the middle of the screen but that again will be as far as it opens. Also sometimes it takes...
  10. Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps Not Starting Fully Sometimes: Sometimes apps won't fully start, example is that Windows Store will open but only categories at the very top will show; words only. Twitter will open but will only have the bird in the middle of the screen but that again will be as far as it opens. Also sometimes it takes...