Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have read multiple threads from this website and others with no real answer on how to fix this issue, so I apologize for starting another thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mrkwhlr2, Jan 18, 2016.

1. mrkwhlr2 Win User

Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown

I have read multiple threads from this website and others with no real answer on how to fix this issue, so I apologize for starting another thread about it. The web is littered with so many people still having this issue...

I just recently updated. I then created a boot disk and performed a clean install. I use a Razor Black Widow Ultimate keyboard and a Logitech G9x laser mouse. I can reboot, I can shut down and restart and everything seems to work fine. But, after leaving the pc off all night and start in the morning I have no mouse or keyboard. This has happened Saturday morning, Sunday morning and yet again today. Fortunately, I have Acronis backup of my install, so when this happens I just re-image the hard drive and start searching for solutions again.

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?

I have the latest Logitech mouse drivers and running Razor Synapse for keyboard software.

The latest thing I have done is disable fast boot but have not had it shut down long enough to see if it fixes the issue.

thanks

mw

:)

mrkwhlr2, Jan 18, 2016
  2. MrsG1216 Win User

Erratic behavior of keyboard and mouse after installing Windows 10

I have a problem with the keyboard only and when I shutdown for a while the problem goes away. It seems to only return after I have been logged in for a long period of time.

MrsG1216, Jan 18, 2016
  3. ira_707 Win User
    windows10 upgrade issue with mouse and keyboard

Hi guys

I have recently upgraded windows 10pro on Dell Vostro 220s from vista to windows7 pro 64x to windows 10pro.However, at this point mouse and keyboard are working fine.Than I have decided to reset the PC from my upgraded environment as soon as I have reset the
    PC mouse and keyboard stopped working.After that I did clean installation and again mouse and keyboard are working fine.Now I have decided to do some test on clean installed environment so, I have reset the PC again and this time mouse and keyboard are working
    fine.Here my question is that why mouse and keyboard are stopped working after PC being reset from upgraded environment.However it's working fine on clean installation environment.is this some kind of bug? or reset OS setting drivers has some conflict with
    upgraded OS drivers setting?

Appreciated any help!

ira_707, Jan 18, 2016
  4. mrkwhlr2 Win User

Here is a list of things I have done in hopes of fixing this issue:
    disable legacy USB in bios
    disabled fast boot
    installed latest Intel chipset
    installed latest set point drivers

are any of the above a waste of time or is anything above one of the suggested fixes?

mrkwhlr2, Jan 18, 2016
  5. mrkwhlr2 Win User
    well, so for so good with the disabled fast boot. Hope this continues to be the case.

with as many people who seem to be having this issue I am surprised nobody chimed in here to help me out.

mrkwhlr2, Jan 19, 2016
  6. mrkwhlr2 Win User
    It seems fast boot is the answer.

mrkwhlr2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard stop

2. Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering: This is a common issue now that you don't seem to have any advice on. (You actually closed the other post about this issue, before offering any solutions). I'd prefer to not have waste my time to re-image entire PCs because of some BS problem that MS can't figure out...
  3. Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly

Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly: Hi Microsoft, For the past week or so I've been having an issue where my wireless keyboard and mouse stop working at random moments. When the computer starts up everything works fine, and after half an hour or so the input device suddenly becomes unresponsive. Peculiar...
  4. Mouse and keyboard stop working after power on the machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse and keyboard stop working after power on the machine: I lately experience my mouse and keyboard stop working right at the screen before the login screen after pressing the keyboard, meaning that I cannot get to the login screen. I reboot my PC and was able to get into BIOS setup, showing the keyboard and mouse were working and...
  5. Integrated mouse and keyboard stopped working

Integrated mouse and keyboard stopped working: My computer is a 4 year old Dell inspiration 15 3000 series laptop. I've been very careful with it: It's never been dropped, had any water damage, and I don't leave it on for long periods of time. It's stable; it doesn't typically crash. This afternoon the screen went black...
  6. Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after Windows Update: I have a HP Envy Laptop M6-AQ105DX that the keyboard and touchpad mouse have stopped working (touch screen still works though). However they work in BIOS setup (mousepad, keyboard and keyboard backlight) and mouse pad works in SAFE mode. When I do a clean reinstall...
  7. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown: Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 1 or 2 weeks ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This...
  8. Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working

Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working: For a while now my my detachable Keyboard, Trackpad and Mouse have kept stopping. It has happened before and cured itself but so far not this time. A new and odd behaviour is that after closing down and relaunching everything does work, for about two seconds only, just enough...
  9. Keyboard, mouse stopped working, dust buildup, PC DOWN....

Keyboard, mouse stopped working, dust buildup, PC DOWN....: Hello everybody, Having an issue here. I did a dumb mistake where I didn’t clean or dust my computer in time. Just before my computer shut down on me, my keyboard and mouse first stop working. I then dusted out my computer and did a test and my keyboard and mouse still...
  10. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown: Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 3 or so days ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This...