Windows 10: Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after Windows Update

Discus and support Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP Envy Laptop M6-AQ105DX that the keyboard and touchpad mouse have stopped working (touch screen still works though). However they work in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SSBasra, Oct 27, 2018.

1. SSBasra Win User

Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after Windows Update

I have a HP Envy Laptop M6-AQ105DX that the keyboard and touchpad mouse have stopped working (touch screen still works though). However they work in BIOS setup (mousepad, keyboard and keyboard backlight) and mouse pad works in SAFE mode.

When I do a clean reinstall windows(done many now on this laptop) using the latest version from windows site, it works during install, and once install complete, but stops as soon as windows update runs and installs 1 of the 1st 10 updates. Don't know which one though as they all appear to happen at once, I can't seem to uninstall the updates it has installed.

Had some success in reinstalling windows 10 home and disabling the windows update service (not a recommended move I think). The mouse, keyboard and back light all worked perfectly.

But somehow the service restarted and everything stopped again. I have another identical laptop for my daughter and she has no such issues.

None of the later updates seem to resolve the issue, and all the uninstall driver offerings to remove some of the feb 2018 patches fail.

I dont want to have to keep uninstalling windows 10 and reinstalling and stopping Windows update service each time

Any help much appreciated.

:)

SSBasra, Oct 27, 2018

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 27, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Oct 27, 2018
  4. DeepalM Win User

Windows 10 Keyboard and mouse suddenly stopped working.

Windows 10 - Keyboard and mouse all of sudden stopped working.

The same keyboard and mouse works on 2 other laptops.

What I have tried so far to fix.

• Tried a different wireless keyboard and mouse. - no luck.
    • Ran the Troubleshooter - Hardware and Devices - It 'applied a fix' and rebooted. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the drivers under HID from device manager. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the USB drivers. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled the root hub. - still no luck.
    • Tried System Restore to the previous date before the last windows update today. - still no luck

Only strange thing is after rebooting the same drivers that I deleted shows up on device manager

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Enterprise - 1709 build 16299.248

DeepalM, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard stopped

2. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install: Hi. My SSD stopped working so I needed to get a new drive and reinstall windows 10. My mouse and keyboard no longer work when I sign into windows so I can not search for any driver updates. The mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS.Thank you...
  3. Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update: After implementing the newest Windows update on my computer 20.10.2023 around 2300h, my original Microsoft Desktop 900 Mouse&Keyboard set has stopped working. I've been looking a solution left and right but i was unable to find one. If anybody can assist me with this problem...
  4. Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update

Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update: After implementing the newest Windows update on my computer 20.10.2023 around 2300h, my original Microsoft Desktop 900 Mouse&Keyboard set has stopped working. I've been looking a solution left and right but i was unable to find one. If anybody can assist me with this problem...
  5. Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.

Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.: My keyboard and mouse aren't working after I reset my pc. I tried to reset my pc of the malware I got. In result I reseted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stop working. My mouse and keyboard works when i'm in BIOS settings or that blue screen repair thing. I tried going to...
  6. Mouse and keyboard stop working after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard stop working after Windows 10 Update: Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Update. My desktop became inoperable. After spending a long time trying to fix this myself I had to take my desktop to a private tech guy. Why is this Windows update so disruptive? and shouldn't Windows be responsible for...
  7. The keyboard and mouse stopped working after last update

The keyboard and mouse stopped working after last update: Windows 10 with the latest updates. The keyboard and mouse stopped working. tried connecting via usb receiver, bluetooth, or usb. Devices are detected but do not respond to movements or clicks. The device Manager has the driver error status. I connected about 5 different...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004

Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004: I was using windows 10 version 1909.It was running fine but after updating to windows inside progamme .I got version 2004. After Updating to version 2004.After updating.I realized the windows was not detecting my mouse and keyboard.I tried to use windows in recovery mode.But...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after update: So yesterday when i turned off my pc the windows installed a update. Now when i turn on my pc my keyboard and mouse dont work. Need some help plsss. submitted by /u/BlackBaad [link] [comments]...
  10. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after last Windows 10 update

Mouse and keyboard stopped working after last Windows 10 update: Hello, Yesterday (September 12th, 2019, around 10:30 PM CET) an update was installed on my mother's computer (Windows 10). Since then, the mouse and the keyboard are not detected anymore. Here is the list of what we tried: - Unplug and plug the keyboard and the mouse -...