Windows 10: Mouse and Keyboard turning off

Discus and support Mouse and Keyboard turning off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, So for last few days I've had this problem with my keyboard which was turning off randomly and only way to fix it was reBoot. I've tried pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nikolabojdo, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Mouse and Keyboard turning off

Hello,
    So for last few days I've had this problem with my keyboard which was turning off randomly and only way to fix it was reBoot.
    I've tried pretty much everything that I read on internet:
    • Device Managerdrivers update/uninstall, disable power saving on each of them etc
    • Tried all USB Ports for my keyboard
    • Updated my BIOS even further than I should according to ASROCK *ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven, Summit or Bristol Ridge CPU is being used on your system.
    • Double checked all cables
    • Troubleshooting for keyboard
    • Delay and sticky keys
    • Stress tests
    • Full windows reinstallation
    Things that I've noticed bugging out as well:
    • my keyboard sometimes register more keys, if I press "F" once it'll type "FF" etc
    • if I press more keys on keyboard simultaneously i.e. asdf, short delay will happen before anything happens into asdfffffffffff with f lagging out sometimes from time to time while i'm holding it of course
    • it happens more often when I'm gaming
    • if I leave PC for like 15-20 minutes and change usb port it'll fix issue sometimes
    After I did new windows installation my mouse started turning off as well and now I'm out of ideas....

be quiet! System Power 9 500 Watt
    ASRock B450M PRO4 AMD AM4 MATX
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 Kit 3000 C16 2x4GB
    AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Boxed

Best regards,
    Nikola

:)

Nikolabojdo, Feb 12, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Feb 12, 2020
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Mouse and Keyboard turning off

Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Mouse and Keyboard turning off

1. Mouse and Keyboard turning off - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard turning

2. Mouse and keyboard turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard turns off randomly: my mouse and keyboard turns off randomly sometimes also by audio for no reason idk was is causing this. Sometimes is just the mouse turns for a few seconds then sometimes my keyboard and mouse any idea why this happens also i checked my that my usb is not faulty....
  3. Mouse and keyboard turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard turns off randomly: my mouse and keyboard turns off randomly sometimes also by audio for no reason idk was is causing this. Sometimes is just the mouse turns for a few seconds then sometimes my keyboard and mouse any idea why this happens also i checked my that my usb is not faulty....
  4. Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot: My keyboard and mouse are functioning, I have tried them on multiple devices and they work in the lenovo bios menu but do not work when I get to the log in screen to enter my pin. The keyboard and mouse are both wired and RGB so they light up when the computer is turned on...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot: My keyboard and mouse are functioning, I have tried them on multiple devices and they work in the lenovo bios menu but do not work when I get to the log in screen to enter my pin. The keyboard and mouse are both wired and RGB so they light up when the computer is turned on...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse turn off on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Troubleshoot menu turns off keyboard and mouse

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Troubleshoot menu turns off keyboard and mouse: Someone please help, Recently, I received a windows update which completely disabled my Hello PIN error code 0x8007007f, so I went to the troubleshoot menu to go to command prompt to fix it since I had no Microsoft password attached. But when I click on command prompt, it...
  8. Mouse and keyboard turns on, then off upon starting computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and keyboard turns on, then off upon starting computer: Hi,While I was using my computer, it started running a little slower than usual. I then decided to restart the computer, hoping it would fix the issue. Upon restarting the computer, my keyboard, mouse and my wireless adaptor for my headset stopped working; didn't help...
  9. Keyboard, Mouse, and Headset turn off and back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard, Mouse, and Headset turn off and back on: My keyboard, mouse, and headset keep randomly turning off at the same time and turning back on after a couple of seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-mouse-and-headset-turn-off-and-back-on/642aa3bd-7994-4210-94af-6d35f541d2b7
  10. Mouse and Keyboard turn off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard turn off randomly: My keyboard and mouse shut down randomly during use. Doesn't matter how long I've been on computer; keyboard/mouse have turned off shortly after powering on as well. I had this same issue before and went into Device Manager and unchecked "allow computer to turn off device"...