Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just like the title says, no matter what keyboard or mouse that I use (or USB ports) it always will randomly stop, for example the mouse will suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BootlegJunk, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then

Just like the title says, no matter what keyboard or mouse that I use (or USB ports) it always will randomly stop, for example the mouse will suddenly become unresponsive but then work fine for ~15 seconds or more.

Edit: the sound also begins to freeze/stutter when the mouse and keyboard break

submitted by /u/BootlegJunk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BootlegJunk, Feb 22, 2021

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then

1. Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard stop

2. Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly: I don't know how and when this problem started but my usb mouse and keyboard stop working completly and i need to reboot my pc to temporaly fix the problem,the screen still work properly, before the mouse and keyboard stopped there will be a stuttering when i move my mouse....
  3. Mouse and Keyboard just stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard just stopped working.: I have a Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY Laptop. It had Windows 11 on Beta Version. A few days ago I had an external USB mouse connected, when I booted up the mouse just didn't work. I thought it was some Driver Issue, So I rebooted. Didn't work. I tried deleting Mouse, USB Root Hub...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds: Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly every 30 seconds. It happens only while on the Desktop/in Windows 10 environment. It never happens when I'm playing Games, so...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds: Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly every 30 seconds. It happens only while on the Desktop/in Windows 10 environment. It never happens when I'm playing Games, so...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working: I have an ASUS UX430UAR I purchased in 2018. I'm having issues with the keyboard and mouse randomly bugging. When the problem occurs: neither my wireless keyboard, my laptop's physical keyboard or the windows virtual keyboard function. Also, the problem forces my wireless...
  8. My wireless mouse&keyboard stop working in every 10 seconds

My wireless mouse&keyboard stop working in every 10 seconds: I'm using Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 mouse and keyboard. It moves smoothly when I continuously use it but it lags if there is 10 seconds pause of using. For example, If I read an article on the web site and I scroll down the page after 10 seconds then it doesn't...
  9. Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes....: I have an HP gaming desktop with an AMD Ryzen 5 processor and Radeon RX 580 graphics card, about one year old. I've been having an issue with it that has been there since the beginning but has lately seemed to accelerate and it's driving me totally crazy (as if other world...
  10. USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.

USB stop working no keyboard or mouse now.: I had Windows 10 installed for I guess a year working good. The other day it did not see USB flash drive I plug in. It did make a ding sound though the USB sound headphones I have on it. Rebooted and then no USB works. It goes to the log in screen and I can press any key...