Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have read multiple threads from this website and others with no real answer on how to fix this issue, so I apologize for starting another thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mrkwhlr2, Jan 18, 2016.

1. mrkwhlr2 Win User

Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown

I have read multiple threads from this website and others with no real answer on how to fix this issue, so I apologize for starting another thread about it. The web is littered with so many people still having this issue...

I just recently updated. I then created a boot disk and performed a clean install. I use a Razor Black Widow Ultimate keyboard and a Logitech G9x laser mouse. I can reboot, I can shut down and restart and everything seems to work fine. But, after leaving the pc off all night and start in the morning I have no mouse or keyboard. This has happened Saturday morning, Sunday morning and yet again today. Fortunately, I have Acronis backup of my install, so when this happens I just re-image the hard drive and start searching for solutions again.

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?

I have the latest Logitech mouse drivers and running Razor Synapse for keyboard software.

The latest thing I have done is disable fast boot but have not had it shut down long enough to see if it fixes the issue.

thanks

mw

:)

mrkwhlr2, Jan 18, 2016
  2. MrsG1216 Win User

Erratic behavior of keyboard and mouse after installing Windows 10

I have a problem with the keyboard only and when I shutdown for a while the problem goes away. It seems to only return after I have been logged in for a long period of time.

MrsG1216, Jan 18, 2016
  3. ira_707 Win User
    windows10 upgrade issue with mouse and keyboard

Hi guys

I have recently upgraded windows 10pro on Dell Vostro 220s from vista to windows7 pro 64x to windows 10pro.However, at this point mouse and keyboard are working fine.Than I have decided to reset the PC from my upgraded environment as soon as I have reset the
    PC mouse and keyboard stopped working.After that I did clean installation and again mouse and keyboard are working fine.Now I have decided to do some test on clean installed environment so, I have reset the PC again and this time mouse and keyboard are working
    fine.Here my question is that why mouse and keyboard are stopped working after PC being reset from upgraded environment.However it's working fine on clean installation environment.is this some kind of bug? or reset OS setting drivers has some conflict with
    upgraded OS drivers setting?

Appreciated any help!

ira_707, Jan 18, 2016
  4. mrkwhlr2 Win User

Here is a list of things I have done in hopes of fixing this issue:
    disable legacy USB in bios
    disabled fast boot
    installed latest Intel chipset
    installed latest set point drivers

are any of the above a waste of time or is anything above one of the suggested fixes?

mrkwhlr2, Jan 18, 2016
  5. mrkwhlr2 Win User
    well, so for so good with the disabled fast boot. Hope this continues to be the case.

with as many people who seem to be having this issue I am surprised nobody chimed in here to help me out.

mrkwhlr2, Jan 19, 2016
  6. mrkwhlr2 Win User
    It seems fast boot is the answer.

mrkwhlr2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard stop

2. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after rebooting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard stopped working after rebooting PC: I downloaded the file to install applications from the site, but it turned out to be a stealer and also blocked the mouse and keyboard What to do? I saw a similar problem, but the mouse and keyboard do not work even in safe mode Mouse and keyboard work until desktop/safe mode...
  3. Keep getting BSOD after long periods of Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting BSOD after long periods of Shutdown: I bought a new Asus Tuf 15 gaming laptop FX517ZR-F15.173070 then upgraded the RAM and both SDD. Now I get BSODs at least once a day. They occur after the laptop has been completely powered-off for a while. It gets to the ASUS logo then BSOD's or will BSOD as soon as soon as...
  4. Keep getting BSOD after long periods of Shutdown

Keep getting BSOD after long periods of Shutdown: I bought a new Asus Tuf 15 gaming laptop FX517ZR-F15.173070 then upgraded the RAM and both SDD. Now I get BSODs at least once a day. They occur after the laptop has been completely powered-off for a while. It gets to the ASUS logo then BSOD's or will BSOD as soon as soon as...
  5. Losing control of both keyboard and mouse after using the pc for a long period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing control of both keyboard and mouse after using the pc for a long period of time: Hi, this has just started happening but sometime my keyboard and mouse would just become unresponsive and unplugging and replugging doesn’t solve the issue. The only way to solve it is by restarting computer, this has happened 3 times today. I don’t know if it’s due to pc...
  6. Losing control of both keyboard and mouse after using the pc for a long period of time

Losing control of both keyboard and mouse after using the pc for a long period of time: Hi, this has just started happening but sometime my keyboard and mouse would just become unresponsive and unplugging and replugging doesn’t solve the issue. The only way to solve it is by restarting computer, this has happened 3 times today. I don’t know if it’s due to pc...
  7. Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.: I have and Asus ROG Strix Laptop specifics are below, the wifi adapter goes dead after sleep or long periods of 'idle'. Idle as in, doing a backup using file history but not actually using to laptop. I have done a clean reinstall of the factory windows and allowed windows to...
  8. Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.: I have and Asus ROG Strix Laptop specifics are below, the wifi adapter goes dead after sleep or long periods of 'idle'. Idle as in, doing a backup using file history but not actually using to laptop. I have done a clean reinstall of the factory windows and allowed windows to...
  9. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown: Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 1 or 2 weeks ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This...
  10. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown: Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 3 or so days ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This...