Windows 10: Mouse and Keyboard stop working after Recovery Win7

Discus and support Mouse and Keyboard stop working after Recovery Win7 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; GreetingsI have a rather old Win7 SP1 computer here that I have made an Acronis Backup of via USB stick.I restored this Image onto a very similar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kim Müller1, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Mouse and Keyboard stop working after Recovery Win7

GreetingsI have a rather old Win7 SP1 computer here that I have made an Acronis Backup of via USB stick.I restored this Image onto a very similar computer with almost the same specs.When I boot the system, I get to the Windows 7 Logo and then the system gets a BSOD 0x0000007B.I used Acronis Universal Restore and added all the drivers that I have which were on a CD copied them to a USB Stick.System now boots but mouse and keyboard don't work.At this point I see in the system tray bottom right hand corner that the system tries to install drivers.Takes a long time but always results in the mess

:)

Kim Müller1, Aug 10, 2022

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Mouse and Keyboard stop working after Recovery Win7

Mouse/Keyboard work in BIOS, they do not work once computer boots

I have been using computers for over 25 years now, and I have never run across a problem like this. Backstory: I built my current PC about a year ago. Everything worked perfectly until about 5 days ago. At that point, it needed to restart. I restarted it, and upon boot neither the mouse or keyboard would respond. I tried a different mouse and keyboard, they did not work either. I tried both of the mice and keyboards with another PC, and they worked fine. This absolutely rules out the problem being the inputs.Then, I noticed that the mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS. However, after exiting BIOS and booting, they stop responding altogether. I have gone into system recovery countless times and tried literally every recovery option listed, to no avail. Any suggestions to help would be GREATLY appreciated. For the past 5 days I have literally had a $3000 paperweight.

JamesKBoyd, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Mouse and Keyboard stop working after Recovery Win7

1. Mouse and Keyboard stop working after Recovery Win7 - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard stop

2. Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.: My keyboard and mouse aren't working after I reset my pc. I tried to reset my pc of the malware I got. In result I reseted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stop working. My mouse and keyboard works when i'm in BIOS settings or that blue screen repair thing. I tried going to...
  3. Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.: My keyboard and mouse aren't working after I reset my pc. I tried to reset my pc of the malware I got. In result I reseted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stop working. My mouse and keyboard works when i'm in BIOS settings or that blue screen repair thing. I tried going to...
  4. Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse and Keyboard stop working after Recovery Win7

Mouse and Keyboard stop working after Recovery Win7: GreetingsI have a rather old Win7 SP1 computer here that I have made an Acronis Backup of via USB stick.I restored this Image onto a very similar computer with almost the same specs.When I boot the system, I get to the Windows 7 Logo and then the system gets a BSOD...
  6. WIN7 after boot no Keyboard no mouse and usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN7 after boot no Keyboard no mouse and usb: Vostro 3560 after boot no Keyboard no mouse and usbHi - with a boot stick Win10 or Linux no issues with keyboard mouse or USB . After boot with Win7 I have non of them ,I tried Safe Mode - Repair mode - different USB mouse and Keyboards - regback - rollback to older versions...
  7. WIN7 after boot no Keyboard no mouse and usb

WIN7 after boot no Keyboard no mouse and usb: Vostro 3560 after boot no Keyboard no mouse and usbHi - with a boot stick Win10 or Linux no issues with keyboard mouse or USB . After boot with Win7 I have non of them ,I tried Safe Mode - Repair mode - different USB mouse and Keyboards - regback - rollback to older versions...
  8. Mouse/keyboard stopped working after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse/keyboard stopped working after upgrade.: I'm at a bit of a loss here and need some help... This evening I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. At the end of the upgrade, being asked to pick privacy settings, i find neither my mouse nor keyboard inputs are being read and the devices internal lights are off...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after update: So yesterday when i turned off my pc the windows installed a update. Now when i turn on my pc my keyboard and mouse dont work. Need some help plsss. submitted by /u/BlackBaad [link] [comments]...
  10. Mouse and keyboard stop working after power on the machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse and keyboard stop working after power on the machine: I lately experience my mouse and keyboard stop working right at the screen before the login screen after pressing the keyboard, meaning that I cannot get to the login screen. I reboot my PC and was able to get into BIOS setup, showing the keyboard and mouse were working and...