Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard suddenly stops working in media creation tool (PLEASE HELP)

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard suddenly stops working in media creation tool (PLEASE HELP) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bopperbum [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2j23t/mouse_and_keyboard_suddenly_stops_working_in/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bopperbum, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Mouse and keyboard suddenly stops working in media creation tool (PLEASE HELP)

/u/bopperbum, Nov 28, 2020

2. Media Creation Tool question

Hi, I have never had any problems using the Media Creation Tool to perform a Windows 10 clean installation until yesterday so I have a couple of questions.
    1. The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?

2. Yesterday I used the Media Creation Tool to do a clean install. Everything went fine with the download. After the two hour download the Media Creation Tool automatically started to create the media. Everything working normally so far..then suddenly at 50% a screen popped up with an unexpected error message Error code beginning 0x80004005. That was it I had to stop there.
    After searching the net it seems that other people have had the same issue after the Fall Creators Update...with the installation stopping at 50%. I have no idea how to sort this out. After contacting Microsoft Chat Support they didn't offer any suggestions that worked either.
    Can anyone advise please
    Many Thanks

sportsfan148, Nov 28, 2020
  3. philipyip Win User
    Media Creation Tool question

I recommend saving the .iso for two reasons. The first reason is you have the .iso to hand in case you need it later on. The second is Rufus does a better job of making a Bootable USB.

philipyip, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Mouse and keyboard suddenly stops working in media creation tool (PLEASE HELP)

media creation tool won't work

Hi Jenkins,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret for the inconvenience caused and we will definitely help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove all the external hardware device except keyboard and mouse.

Step 2: Install all the updates including Optional updates on Windows 7.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Install-Windows-updates

Step 3: Upgrade your System to Window 10, using media creation tool.

Refer to the below link:

Windows 10 herunterladen

Note: Select Upgrade this PC now
    on Windows 10 Setup page.

For more information, refer to the below link:

How to Download Official Windows 10 ISO files Using Media Creation Tool or Directly Using your Web Browser

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard suddenly stops working in media creation tool (PLEASE HELP)

1. Mouse and keyboard suddenly stops working in media creation tool (PLEASE HELP) - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard suddenly

2. Media Creation tool not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation tool not working: Media creation tool show error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-not-working/493d6960-bd09-4926-a314-7e7e562f1cba
  3. Media Creation Tool not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool not working: For the past 4 hours I've been desperately trying to update my old PC with Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. Unfortunately, every time I open the program, I get error 0x80072f8f - 0x20000. I've tried every single solution I could find online, but none of...
  4. Media Creation Tool not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool not working: For the past 4 hours I've been desperately trying to update my old PC with Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. Unfortunately, every time I open the program, I get error 0x80072f8f - 0x20000. I've tried every single solution I could find online, but none of...
  5. Media Creation Tool not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Media Creation Tool not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Creation Tool not working?: I had a Windows 10 32 bit PC, and used the tool to upgrade to 64 bits. The whole PC got formatted and the process went smoothly, but when I launched my PC it was still 32 bits! What's the fix to this? And yes I'm sure I download the 64 bit file on my USB submitted by...
  7. Media Creation Tool Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Creation Tool Help: So I'm trying to create a bootable USB drive, but when I try to make one using the MCT, it wont even let me select a USB drive to create it on. Instead it will automatically tell me to free space on my C: Drive to install it on there instead. Is anyone able to help me out...
  8. Media Creation tool not working

Media Creation tool not working: Hi, Everytime I try to create a windows ISO or bootable USB I get the same error. I tried it on several computers on the same network. Error code: 0x80200013 - 0x90019[ATTACH]...
  9. Media Creation Tool Not Working

Media Creation Tool Not Working: Im currently building a gaming PC and purchased a software key for Windows 10 Pro. Im trying to download the files I need it to a flash drive with the media creation tool and when I Ranett it runs for about five seconds and then says there was an error and to try again...
  10. Media creation tool not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media creation tool not working: So i build myslef a new pc and im going to download windows on it so i go on another and go computer to the website and download the media crestion tool and then if gives me the option to chose upgrsde pc or use usb or iso so i click that then it asks ro pick my language and...